1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

MPM-6 Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by is456, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

I was wondering did you take your figure apart to paint it? Or did you painted it in one piece?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    PicsArt_01-09-08.26.38.jpg Picsart fun at Vector Sigma!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  3. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *flex more translation muscles*

So from the posting:

这是KO厂货版,采用ASB+合金件铸造,模具有修改过,关节相对比较紧实,卡扣也比较精准,正确变形后密合车型没问题,质量不错,性价比高! 盒装出品,配双炮,内包装采用吸塑盒包装,无绑线,跟官方版本有明显区别

This is KO sample, uses ASB + alloy parts to make, mold has been modified, joints are comparatively tight, tabs/locks are more accurate, correctly transformed panels are tight in car mode without issues, quality not bad, value/price very high! Boxed release, includes double cannons, internal packaging uses vacuum/sucked plastic (?) packaging, no string ties, compared with official has obvious differences.

You're welcome :p 

• Like Like x 7
  4. Transvin

Looking forward to recieve it! Hope its Good :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For you i understand ;) 

6. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I don’t understand- if KO companies can so quickly and presumably, easily, correct these problems, it whouldn’t have been an issue for HasTak to do. Why didnt they?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Transvin

Can't be Good for business

8. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I'm only guessing here....but perhaps they "did" but they are just waiting for the existing run with these issues to be depleted first before sending out the next wave of fixed figures to sellers.

???

I have no idea how this stuff works, just guessing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    I never take them apart to paint unless it's something easy like a ball joint or mushroom peg, and he has none of those! I just try to be careful. It's not like I did anything extensive like a total repaint, cause he doesn't need it IMO. Just a lot of little details and some weathering to make him really shine.
    Awesome! Just one more question, what does

mean? Are they just saying that the feel is different and that that's a good thing, or that he LOOKS different?

I'm mostly concerned that he won't have the molded in autobot logo on the back. I'd be OCD enough to swap parts with the original if that's the case.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, it probably doesn’t. It probably just has the molded outline of an autobot logo.

11. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a ballsy business decision - send out the crappy copies first- set bad first impression to turn off future buyers --> profit

12. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Of course, I agree.

But it's not like are going to recall an entire run (if not many) of a figure once it has hit the shelves. No?

13. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    I don’t think it was a business decision. It was bad management. They didn’t realize something was wrong clearly til they’d already manufactured enough that they HAD to release them. Either that or they still don’t know there’s a problem.

14. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Funny you say....I sometimes wonder that myself. With the vocal members of various message boards, Twitter, Facebook groups etc....I wonder how much of what we say actually make it to the correct ears.

I'm not even referring to the nitpicks....I'm talking about the full blown F-ups in a figure; like this.

I would certainly hope the appropriate people at Hasbro/Tak are aware of this.
    (What they do about it is a whole other question)

• Like Like x 1
  15. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    My guess is that at least SOME Hasbro employees are on here, but the extent that they can actually change what’s happening in the sales, marketing, design, production, and manufacturing stages is unknown. They could say “everyone thinks this sucks!” And their bosses could just be saying “well a FEW people on ONE forum think it sucks, but they’re still selling and they’re already manufactured and shipped so we’re not in a position to do anything about it”.

It’s just so odd to me because so much of this figure is pure genius, and then they just made a couple dumbass decisions that I don’t understand. My only guess is they were pressed for time and had to rush at the end.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm sure Hasbro and Takara are aware to some extent but if no one is contacting them directly, they won't have an idea of just how bad and widespread the problems are. TFW2005 is not an official means of communication with Hasbro. Sure there maybe widespread complaints on the net via forums and social media but everyone complains on the internet. That's all white noise to Hasbro unless someone actually contacts them. If I had an affected copy, I would. I don't have an MP Ironhide though.

This is in part, why I made a batch number thread for MPM Ironhide. Even so, those of you with affected copies should contact their customer care line and let them know what's going on. We as a fandom know there's definitely something wrong but as fans, that's to be expected. Let them know your batch number so it'll be easier for them to trace which run its part of.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Transvin

I just found this video of the KO: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av40045602/

Looks good to me! The hood looks flush and the schoulders seems alot stronger!

somebody van translate in a nutshell what they say?

*Edit: by looking at the whole video i don't think there are new locking points or something for the chest/schoulders*

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Just going by what I saw, I didn't see anything different with the wrist panel connections, as well as the hood assembly. Didn't look any tighter than my Takara version when I first got him.

I was expecting to see more of a direct tab/slot "CLICK" with those arm panels.

19. Transvin

I don't have the original but i do think your right! Maybe should wait for a real improved version... I did orded this KO cause i just couldn't wait any longer and for about 60,- i wanted to try it :) 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, a lot of Ebay sellers are have been using an image with an autobot logo. These are pics from the KO. Soooo I think it does have the actual autobot logo.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2