MS Toys MS-01 (MP Optimus Prime)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jun 9, 2018.

1. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    Sell your MP-10... buy MS-01, and then roll the leftover $$ into another purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Use my third party

do it he looks amazeballs better in hand than in pictures.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Deadpool1287

Deadpool1287 Well-Known Member

Not a terrible idea. Though MP-10 does possess a lot of sentimental value.

• Like Like x 1
  4. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Torn between this and TE. May just get them both.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Two different figures doing two different things. If you can afford both, I recommend getting both.

• Like Like x 2
  6. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    did anyone find a way or create a piece/adapter for his truck mode so that you can plug mp10 trailer in it? seems like an adapter could be made but I have 0 talent or skill in 3d modeling.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I want to afford both.

I just want Double Evil more.

8. Guapisimo

Guapisimo Goldmember

I’ve always wanted to display my MP-10 in alt mode. MS-01 is my bot mode and MP-10 is now my truck. I really like the TE version too. I think I’m going to have to get both versions. The engineering on TE-01 is pretty fascinating.

9. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

Get both, sell the one that impresses you less.

10. MasterPogee1980

MasterPogee1980 Active Member

Replaced the windshield tint with silver, much better than the green tint i used last time P_20190208_025149_vHDR_On_HP.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  11. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I got the same head that iGear made for MP-1, with the "anime" antennas, and I like it so much more. I almost never use the original head for MP-1.
    So yeah, that'd be really cool to me. I'd guess someone else would have to make it, and I certainly haven't heard from iGear in a long while.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

Any video transformation guide recommendations? I've been waiting for Emgo's JTI want to get it into Truck mode this weekend. Cheers

13. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Believe it or not, Bobby "Ham Hands" Skullface. In his review he actually goes in the order that I've found works best.

• Like Like x 4
  14. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Same here, I was able to do it without issue from memory of watching his.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Yep, Bold forms Gladius !!

@rob_charb is kinda right in implying you shouldn't buy it. Out of the box it is very QC ridden.

For me personally, I don't mind colustomizing and fixing up figures so it wasn't such a big issue for me.
    But I had to have him. Best concept Megatron ever !!
    He's pretty stable now and makes for a good display piece. Don't transform my figures much so he does just fine on the shelf.
    Great looking piece, it's sad though. Its got so much articulation and extra accessories, 3 modes that too bad the quality wasn't up to par, or it would've been the figure of 2018 for me !!

• Like Like x 1
  16. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm going to chat with a friend and see if he'll design something we can use.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ashpolt

Ashpolt Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    It really depends on what you want for your collection, as obviously MS-01 is vastly more toon-y than MP-10. But if the toon look is what you want, or at least won't look massively out of place in your collection, I'd say that MS-01 is confidently a better toy than MP-10 in just about every regard. Better articulation, better proportions, a somewhat more clever transformation, the legs actually stay tabbed together in alt mode (;) )....MS-01 is a damn great toy and I don't think you would regret buying him.

I've got both, and if you can afford it, I totally recommend it. As PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks said, they both do different things and can fill different niches in your collection. MS-01 is really fun to fiddle with and has amazing articulation, while TE-01 looks super toon accurate in both modes, feels more premium (though MS-01 is no slouch there either - don't let the let of diecast put you off him) and has a transformation that really pleasantly surprised me (MS-01 is quite straightforward, TE-01 is definitely more complex, but also has a number of "wow!" moments.)

So yep, I totally recommend both. And after you've bought both, you can buy another 3P MP, and still have spent less than if you bought MP-44. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

PayPayl finally got back to me tonight and my dispute with TF-Direct ended. PayPal sided with TF-Direct.

The USPS misdelivered and lost my package which was supposed to be a 2lb box with MS-01 inside of it. The USPS has it in their records that it was a small envelope (like for jewelry) weighing 0 grams. The USPS supervisor confirmed all this and wrote me an official letter stating so. She also provided me with the package details and which says they have GPS coordinates showing the misdelivery. So some small packet full of scammer crap was misdelivered and I lost $110 in this nonsense. PayPal sided with TF-Direct. Looking at the letter and screenshots from the USPS, or better yet, actually contacting the USPS would have confirmed my story. But apparently, that is not what PayPal does. They look at a tracking number that still says delivered and says Case Closed. I’m so worn out by this two week ordeal, but I had a feeling it was going to go this way. I’m done ordering from TF-Direct.

Two days ago, I took next months “Transformer” budget and ordered MS-01 from The Chosen Prime instead. That one arrived tonight. I really like it. The fingers on his right hand are loose, but I can deal with that. What I can’t deal with is the loss of the $110 to TF-Direct.:( :mad: :( :mad: :( 

• Like Like x 6
  19. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Megatron Lover

:eek: 

20. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Why would TF-Direct do this? Aren't they a reputable store? Something is not adding up.

• Like Like x 1