MPU-01 3rd party Thrust

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Goosfraba, May 24, 2024.

1. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    10 years ago… definitely. 5 years ago… probably… but now as I’m creeping closer and closer to the big 5-0 every day, and my doctor just added two more daily meds to my repertoire, I’m feeling less and less enthused about transformers. Lol

• Like Like x 5
  2. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Now that's a horrible side effect! Were you warned of this up front? I'd tell your doctor that these meds aren't working! More plastic crack prescribed please.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Abigail Barajas

Abigail Barajas LilithHam

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    OMG!!!!!!! IT LOOKS SO NICE
    Ive never had the cone heads before I might get this!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  4. TFDIRECT

TFDIRECT TFDIRECT

5. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

The mixed gray and black colors, the fact the kneepads don't go high up enough, and the backs don't look as clean as I may want are all strike against.

conehead backs.png conehhead backs 03.jpeg

conehead backs02.png

But on the plus side, this trio is real and is starting to release soon, the colors look better than the Make Toys, they finally got the wings on the legs so they don't look as "odd" as the other versions out there, and it seems they could well be under $100 shipped.

I will admit to picturing the Coneheads as taller than the main trio of Seekers, but looking above I can't remind myself why I think that. While I was really hoping Star Toys would give the Coneheads a shot, I cannot criticize fans who like these looks and want to give them a shot. Deformation Space also look awful from behind and I do think that MP-52 just oozes with Starscream whenever I see him. I'm sure Fans Toys or XTB will one day make some really cool Seekers and then years later make some good Coneheads. Just not sure I'll live long enough to appreciate them.

If you like them, you may get a good 5 or 6 years of them as placeholders until something better comes along.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Yeah I hope they do the all gray version. If so, I'm all in. This murders the Maketoys versions.

7. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

People think this, but it's been explained by someone who works for a 3rd party company that this isn't the case. A company can't just make one Seeker, they have to make them all. However, not everyone will get them all. Many do, but also many don't: Starscream is a great seller, but SW and TC already sell less because not everybody wants all three or all three from the same mould. And not everybody wants the Coneheads. Starting with Starscream, the number of sales go down. But they can't just lower the production run for the others, because production costs rise when the production numbers go down, and beyond a certain level production becomes very expensive but the sales also go down.

Plus Maketoys/TFsource have seriously soured the market for seekers.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Coneheads and also think they haven't received good figures (yet). But there have been multiple options for MP scale Coneheads: iGear, MP-11, YM, KBB, TW/Zeta, Maketoys and now these; there's also rumours about upcoming new MP's. I think the only instance where a regular seekers wasn't turned into a Coneheads is DS (and that's possibly because the company folded).

But yeah, I think for me FT Coneheads would be the best option as well. The size and the paints would give me the look I want. Plus I really hope that they make them so the headcone isn't the actual nosecone and include a regular head for a toy option. (That can also be done with this MPU.)

I'm happy this MPU exists, I also look forward to the rumoured TT MP, but making Coneheads from the MP-52 mould doesn't work for me. And in a large part it's because of the size. Not actually the size of this mould, but the size of this mould compared to other figures.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  8. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Definitely not in terms of cartoon look/feeling and size.

Still, options are good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Wellllll.... so I'll say the proportions look better on the Maketoys, but the wing placement, the white face with yellow eyes, that's what I want as far as toon accuracy, and MakeToys did not deliver in that regard. So with this, it's a win for me. But I think I'll wait and see if a better option comes along, which no doubt will.

• Like Like x 2
  10. sithfire30

sithfire30 Well-Known Member

Anyone know when this may be up for PO on ShowZ or Bombusbee?

• Like Like x 1
  11. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Think it's up in showz already? I'm sure someone's posted a link...

12. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

I get that. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stardiver

Stardiver Toy enjoyer

Actually quite like this, though I'll need all that black replaced with matching grey, Dirge and Ramjet teased as well, and a reasonable price on the three. Then I'll bite. I guess they'll be a bit shorter than say the DS seekers, but I'm okay with that. The original trio are tall and elegant, I'm okay with the coneheads being rough, stocky bullies.

14. HeroicVillain

HeroicVillain Well-Known Member

I hope they make all the black parts grey and get rid of the blue and white stickers. And maybe try and work on the grey waste and actually make it recessed. Looks great otherwise.

edit: Oh, the white and blue stickering is actually cel accurate. Never noticed it before. I don't like it, but I can live with it.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
  15. Redferno97

Redferno97 I can stop collecting whenever I want...

Not up on Show Z yet but Frank said it’ll be listed this week
    IMG_6431.jpeg

There is a category for MPU in the 4th party section right at the bottom but it’s currently empty

• Like Like x 4
  16. Jordisu

Jordisu Well-Known Member

The link is there but it's not working yet
    upload_2024-5-27_21-29-46.png

• Like Like x 4
  17. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I mean. Have you seen the official seeker backs? They’re the worst on the market. DS’s was already the cleanest, but made even cleaner with the add-on parts.

I don’t think this guys back is anymore offending than the official short/squat boys. If anything, it’s better, least to me.

I’m also hoping Star Toys still owns their molds so they can, maybe someday, remold them into the Coneheads (actually. Has anyone ever tried asking them? @xueyue2 — if I recall, you speak Chinese? Maybe you could do us a favor and ask).

18. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    U mean ask DS/Star Toys? I don't have its contact information. I can ask if u know how to contact them. (Not sure if DS has weibo, even they have, I don't have one, so can't ask there.)

• Like Like x 1
  19. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    @oku was having contact with Star Toy in the Tracks thread, maybe they could try.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Understood! I don’t have any of their info as well, sadly. So I couldn’t direct you there if I tried.

Excellent! Maybe @oku couls give them a ring if he feels like it and isn’t too busy when he gets the chance (we mean as Star Toys of a possible conehead remold will ever come).

• Like Like x 1