MtMtE #17 Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nope, May 29, 2013.

1. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    I'm getting antsy in anticipation.

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'm sure it'll be epic. Dunno why Cyclonus clawed his face though after hearing Tailgate was dying.

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    The bit with Cyclonus and the mirror is intriguing. I'd just assumed his multiple personality disorder was a dropped plot point. Perhaps that's not the case?

4. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It might be a twisted form of remembering someone he cares about. Despite how he might have started off feeling, I got to feeling that he began actually caring about Tailgate in the end. Then finding out he was dying, he wanted to rage out, but ended up turning it inward, hating himself for not being able to do anything, thus the Cybertronian equivalent of cutting.

5. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Cyclonus cutting, man they gotta stop pandering to the tumblr crowd.

6. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    First off, I was wrong. I assumed Ultra Mag and the events in RID #17 had some correlation and I was way off base. Instead, we get so much more than I expected (as always) from Roberts and company.

Where do I begin?

LUNA 1, DOMINUS AMBUS, LOCKDOWN AND COMPANY, 1984!!!!!!

Cyclonus and Tailgate had some good moments and I love how Cyclonus rather shows in action rather than words his affection for his comrade.

I love how all those seeds that got planted earlier in the series are still bearing fruit. Of course, he can't harvest some without planting more and for some answers, we get many more questions.

How does Ultra Magnus know the location of Luna 1 and not tell anybody? For that matter, how does Lockdown?

To find Luna-1 teeming with sparks suggests a lot of things about Magnus' survival and just why he seems... different every time he dies. But that's a guess from a guy who has been wrong before when it comes to Maggy.

Of course Roberts can't resist the one-two punch. For just when we lose Rewind, Ambus is found.

But the biggest question is: If Ultra Magnus is a .01 percenter then how is he dying? If he possesses the green spark that we are led to believe is an indestructible spark, how can he die? Unless... there is something on the moon that will reenergize that spark... same as a certain other autobot with green innermost energon that is slowly dying.

So many questions raised, stakes along with it....

and we've only just begun

I took it about the same. I don't think it was about not being able to show his emotions, so much as he is not conditioned to show them. This Cyclonus is definitely someone from the upper crust of society and one who has a lot in common with the Victorian way a nobleman carried himself. To show any extreme emotion in public was abhorrent and to display any extreme emotions (negative or positive) was to be "common". So, him leaving as he did made sense. He needed to vent but will not do so in front of others.

Him marking himself I took as more to do with his way of mourning. An extreme form of the black armband. He's marking himself in memory of Tailgate and what Tailgate represents: the dying past.

7. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with Fryguy with what Cyclonus did. The last panel is more of grief than rage or anger.

8. AdyCarter

AdyCarter Mentalist Conspiracies

Holy hell, the past 16 issues really have been building towards this

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

So Ambus is the judge interviewing Rodimus and the mind behind the Legislators?

10. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    So we learn exactly what the Point One Percenters are-forged heavy hitters. We get the two ways transformers reproduce in this universe, we get tie-ins to EVERY major plot this series has introduced, we get bloody Lockdown and his team again...oh, and Tailgate's dying of old age and Cyclonus really doesn't know how to feel about it. JESUS

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Damn, that was nuts.

12. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's how you start an epic.

That's also how you make a month's wait INTERMINABLE.

WOO Deluxe Insecticons (Don't die, guys!) and I think Pharma just shot up my list of guys needs toys.

-ZacWilliam, it should have gone bi-weekly for this story. I can't wait.

13. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Part of me hates myself for not liking something amongst this cauldron of awesome, but I can confidently state I really don't like this "cabbage patch" origin for sparks at all.

14. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    fiend! Geewunner fiend!

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MAYTRICKS NoT CABIJ PATCH

16. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man...love this. Love this. Love this.

The only things I don't really love? Cyclonus having some sort of emo-goth behaviour, even cutting himself. But I guess it makes sense seeing as the guy was in the thrall of an absolute and undead evil power for millions of years. He's more pessimistic than Dead End!

That, and the final panel reveal came one panel too soon thanks to Ratchet saying the name. Doesn't really matter if you're reading the comic page by page (as your eye will no doubt catch the character, unintended), but for the flow it would have worked better if he hadn't. Yes, that's how nitpicky my complaints are this issue.

I actually like the cabbage patch thing. Or at least, I am not opposed to it. I don't care if sparks arrive through tubes coming from the inner core of Cybertron or something like this. And I like that we get explanations for being forged or constructed cold - it's close to what people were expecting, but with a twist.

Also funny how some people would consider the forged better than others, seeing as how some constructed cold are much nicer beings than those forged. Nonsensical apartheid at it's best/worst, adding another card to the big 'Cybertronians are all racists' deck: they discriminate others based on construction method, alt mode, size, and faction. What's left to hate?

I notice
    Ambus has a different color scheme than in the past. Any possible clues that might link him to a pre-existing Transformers character that he might end up turning into or something, or just a random color change after being bored?

17. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're banged up together, Ambus (the irony of him turning up so soon after Rewind's death) and Rodimus, yes? That's the impression I'm getting. Sharing a cell.

Love this attitude of 'jump in feet first, with me or not, I'm right, I've made up my mind, deal with it' that Rodimus displays, and fuck me if his ego hasn't taken a climb for the heavens after 'reigniting' millions of lives.

The Skids storyline finally coming into play. That one is going to hurt.

Cyclonus is the gift that keeps on giving. Taking it out on himself for not being able to give Tailgate anything other than words. You just know he's going to give in to his soft and fluffy centre the second he can do something to prevent Tailgate's death.

I've posed Lockdown with the FP Deluxe Insecticons since just after Christmas. I feel like a tiny king of nothing much.

Pharma. I hope Ratchet kicks your annoyingly similar looking ass.

So much coming to fruition here, if Roberts and Milne can pull off the potential this setup has shown, with this arc we could be looking at the defining piece of modern Transformers comics.

18. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Did anyone else feel the page with Ambus was a bit... disjointed? One second Lockdown is attacking, the next Rodimus is standing (in a cell?) with Ambus. Felt like I missed a scene or something.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The story in this issue is obviously a flashback story Rodimus tells Ambus (wherever they are, I guess in a cell). But I have to agree at that specific point it had me slightly confused .

20. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just like us, humans hate each other for every possible difference. Not sure if they are trying to draw some parallels and make a statement or just add depth and reality. Personally I think it's depth and realism.

Man was this issue freaking awesome. The wait for #18 is going to kill me.