MTMTE #1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Mechafire, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Ultra Brevis

Ultra Brevis State-employed peace-keeping agent, yes???

Great read. Very, very excited about where these are going. Well done idw for listening. LSOTW was the way forward. I have that same buzz that I used to have every week waiting to pick up my tf fix at the lcs.

G1ers are now grown up and can handle a grown up story.

Art looks great in terms of style. Really like it. A small part of me wonders if some of the transformers are a little anorexic. Rodimus and Chromedome especially. Would like a slightly more recognizable design, but not too bothered. As I say the overall style is fabulous.

Loving the politicking, characterization and the humour.

2. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    WOW! So ... I think it's easy to write a good first issue. It's not easy to write a GREAT first issue and thats what that was! amazing, and As I'm reading it I'm thinkin g"Is this really only 22 pages?" perfect pacing.

bring on Issue 2

WOW! remember 3 years ago? Costas Issue #1? Me neither!

3. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

This was terrible. There's no pacing, no characterization, no foreshadowing without beating people over the head, every character sounds the same, I breezed through this in 5 minutes, the plot isn't making sense, the characters are random...

I mean look, someone had to say something negative about this book, even if it's not at all true ;) 
    Definitely the best thing I've read in a while, up there with the LSoTW, Ongoing #22, and 23. For once we actually got some meat in the start of a new series/arc, as well as amazing story and some world building. Looking forward to 2 books/month.

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I like colourful robots.

This comic had colourful robots.

YAY!

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was more story and characterization put into this one issue as in Costa's entire run. I loved little touches everywhere, like how Ultra Magnus saw the world. I loved the Justice League homage cover (yes, I read comics other than Transformers!) I loved how the dialog was written to fit the characters, not "Robot #1, pick a name later." And just as in LSoTW, I loved how I was made to care about characters I never cared about before, and in a single issue no less.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I literally have chills after reading this comic. Fantastic, FANTASTIC start to a promising series.

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. I need a classics Chromedome now.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This man really speaks truth!

9. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

I think the only reason that Whirl is an Autobot is because Megatron would've killed him had he seen him again, seriously this guy is messed up. oh and to the people kibitzing about the New bodies, this time it makes sense, since they are back on cybertron or at least not on earth they have dropped their earth bodies all together, How? no idea, but at least it makes sense unlike the change at the beginning of the Costa ongoing.

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I honestly couldn't care less if they chnged bodies every issue. More designs to see = more chances that some of them are amazing. No explaination needed.

11. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope RID can live up to this bad boy. Tough act to follow. I've never really read the movie comics, is Barber's writing good stuff?

12. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

He refers to the combiner as a tag team pairing maybe? I thought Duocons but there aren't any starting with A. If he meant just the combiner, perhaps Abominus (Terrorcons)?

This was an excellent issue and look forward to the series. Lots of action and humor!

13. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

You bet. He was the one who established Sentinel Prime as the awe inspiring leader of the Autobots. In Rising Storm, he did a better job of showing how the Autobots and the humans can work together than Costa has in a year.

14. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Does anybody think they will bring Kup back in this series? I hope so.

15. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Seeing as how he was taken out for the sole purpose of being fodder for a bad crossover idea, I'd say there's a very good chance he'll be back, especially since he's so closely associated with Rodimus and company.

16. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

If he comes back, I hope it'll be when we least expect it.

17. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Me too.

18. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ad for next issue mentions something about a once thought dead transformer. Could be Kup? Curious who it is either way

19. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I'm really interested in where this story is going. Are any of the bots that fell out still alive? What's so significant about this planet? Was Cyclonus caught in the warp with them? I'm sure we'll find out as the series progresses.

20. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Once thought dead Autobot. So yeah, Kup? Or Outback? Nightbeat? Grimlock? (Not dead, I know, but you could make a case.) Dealer? (Never outright joined the 'cons and while dead dead -- this is comics, characters have come back from worse) Leadfoot? Manta Ray? Drench? Any of the dozens of bots that were sent to rescue Kup only to be killed by him in his Spotlight?

Knowing James, there's just as good a chance its someone we haven't seen in IDW yet that, all the same, has supposedly already been dead a long, long time. Eager to find out who.