MS-Toys legend scale not Menasor / Stunticons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 21, 2017.

1. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i am seeing things that are saying that menasor is 150 alone...lol

i really hope MS doesnt shoot themselves in the foot like this. at that price i might just pick up the dx9 set.

2. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    yes, it's ironic how high the horses are when some ppl call fowl on KOs. yet they have no issues with buying and supporting unlicensed third party figures.

and has there been proof that these KOs involved theft of intellectual property? MFT has produced quite a few KOs, so are all these stolen files or reverse engineered?

and like some have voiced, if an original 3rd party release is priced beyond my budget, then they wouldn't have gotten my money anyway. so i don't see a problem with KOs existing and me purchasing them instead.
    if a KO choice isn't there and the option never presents itself, then i'm shiate out of luck in getting that figure, and the 3rd party is also with not getting my money. i don't think it's much different than two competing 3rd party companies releasing the same character. if i like MS over NA, or NA over MS and there's a price difference in play there. either someone gets my money, or no one does. competition keeps companies on their toes with how they price their margins for sales, instead of it being a monopoly where only the company stands to gain as there's no one else to buy from.

and all this argument if the price is too high, well that's because we have our own criteria we are judging this on and these are mine.
    1. how committed are you in collecting legend scale? if that's your one and only calling then maybe dropping $150-250 is no problem, as you don't see collecting the same figure in another scale is an option and you're all in for legend. i'm primarily legend, but will dabble in other scales depending if something peaks my interest and the price is right for me, which leads me to…
    2. how committed you are in the hobby itself and what type of budget do you allocate for it. i'm trying to keep it casual, i don't want to go nuts in this hobby. i judge how much i want a particular figure personally and what's it worth to me in enjoyment. and this leads to…
    3. how much you like a particular character or figure. personally i have no nostalgic connection with this figure. however i've bought figures that i have no clue who they are just because i liked what i saw. but to be honest, i find this combiner character weak compared to other ones because all the bots just slap on to arm and leg parts, instead of actually real integration in forming those limbs structurally. so menasor to me is a pretty shiaty bot. that being said, a combiner is still a combiner, and that's just cool factor that attracts a lot of us, no matter what. also i think it's cool that MS put all this effort to making this a combiner that can be customized to the look you want, and that definitely peaked my interest. but a strike against that is the fact they are only offering these parts as pre-order. and that's huge for me as i don't commit to buying without more extensive details on how good it looks in bot, alt and combined, how good the engineering is, play-ability, etc. which means the product is almost at production and in reviewers hands. so not likely gonna get the customized parts. :( 
    so i'm here to discuss merits and hear others opinions to expand on mine. but i'm not here to try to convince you that MS charging $150 is too much for motormaster, or you to convince me otherwise. ppl need to stop taking it so personal and responding to others with such conviction that they are so right while others are so wrong. we're discussing toys for gawd sake. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ultra Magnum

Ultra Magnum ...will score you out of 10!

I'm pretty sure that's what a KO is by definition, isn't it?

On a lighter note, 3Ps I think have an air of smugness over KO's.

And KO's have a habit of lording it over official releases.

Like a chain of smugness...

meg 11.jpg meg 21.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    definition, yes. but that's a generic term used to reference the act of making a copy in a bad connotation. just because western culture has deemed it something unacceptable, mostly to monetize it in a capitalistic sense. for the chinese culture, it's normal practice. and i'm not trying to say i condone it, but that's the fact. culturally it seems acceptable and is tolerated.

and how do you really know they have been stolen or reverse engineered? has there been any public accusations? maybe the designs were sold by MS to companies like MFT. and if the companies involved aren't making a stink about it with the respective rivals, why are we so bothered by it? i'm only asking these questions out of curiosity.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Charlock

Charlock You're no icon.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Short of hearing it straight from the horse's mouth, it's all just speculation. I'm inclined to believe what you've stated above is the more likely scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

That's a lot of words for "I like to pay less for KOs". I don't care what people do, I have a little extra to afford official MS releases and I like them. KOs purchased as needed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew a KO discussion would surface after that TF Source announcement. :)  It has been this way ever since

8. thatvylen

thatvylen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The dark ages of just bowing to Hasbro and takara, seems like we have an official rider

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 8
  10. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Have we seen final pics? What’d I miss?

11. Charlock

Charlock You're no icon.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Some colored renders and it sounds like MST may have sent retailers some new information around the sets, as they've all been relisted as two packs, with the exception of Motormaster.

12. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder how much of this price is due to the fact it took like two + (more?) years to develop?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Well they need to recoup their losses from all the repaints that don't sell.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

127.99$ from showz for MM, that's still pretty high in my opinion. Plus probably $120 in limb bots so $250 total.

I'm definitely in but just maybe not for 2 sets now.

• Like Like x 2
  15. hemill

hemill Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aw geez, I already got Fansproject, TFM and Fanstoys Menasor.

18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yep. I'm out at that price.
    It's a very nice set. But that's a hardcore legends scale collectors only price.
    I'm into G1 legends scale for the occasional fun repaint.
    At over 200 euros a possible G2 deco isn't just a fun little toy with a quirky deco anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That pricing is a bummer. I can understand what contributes to the price for Motormaster (sort of). But I just can't force myself to pay more for a legends version than the XTB MM. It's just too strange.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mean you could wait until XTB releases their trailer... y'know, assuming they ever actually do, and then bundle its price in with their Motormaster. Then you won't be paying as much for MST's as for XTB's :p