MS Toys MS-01 (MP Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jun 9, 2018.

1. DataLore

DataLore Well-Known Member

TF Direct could have shipped an empty envelope to the some fake address and the same thing would have happened. One way or another, this dude got screwed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Yea it really sucks the dude got jiped out of his figure. It also sucks the dude spent so much time CSIing it and didn't get any money back from it. The dude did some columbo level research.

Just remembered something the last time I ordered from them, they packed a badcube minibot, one of the MFT dinobots and Papatoys Hot Rod into one of those envelop things and the box of my minibot got smashed to shit like someone stepped on it. Luckily it wasn't damaged.

• Like Like x 1
  3. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Ok, ordered mine from TCP. Hopefully the Zeta Skydive I ordered to get free shipping doesn't hold my order up forever. Looking forward to upgrading my Prime.

4. OmegaPrime71

OmegaPrime71 To collect or not to collect?.....collect, always

Picked mine up the other day from TCP. Gotta say it's pretty great! It has a much better presence than my MP-10.

Though I won't be transforming mine. That's what MP-10 is for now, staying in that lovely truck mode with the trailer.

So glad that Magic Square put this out. Wasn't up for dropping $400 for the Takara one

Also, for those looking to cover the inside of the windshield, I got a nice result with painters tape. Cheap, easy to cut into right size and looks pretty good, especially from a distance

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Guapisimo

Guapisimo Goldmember

B28CCC0C-5AC4-468A-A9F4-1755F0A1FBB6.jpeg
    I know episode animation may vary but why do I keep hearing that the gray stripe is not “toon accurate”?

• Like Like x 8
  6. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

It was always like that in the animation. Some times he had it, other times he didn't. But in general, he didn't have it most of the time !!
    When I think about cartoon accuracy, I would say that screenshot is one of a few shots where his headlights are red and not the standard white square that I want on my "cartoon accurate" MP Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    LOL...

Since the dawn of MP, from "G1 Accurate", we have evolved into "Toy Accurate" and "Toon Accurate"....

There are more definitions down the road:

"Opening Accurate"
    "Season 1 Accurate"
    "Episode 1 Accurate"
    "Episode 1 First Half Accurate"
    "Episode X 15m:20s Accurate"
    "Episode X 3245th Frame Accurate"...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 18
  8. keef

keef Cesium salami

Yeah, there's really no right or wrong in many cases due to how much the animation varied. Heck, even Prime's head and face shape varied wildly. For cartoon inconsistencies such as the stripes, I like to refer to the toy (that the cartoon was based on of course) and it had the stripes, so having stripes is canon in my head.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ArrowHead

ArrowHead Well-Known Member

In a previous venture, I did a ton of shipping. The reality is, USPS is a contractor the seller chose to employ. If USPS screws up, the final burden STILL lies on the store, not USPS. In fact, it's on the shipper to file a claim, NOT the recipient. And if the shipper chooses not to insure their package, it's again on them to eat it.

If they offer anything less than a replacement or refund, they're a poor seller, period. Never once did I leave a customer hanging like that. Full refund, get as much info from the buyer as possible, then file a USPS claim myself. If the claim is denied, I just write off the refund/replacement on my schedule C. Making excuses for a business that does any less than that is simply justifying giving up your rights and power as a consumer. I don't blame him for never wanting to buy from them again. I certainly won't, after seeing how they handled the situation. Just making the buyer do the legwork with USPS instead of handling it themselves is terrible service, and definitely not best practice for a business that ships regularly. Screw them.

• Like Like x 6
  10. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    In the "good news" category, the MS-01 I ordered from baba just before CNY arrived today. Haven't opened yet but that was probably the fastest I've received anything from China. 9 days shipped to delivered, and right in the midst of CNY week too!

Gotta love good old reliable baba!

• Like Like x 2
  11. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Finally got around to opening up ms-01.

Wow..what an awesome figure.

• Like Like x 7
  12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I never minded the stripes, but something about them being on his under arms just bothers me. If they were on his usual side placement, I couldn't have cared less. I'm curious if anyone has corrected it.

13. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Has anyone actually try to remove the grey stripe in alt mode?

14. eskrimcone

eskrimcone A Wooble Maker

fiufhhh... me finally got it from my local seller...
    its great OP, very poseable, and really nice scale with Siege and HS 02

IMG_20190212_110147.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

You could strip the grey off but the whole figure has a very subtle metallic paint finish on the red so you would ruin that

• Like Like x 1
  16. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loving this guy. A few subtle adjustments make him very nicely toon accurate and make him really pop. I do notice the windshields don't want to stay in place. They seem a little loose. Not sure if I have them in the wrong way around or something.
    IMG_0705.JPG

He looks really good in a nice cartoon crew. Still a few works in progress there but I'm really liking the effect.
    IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  17. dickenz

dickenz PREDAK1NG

News Credits:
    Your window decals look really good. How did you do them?

18. Magnus Deacon

Magnus Deacon Demonic Prime

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Don't worry, the windshields can only go in one specific way. They are a bit loose but they'll stay in place just fine.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rewind

Rewind Giant Memory Stick

News Credits:
    I'm actually considering gluing my windshield pieces in place because they become unseated and so easily when I bump them during transformation and posing. I don't ever plan to install the battle damage parts.

• Like Like x 3
  20. chaosMonkeyPoo

chaosMonkeyPoo Well-Known Member

So are people just modifying the MP-10 toon window stickers to fit this or did someone actually make a set specifically to fit this guy? I just ordered mine yesterday so I suppose I should probably get in on whatever my window solution is going to be before it gets here.

• Like Like x 1