MS-Toys legend scale not Menasor / Stunticons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 21, 2017.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    But those people would be knuckleheads because it's G1 accurate, especially to the toy version of Menasor. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

Some people ar so picky when it comes to these, they just should start making their own designs and produce them.
    I am very happy with what I have in my collection and if some are not that perfect, so be it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jadis

Jadis Well-Known Member

I just got done transforming Motormaster's trailer into Menasor (sans Dragstrip and Deadend on the arms). Holy crap this is cleverly engineered - solid and tight, and not overly complex that it isn't fun. There is no way the arms will be floppy or anything once Dragstrip and Deadend are added. The hands/fingers are well jointed - tight and poseable. The fact that you can easily convert it into the toy version (easily) is gravy. Love the size and cartoon accurate appearance.

It's gotta be the best Magic Square figure made to date! I haven't been this pleased with a transformer figure in quite some time and I'm a 44 year old man geez.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Huub

Huub G1 - Magic Square nerd

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Totally agree :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Destron1

Destron1 dalianjj's new account.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't wait for Overlord to come in. Together with MFT Dinobots and Omega Supreme:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  6. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, but was is worth that terrible, terrible price that people are still freaking out about?

(this is a rhetorical question; my Motormaster landed in Australia yesterday...)

7. Jadis

Jadis Well-Known Member

It's better than $400 Takara Masterpieces! I stopped buying those ages ago.

• Like Like x 3
  8. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What’s the plastic quality on this figure. Feel more like their Shockwave or the older plastic? Better question being does it suffer from Shockwave’s QC issues?

9. Jadis

Jadis Well-Known Member

I don't have MS Shockwave (gonna get NA version). The plastic is the harder variety like the first two cars Wildrider and Breakdown. It isn't as soft or high in nylon content as older MS figures like Prime or Cyclonus. But it isn't overly matte or chalklike in texture like those figures either. I didn't ever feel like it was fragile at all. The seems seal via pegs like many of the MS figures, that feels durable and tight and all ligned up.

It's not as good feeling as the smooth plastic on Newage figures like Megatron or Starscream.

10. Huub

Huub G1 - Magic Square nerd

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Guess it's the same as the first Stunticons duo .

11. Galdelico

Galdelico Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    Paid for one set, for now. I'm going for a double display configuration, but I don't need two sets of preorder bonuses so I'll get the additional arms once there's no risk of stealing the extras to anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    93089194a4c27d1e825001740cd5ad6edcc438c6.jpg d6b8b6ec08fa513d89dc566e2a6d55fbb3fbd9c7.jpg 963ea5de9c82d158eaf36301970a19d8bd3e42c7.jpg
    1b5722a85edf8db1d75e46d41e23dd54574e74c0.jpg c036b78b87d6277f0a6308883f381f30e824fcc0.jpg

Don't ask me how he got scramble-city-ed. I'm not sure myself.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
  13. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I ordered mine from TCP on 5/2 and 5/3. Both packages showed up yesterday (5/6), which was a nice surprise!

I already have MS's Red Alert, so the two leg boys weren't much of a surprise in engineering. Don't get me wrong, they're both excellent, I just knew what I was getting into.

Motormaster and trailer, though. Great googly moogly, the shape-shifting is INSANE. Had some trouble getting panels flush when transforming the trailer back to "box on wheels" mode, but the number of moving parts is crazy, and it's simply insane how the Menasor skeleton comes out of it. I'm having a lot of trouble getting the leg cars to attach, though. I know the tabs are unique for each leg, so I know they're only supposed to fit one way, but I can't get them to fit ANY way, like the tabs are too big or something. The panels they tab onto, also, tend to push in when I try to attach a car. Hoping I'm just doing something wrong. Anyone got any tips for this?

Edit: Oh yeah! I was scared that I might have gotten the "second batch" Wildrider and Breakdown without the extra thigh and foot pieces, but nope! I got all the bits! Woohoo!

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Creedog

Creedog Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. So beautiful.

16. Stardiver

Stardiver Toy enjoyer

Paid off Showz for the last two, haven't had MM yet :lol  Pretty cool to have this set all wrapped up in such a short time span. Will.be ballin' on the shelf.

Now MS, crack on with Devy and show us some Combaticons!

17. Jadis

Jadis Well-Known Member

I am able to attach the cars in either direction: nose up or nose down.

Regarding tabbing the cars onto the leg panels: I found it easiest to unfold one half of the leg panels and attach a car first. In this way, the car is being attached perpendicular to the back of the leg and you can apply pressure from underneath the panel.

Then, with the car now attached to that panel fold it back down on the leg. This avoids the issue of trying to press the car down onto the leg and having the panel get pushed in and thus not being able to behave as a firm mounting surface.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Not quite true: you can remove the "front" toe parts and put them on the back, for the cars-in-front option! I have the add-ons put on for the cars-in-front mode, and the default toes are making some very big heels. Very nice to have options, but if you miss the add-ons, you're not 100% out of luck.

I wanna see an Autobot team next, just to level the playing field. ;)  But yeah, I'd love to see some Combaticons! I have Iron Factory's Bruticus, so I dunno if I'd buy another set, but I absolutely would love to at least see it happen. I really like Iron Factory, but they don't blow me away like Magic Square tends to.

Thanks! I'll definitely try it that way. I can slide my pinky behind the panels to hold them in place as well, but I have skinny fingers and that may not be an option for some people.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Stardiver

Stardiver Toy enjoyer

I'd be keen to see some bot combiners too, but I've sworn to only getting MP bots so it'd be very painful watching legends ones come and go :lol  Not sure I'd have the strength to resist!

Combaticons are the ones I'm most keen to see. Had the RiD set when I was much younger and just love their designs.

20. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

Just messaged them an hr or so ago asking when they would start shipping him.