MS-Toys legend scale not Menasor / Stunticons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Wh1tebase

Wh1tebase Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Ahhh I see, so it'll just be the paired Stunticons and motormaster just shipped together.

Thanks! I hope it'll still include the bonus parts

2. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Wallet prepare for devastation

News Credits:
    Finally had a chance to get him out of the box, he looks great, transformation of motormaster is great only issue I had was getting the wheel sections to tab into the back panel right but got it in the end. The trailer I did not enjoy the instructions had me confused in places and one of the combiner feet has black paint splatter on it, apart from that all looks great. Can't wait for the rest of the team to arrive.
    IMG_20210527_125902.jpg IMG_20210527_131030.jpg IMG_20210527_131145.jpg IMG_20210527_133719.jpg IMG_20210527_134953.jpg IMG_20210527_135103.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  3. couchomatic

couchomatic Member

I just got dead end and dragstrip in today. I don't know if it's just the high expectations from the first 3 figures, but the quality of these two are not up to par with the first 3 figures. I had a lot of difficulty tabbing the center silver piece of dragstrip into race car mode, ended up having to take an exacto knife to slightly make the slots wider. Dead end however was a disaster. Figure came in with the tabs connecting the hood in car mode unable to be tabbed in. Had to shave down the slots to make the tab fit. The worse part was the tabs at the top of the car which were both way too thick for the slots. The car kept splitting in half because the tabs wouldn't stay in the slots. Already started slowly working on widening the slots. Has anyone else had this kind of issue with Dead end most especially? Were you able to find another way to make the tabs stick?

• Like Like x 2
  4. couchomatic

couchomatic Member

Keep in mind after combining him, all was forgiven

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  5. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

not many of us have the last two yet. most of us are here in the states or across the pond so we cant really chime in yet. but give it a fewdays and hopefully they will start coming in.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    The trailer is the first time I struggled with NA instructions - just couldn't make sense of the pictures. Did it on my own back and forth a few times and it's confusing at first but makes sense now.

Edit: MST instructions

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Creedog

Creedog Well-Known Member

it would have been easier if you had used the MST instructions instead

• Like Like x 11
  8. Stardiver

Stardiver Moist for Hoist

Is there no way to tab the back half of MM to the front bit that's fixed in Menasor's chest when combined? It seems his waist down just sorta sits there on the ab joint, can't be good for it long term.

Maybe it's just me not checking instructions properly, cos once I got him in hand I found I didn't really need them for the most part. But the two halves of MM not fastening together for combined mode seems weird.

9. Huub

Huub G1 - Magic Square nerd

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No other way unfortunately.
    Oh yeah, check this out:

10. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

No, you did everything correctly, he just sort of hangs there. Given the excellence of design on the rest of this set, this particular design decision (or oversight) seems really weird.

@NOCV In addition to the back-filler set that you're making, would you consider doing some kind of a strut/hook/etc to securely attach Motormaster's two halves when he's plugged into Menasor?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stardiver

Stardiver Moist for Hoist

Yeah that is real weird considering. Hopefully doesn't cause problems for the joint long-term. It's fairly light so maybe they figured it wouldn't be a problem.

Oh well, least I did it right :lol  cheers guys

12. Autobrat Leader

News Credits:
    No. NA is my favorite so I only use theirs. Their instruction manuals are more in scale and have less kibble.

Also, I'm a dipshit.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Creedog

Creedog Well-Known Member

lol! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I couldn't get the tabs into the slots.
    I might have to widen the slots.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Huub

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I could tell by your NA preference :D 

• Like Like x 2
  16. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

it was easier for me to just tab them individually. but after the first 2 tabbings it isnt a problem now.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autobrat Leader

News Credits:
    no.gif

• Like Like x 6
  18. Ashpolt

Ashpolt Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I got Dead End and Drag Strip in today, and my Drag Strip is great, but whoever did the QA on Dead End clocked off early that day! As Couchomatic already said, the tabs on the roof are bigger than the slots they need to go into - I managed to brute force it, but it wasn't a fun experience, and it's really difficult to not have the roof "indented" because there's nothing underneath it, so the feet push downwards really easily.

Worse than that though, there's no end-cap on one of the leg slider joints, so every time I transform him, the side of one of the legs just comes off in my hand. It's tabbed in by other pieces in both modes, and I think I can probably fix it myself with a small screw, but it's still pretty annoying.

Oh, and the "knee" pieces don't have any tabs in robot mode, they're just held in place by friction. One is fine, but the other (for me at least) is quite loose. No idea why there isn't a tab there tbh!

Oh, and also also, his ankle tilts are weak as hell - again, they're fine if he's just standing there, as gravity keeps them in whatever position you put them in, but they're really floppy when you're manoeuvering them.

But he looks great, and as with Couchomatic, I'm sure that all will be forgiven once they're in combined mode!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Huub

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Judging by all the videos on the last duo, my thoughts were, damn the leg transformation on Deadend looks floppy. Guessing this will be the case on most, if not all Deadends. Should be quite easy to fix, by adding more friction, one way or the other, but it seems like it's a design flaw.
    Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but it really seems that way.

• Like Like x 2
  20. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    tenor.gif

• Like Like x 9