MS-Toys legend scale not Menasor / Stunticons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 21, 2017.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Just note that not everybody has the option to go on Taobao, for one reason or another. Though people should shop where they are comfortable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Charlock

Charlock Well-Honed Blender

Got notified by ShowZ last night that my single pre-orders would be cancelled, as MST has notified them that Breakdown & Wildrider and Dragstrip & Deadend will be available in two-packs, respectively. I went ahead and re-pre-ordered both sets, but I am a little concerned with the price speculation around Motormaster.

3. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

4. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    I feel like a lot of yall are being a little unfair about the price. For one, the figure is taller than mp44. It's massive for a legends scale figure. I'd estimate that 150 is a pretty fair price for what all is involved with Motormaster and the trailer that turns into most of Menasor

But doesn't TFSource always have the price of things way higher than anyone else anyway? So it'll probably be possible to get the figure for much less anyway right? Or am I just stupid

• Like Like x 2
  5. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

and what phase is that??? and what would we be returning to???

• Like Like x 6
  6. Charlock

Definitely right on TFSource's pricing. It's very likely inflated, as is their M.O. And I agree that Motormaster, given what he will come with and how much of the combiner he and his accessories will comprise, should be priced higher than the other members of the team, but $150 is a pretty significant jump.

Using the Hot Soldiers Sky Pillar (Optimus Prime) as an example of a Legends(+) figure that comes with a lot of accessories, including a trailer, I was expecting a price point around $50 USD, or so. Granted, he's not part of a combiner, but I still think it's a pretty fair comparison. Then again, if you want a combiner to compare to, look at Iron Factory's War Giant (or his much more reasonably priced Pocket Toys KO). I would argue that he's just as, if not more intricate that MST Menasor and none of his component sets are priced as high as MST Motormaster. In fact, you can still pick the entire set up for less than $150 USD.

7. Charlock

It's better to just not engage.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

I simply do not see the need to use it.
    Looked over it, after buying, extra fee + shipping, a legends figure cost about the same as on aliexpress.
    The international version of the same group that runs taobao

9. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Prices are subjective to people's location and where they buy.

• Like Like x 7
  10. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

and why is that???

• Like Like x 1
  11. Charlock

Just a personal preference, of course, but I tend to avoid encouraging conversations around people who post in Legends threads, just to crap on Legends, as a whole. I mean, you're free to do whatever you like, but to me it's a bit of a wasted effort.

• Like Like x 6
  12. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

but trolls need to be sent back to their caves, otherwise they'll keep coming back and shiating where you eat. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

Magic Square Legends Megatron is ~$60, their Legends Prime is ~$55. Their Motormaster + trailer/Menasor torso is considerably bigger than Megatron and is considerably more complex (engineering-wise) than either of those two - even if Motormaster himself is on par with Megatron and Prime, the trailer is like another whole robot on top of that.

Like... what price could he possibly have been expected to be? $30, like Huffer?

• Like Like x 5
  14. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

for me $80-100 would be reasonable, up to about $120 is pushing it. anything more is just too much in my books for motomaster. i got both MS meg and prime for combined total of around $100. hopefully when i get meg in hand it will be a positive experience, but i'm not feeling MS too much lately.

• Like Like x 4
  15. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

Basically this is an MP Bot that transforms into a trailer and comes with a high quality legends bot. The MP Bot will also allow four other legenda bots to clip on while also having a few different configurations so folks don't have to buy the whole thing a couple different times to get everything they want.

$150 sounds like a fair price.

• Like Like x 4
  16. gundam8864

gundam8864 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agree, is useless to engage conversation with the trolls. They just like to bash things that they're not interested.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Charlock

$50 USD may have been a bit on the low side, as far as estimating reasonable cost, especially considering this is MST. Still, $150 is pretty absurd. This isn't an MP toy (not that I'd consider buying any MP figure a "good deal") and this isn't Iron Factory (I only say this, as they are usually considered the "high end" of Legends toys). At most, I'd say MAYBE $80 USD. Even then, that's pretty cringe-inducing.

There's just no precedent for that price point, even among MST's other Legends figures.

I have him pre-ordered, but the final price reveal will determine if he gets picked up right away, like the rest of the team, or if I hold off and pick him up later, after I've edited my toy budget a little.

18. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

i think that amount of money i've spent in the last 6 months on toys, especially during the pandemic is absurd! :rolleyes:  but i still have enough sense to not let MS take it to the next level with me! at least i hope so for now, but who knows how much longer i can keep my sanity given how things are going!!!
    :lolol 

btw, since you brought it up, i also think IF secondary market resale is absurd! :wtf: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

When you say it like that... this is the Transformers Energon Optimus Prime, isn't it?

20. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    150 eh? Well that is the TFsource listing and they always overprice their products a lot compared to other vendors. Maybe we can compare the complete price for the five figures with other 3P legends combiners like the Iron Factory one's (especially bruticus) and maybe DX9's devastator. But I think the price will inevitably come down to how engineered the trailer is.