MTMTE 16 (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by AdyCarter, Apr 24, 2013.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Wow, I missed that.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I"m not sure how people missed that. ON TOP OF ALL THAT, Heretech says that Optimus us off fighting the Tremorcons. As we know from Chaos Theory, Optimus is going to defeat the Tremorcons and use their "geo-scoop" to drop a city block on Megatron in gun mode, shattering his transformation cog.

Come to think of it, this might explain what happened to Heretech too...

3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Tbf, Chaos theory was a while ago now. Hells Point and the Tremorcons rang a big bell but it took a re-read to remember why.

4. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

The more I hear about this battle the more epic it gets. Who needs face-taking when you can crush a guy with a city!

5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Well Roberts is a fan of the new Dr Who and Russel really knew how to make the Last Great Time War sound huge and epic so Roberts is pretty much using that with the war for Cybertron.

Really I'm glad that we only see bits and pieces of it. It's much more interesting when a writer just tickles your imagination with stuff like that and you do all the work for him.

6. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just an odd question, since we haven't seen him, but what if Chromedome's longing for Rewind's return leads to the creation of Eject? He could try to build a new Rewind, inject the memories he has of the original into it, and it eventually gains its own sentience and changes to separate itself from what he wanted.

Could lead to some interesting story issues.

7. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, Roberts has definitely been doing some Russel T Davies-style 'Something of Unusual Adjective Noun' and 'Vaguely Defined Yet Evil Sounding Thing' stuff with his references to past events.

Blip the "Propagator of Infinite Sin", the "Nightmare Engine", and so on. Actually, Rewind's war recap in #4 is a goldmine:

Roberts sure knows how to make stuff sound cool and mysterious.

8. Manix

Manix Member

I know! Part of me wants him to go into details about this stuff, but the other part of me knows that if that happens, it'll just lose something.

9. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I basically forget everything days after I read it. It's pretty easy for people to miss.

10. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to know.

I'm pretty new here so I'm not entirely familiar with the etiquette. Thanks, friend.

11. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    agreed, I'm loving the references to amazing battles which has not been talked about for a lot of IDW's run. The Nightmare Engine is where the Doctor Who influence shown through. Still get chills at the thought of the Nightmare Child.

I had a similar thought about Eject. If he's not created as you suggest. Then what is his tale and where has he been? Is he as old as Rewind? Does he hold the archives of Cybertron as well... well at least maybe the sports of Cybertron. Having someone that resembles Rewind would play just as much hell with Chromey as the other way around as well.

His last interview with CBR was an interesting one and I was not at all surprised that he said he was a Russell fan. What was interesting was that he used Steven Moffat's seasons as his inspiration with the Ultra Magnus opening.

"To remember Magnus as he was..." is as ominous a quote from a writer as I have ever read. I wonder what path Magnus is going down and what his end will be.

12. RW8U

RW8U CRUSADERCON!

I'm probably the last person to notice this, but it looks like Chromedome's wheels have his initials "CD" on them.

13. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Holy shit, you're right, and they've totally been that way since issue 1 (at least some of the time) and I never bloody noticed!

[​IMG]

... I am genuinely stunned.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, politics and religion (at least in the real-world non-abstracted sense) are the main interdictions here that get threads shut down. You can discuss these things in the context of a comic like this obviously, as long as you don't use it as a means to make heavy-handed points or comments on real politics or religion.

Culture and philosophy are all okay as far as I know, though of course it should also be related to an on-topic discussion about Transformers.

zmog

15. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    No, I don't, I just have a hard time seeing the type of relationship that Chromedone and Rewind apparently have without some kind of physical love. If it was a couple of humans I'd certainly expect sex to be involved, given all the signs. It certainly seems to go well beyond love between friends or love that family members would show.

Everyone looks at things differently, I suppose. If nothing else, this discussion proves that!

That's an interesting thought. I don't think we have seen Eject, have we?

He's certainly come a long way as a character. Makes me wonder how he'd fit in over in RID with that title's depiction of certain characters trying to build a post-faction society on Cybertron.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  16. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh.

Not organic does not preclude being able to not have some other version of physical love. We, as a so far lone species in the universe, only know physical love in the ways that we are made, both gay and straight.

There are trillions of planets in this universe, so physical love can AND will mean and be in ways we cannot yet comprehend.

Annnnnnd for the record, procreation is NOT a pre-qualifer for emotional and physical, loving unions. Sorry, vehicle stickers of stick mom, dad, 2 kids, and a dog do not apply either in fiction or real life for every loving couple on this planet.

I just ... .I mean how can «anyone» read those 4 panels and HEAR what Rewind said to Chromedome and especially Rewind's last three words to Chromedome and think ... ah what a c u t e bromance? They were in love with each other. End of story.

17. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I just thought of something, and I hope it isn't the case, as it would ruin his character development, but has anyone else considered that Drift may have been Shadowplayed by Chromedome into taking full responsibility for Overlord? Chromedome might have been VERY angry with Drift for starting this whole thing(or at least continuing it for Prowl). And Chromedome specifically says to Brainstorm that he think's Drift has an urge to name names. How would Chromedome know that?

18. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    This. So much this. I'll give anyone the understanding to take CD's and Rewind's relationship however they want to. I'm not fighting that battle. But, yes they have been written as having a romantic relationship since MTMTE has started. Their interactions, Rewind's concern about Chromedown's mnemo-surgery "Addiction" (for lack of a better term), Chromedome's actions when Rewind was hurt, their dialogue written in these moments were definitely written as one lover's concern for another. Sorry, bro's do not talk like this. I am (according to our girlfriends) apparently in a bromance with my best friend and we don't talk the way Rewind and Chromedome do. Me and my girlfriend talk the way those two do.

As for, intimacy having to be a pre-requisite for love. I think the ancient Greeks would have something to say about that. They have four different words for love and each refers to a different aspect or type.
    They are:
    Agape: it often refers to a general affection or deeper sense of "true love" rather than the attraction suggested by "eros."

Eros: is passionate love, with sensual desire and longing. here's your intimate love.

Philia: means affectionate regard or friendship in both ancient and modern Greek. Here's your bro-mance

Storge: It is natural affection, like that felt by parents for offspring.

Take your pick, but I view them as having the Agape. A true love. Deep and true. Not just for a friend or relative, not based on the physical desire, but a love of two sparks that have found one another.

19. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    Interesting but unlikely. I think Chromedome blames himself for the events more than he does anyone else. He has said several times that it was his fault for not letting anyone know he was going into OVerlord's chamber. So he didn't follow the protocol. Likewise, I think he knows Drift well enough that he knew he would confess to everything in light of what happened and assumed he would name the conspirators.

Then again, I never know where James is taking these characters so this could be the result.

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Certainly! And I mean, if a couple of world-weary G1-aged humans can forge a lasting and loving relationship where sex/reproduction is not the defining nor requisite feature, then I would have to imagine a couple of eons-old alien robots could certainly form such bonds. It's not even close to as abstract as you're painting it. In fact, if you only see a strong love relationship forged in terms of children or sex, I think you should get to work on those other levels of bonding, because just those two alone won't hold it together for the duration. ;) 

Hmmm... good point. I mean, I kind of doubt it for a few reasons, not least of which whether a one-armed Chromedome could actually get the drop on someone as twitchy and dangerous as Drift. Unless he got him while Drift was still missing his legs?

On the one hand, we've seen how desperate CD was when he had to Shadowplay Prowl. On the other hand, he does seem to have an issue with restraint. Hmmm...

Interesting. I suppose it's not the least bit surprising that the Greeks would have developed an ontology for just such a subject. :) 

zmog