1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

MPM-6 Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by is456, Jan 9, 2018.

1. decor1

decor1 Hey, take it easy!

I bought an early copy from Amazon (don't have the box with me to look up the number). Mine tabs in well on one side of the alt. mode, but is gappy on the other (especially one half of the windshield and the engine hood). I fixed the shoulder issues with Future. If I try to exchange it for another, what are the chances of me getting someone else's returned, defective figure?

2. artimus prime

artimus prime SCALE Debater that collects multiple TF lines TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It's a toss up. Much like the figure itself.

3. BluScorpio

BluScorpio Quick_WFC

from what i can understand, they're essentially saying, "it is what it is, whether or not you think it's better/more worth it than the official is up to you. Have a look for yourself." At around 3 minutes you can hear them laugh as they say, "look for yourself". They also mention that this is a straight up no brand ko, much like the ko carbots and such.

funny side note, his chinese name translates to "iron skin" lol

Attached Files:

4. BluScorpio

BluScorpio Quick_WFC

which parts of the shoulder did you apply future to to fix the issue? if you don't mind me asking

5. Panzertron

Panzertron Member

Is there any thread of the ko ironhide?

• Like Like x 1
  6. decor1

decor1 Hey, take it easy!

If you look underneath the shoulder halves, you’ll see the two pivot joints that adjust the angle of each shoulder. It’s a little tricky, but I use a toothpick to drip the Future into the pivot sections. It may take a couple of applications, but the shoulders hold their positions a lot better afterwards.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BluScorpio

BluScorpio Quick_WFC

i'll give it a shot, thanks for the reply!

8. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

For a rivet like that, dipping a Qtip in Future and then just pressing down onto the rivet head is perfect. The force of pressing it down will gently apply the Future right around the circumference of the rivet head. It's perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  9. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Man if the KOs that are released don’t have any improvements then they’re not worth it at all to me. Would be a bummer.

Problem is I’ve already painted mine up a bit and modded it very slightly. Is it still worth it to contact customer service?
    Awesome news if true!

• Like Like x 1
  10. artimus prime

artimus prime SCALE Debater that collects multiple TF lines TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't see why not. You're not going for a refund. Just informing them of issues with your copy.

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yes because you had an affected copy. Your feedback is relevant.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Is there a link for someone selling it at an online store, or are these just floating around on eBay?

13. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hmmmm.... I don't know to be honest, it just said it's different compared to the official. I tried to do a more literal translation without grammatical correction to give a better "true" taste of what the original text said. We do know he has some mold changes, so there's some differences, one of which is new tabs/hooks in the chest area to hold the shoulders in place. From the pictures (which we don't know if are truly the KO's at the moment) this should have the autobot logos.... and given this looks to be same size as the official, I'd imagine you can swap out certain parts with the logo if they are missing (with the exception of the shoulders as that might remove whatever tabbing they have created for the shoulders)

EDIT: ok, looking at the video it seems the mods to the mold is very very minor..... no extra chest tabs, arm panels seems better but still comes loose...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    omg this thing is 18 mins, I'm not typing that up! :p  And he has a strong (?rural? - ok, someone commented it's a location dialect / accent, so not just me) accent... I'll do my best.... (I'm sure my parents are super proud I'm trilingual so I can help random strangers translate a mandarin video hahaha)

Top of hood is flush, front grill doesn' tlnie up as well. The box and the figure size are identical (in size I presume) to the official release. From the beginning he said there are definite "changes" to the mode in the form of tabs.

(funny part, the person doing the explanation keeps telling the person on the side to talk less and observe more hahah)

Examples I can find about changes / differences / highlights:
    - the KO removed some tabs from the window close to the side view mirrors, making it smooth, compared to official one has a tab there (and I looked at my official mpm6 to compare with the one in the video),
    - the thing that covers the front tires in bot mode is a bit loose compared to official
    - he said something is a secret and then someone commented (the text scrolling at the top of the video seems to be user comments) flamed him for not saying his complete insights
    - (some butt hole jokes when transforming the legs)
    - arm panel tabs seems different but still not tabbing in well
    - no comment on how well the panels line up in alt mode... see for yourself

Ok, at the end I really can't tell 50%+ of wtf they were saying.

My observation:

No additional chest tabs.....

• Like Like x 3
  15. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

Posted an eBay link earlier on page 228. I did orded him there :) 

• Like Like x 2
  16. nuropa

nuropa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are some odd Chinese names for TF characters, but hide means skin so Ironhide in Chinese is a straight translation.

17. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Fuck. I'll wait til we have a more reputable company who has their shit together.
    I'm curious, but some things are better left untranslated.
    In Japanese it's just "Aianhaido" (eye-un-high-dough). Katakana can be goofy but at least there's no meaning attached to it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, IF this is a straight up duplicate copy without any major changes/improvements, it'll be abhorrent if people buy this instead of the official.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

Well I bought it Just because of the price. I am waiting for an improved version just didnt wanted wait longer! And I think paying 130,- for a figure with Its flaws is kind of waisted money.... i do understand what you are saying tho!

• Like Like x 2
  20. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

True true ....the lesser price does factor in a bit.

• Like Like x 1