MS Toys MS-01 (MP Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jun 9, 2018.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Did you speak with a Paypal Rep, or just went through via e-mail? You can try calling them directly. Maybe you can still get your money or a portion of it back. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  2. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Did you pay with a credit card? Dispute the charge with your card directly if so.

• Like Like x 2
  3. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    I also got an envelope with jewelery from some ebay seller years ago. When I bought a FT Sever. I finally got my money back from Paypal. It took a lot of effort though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I find it really hard to believe that TF-direct would scam you like that.
    Never in my years of buying from TF-direct have I ever had any problems from them.
    Somewhere in transit, your parcel has been swapped, misplaced or even the driver could have dropped off your parcel to the wrong address.
    Happens alot !!
    Even the details from the transport company may be wrong. Who knows !!
    I don't doubt that you didn't get your parcel. But I don't believe TF-direct are in the business to scam people. They are legit as they come so it seems something doesn't add up !!
    Glad you ended up with your figure though. But really sad about your poor experience with the only place I shop at these days.

• Like Like x 4
  5. DataLore

DataLore Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up about TF Direct. They wont be getting my money.

You have my sympathies, by the way. One of the crappy things about this hobby is the high number of scammers. I would expect better from TF Direct.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

I know, right? This is part what the supervisor sent me (blacked out my zipcode).
    76D52D39-80BE-461C-B68D-D89B38B04559.jpeg
    A97DCA85-D478-4ADC-AEB8-303DA6FA85E5.jpeg 19BDEDB5-6E40-4337-9DCC-2057A97EBF1B.jpeg
    *Also spent way too many hours on the phone talking to this supervisor about this.

7. Pichomp

PayPal was linked to my bank/debit , they say “no”. Now I know to use regular credit card.

It was handled via email. I’ll call them and see what they say. Thanks.

The USPS driver himself said that it was definitely a small envelope type packet. He didn’t deliver too many things from China that day.
    TF-Direct gets so many positive responses from people that I find it hard to believe as well. Could have happened in Customs or maybe a scumbag of delivery guy. Who knows? All I know is that I’m out $110 and this experience has me feeling nervous about ordering from TF-Direct again. It only takes being burnt once for me to learn not to touch the flame.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. noisetrigger

noisetrigger Well-Known Member

Finally got my Transformers shelf arranged. Here is my small collection.

F3F101B2-24E9-43B7-99D8-9D29473E2DC6.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  9. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Active Member

Fine it was delivered but how about filing a claim for purchased item not as described/received? I didn't read your initial post about it but clearly with the evidence of the envelope and 0 lb weight, that's enough proof it wasn't what you ordered. Try claiming that through your bank.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Pichomp

Didn’t think of that. I go to my bank in person and see what they can do if talking directly to PayPal fails. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. col

col Artobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool mix of Masterpiece and Generations figures.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Use my third party

if USPS fucked up and delivered to the wrong place it's not tf-direct problem it's USPS. The package weight is irrelevant as they didn't deliver to you in the first place. Paypal is totally right to decline the dispute. USPS are the ones that need accountability. tf-direct "scamming" is total hearsay as USPS can easily fuck up package weight just like they fuck up everything else

• Like Like x 3
  13. Deadpool1287

Deadpool1287 Well-Known Member

Well. Guess I'm never buying from there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pichomp

Let me be very clear. I do not know where the issue occurred. Customs could have messed up and mislabeled the packages. USPS driver could be inept or a thief. The label scanned shows that package was not what I ordered (or even what TF-Direct may have shipped). Who knows?
    I know my packages from ShowZstore arrived with little issue, and my MS-01 from The Chosen Prime arrived without incident.

For all I know, TF-Direct may have done nothing wrong. All I know, is that I ordered an item from them, the item never reached me, and according to the USPS the item, that was addressed to me (yet misdelivered), is in no way an MS-01 (unless some serious mass shifting is happening). My $110 is now in the wind.

I am currently trying other avenues to recover my money. But whether I get the refund or (most likely) not, this incident happened when I ordered from TF-Direct. It has left a bad taste in my mouth. I will not be ordering from them again.

It’s like getting food poisoning from a Pizza place. Once it happens, you never want to order food from that place again. Many other people order from that place and are apparently okay. But some are not so lucky and it colors their experience.

On a more positive note, I am really enjoying my MS-01 from TCP. Once I have a proper shelf for him... This photo will have to do for now.
    78F954E2-C682-4C80-BE7A-31E561592E88.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

Transfomed to Truck at last. Impressed... however the forarm flap snapped. Dropped TFS-Express a message. Hopefully they'll sort a replacement part.
    _DSC1763.jpg _DSC1764.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Well-Known Member

Yikes! This is the second instance of snapped arm parts on this guy I've seen in the past few days. Looks like a lot of care is needed in transforming him. I haven't had an issue yet, having transformed him about 3-4 times, but I can see how some areas could be susceptible to damage.

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Really really loving this guy.

Only complaints are that I wish his blaster was a bit smaller and I still have the silver stripe on the forearms.

18. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the post office f'cked up. Haven't had a single bad transaction with TF-Direct.

They couldn't be bothered to deliver his product to the correct address. How does he know they did anything else properly such as weigh and document it? Don't have it on hand but I believe MS-01 might have come in a smallish box. It's not inconceivable that it would be shipped in a shipping envelop. I vaguely remember getting Papatoys rodimus and a couple MFT dinobots.

19. BlankMan

BlankMan Active Member

Man, that's terrible. It be nice if you could show tf direct all of your findings and they would give you some kind of retention credit for all your troubles.

20. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Nice collection! :)