MPM-15 Brawl

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Praxus, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Sola

Sola Missing Link

News Credits:
  2. CamaroBee

CamaroBee for Fletcher

Instagram:
    Glad to see the severed arm piece has the orange parts to it! Some of the release material showed it as solid gunmetal, I like the effect the orange adds!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aarion23

Aarion23 Living in the Digital World!

News Credits:
    I mean I started when they first started making the newer MPMS back in 2017 and kept getting them since then.

I almost didn't get Blackout because the prices kept going up and up, and there was no garentee at the time they would finish the 1st movie Decepticons. But when I saw the leaks from Jtprime17, and saw that Bonecrusher was coming I knew they would do Brawl.

And with that I got Blackout and had them all since, just waiting on Brawl, and a 70s Camaro Bee followed hopefully by a proper Scorponok with Frenzy. LOL 20240504_224021.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 are you compensating for something, talking down?

News Credits:
    cool collection

my statement is more in reference to a full commitment/acceptance of these figures as originally envisioned by HasTak; that includes everything from the positives to the drawbacks including accepting their scale as-is and paint applications at times.

I understand there are those who collect only 100% official, but I've personally had greater experiences with some KOs vs. the original figures/engineering they were derived from. So this is a nice humble reminder of the different standards in the hobby and how there isn't an objectively "correct" one.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Aarion23

News Credits:
    Why thank you :) 

The closest I have gotten to 3rd party is DNA upgrade kits and that is because they fix what is broken on Hasbros figures most of the time.

Like ROTF Devastator missing his Wrecking Balls, that was a wrong I HAD to make RIGHT! lol

I don't judge anyone for liking knock-offs or 3rd party figures I just personally like the name recognition of having the official items it feels like it holds more value than a knock-off or 3rd party.

Wait! I do have 1 knock-off that holds its value! Titanic-Bot! They are just chilling in the image I posted in front of combat deck! LOL

• Like Like x 3
  6. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:
  7. Aarion23

News Credits:
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wait wdym he's out in China and there are no target nor Pulse pre-orders.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Aarion23

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly.

10. Hobby 4 Geek

Hobby 4 Geek Hobby4Geek

News Credits:
    I think it will be for soon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Wait, RELEASED? As in, you can legitimately buy him??? Why would they make us wait so long then? We don't even have preorders yet!
    Just that first pic with all the accessories shows how far this line has come. MPM3 only came with one dinky arm blaster attachment, MPM4 couldn't even include two blasters, MPM6 didn't have his dotm guns, MPM5 had no frenzy or gun, etc. But ever since Megatron the accessories have actually been plentiful and accurate to the character, and they've even started with character-specific fire and blast effects!
    My decepticons will all be official MPMs in the end (I do have OSKO Starscream with the tattoos but that won't be for an 07 display anyways), but my autobots are a mix. Since they started way earlier, some of them aren't up to more modern MPM standards. Plus the scale isn't nearly as accurate within the autobot ranks.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Wizardlizard714

Wizardlizard714 Lover of metal weirdos

Megatron and starscream don’t, megatron gets away with it since I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have one in the film but starscream should have had it

• Like Like x 3
  13. KingSnarl00

KingSnarl00 Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm officially sold. I will definitely be getting this guy from target when he comes out

• Like Like x 2
  14. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  15. meisterman

meisterman i am in love with rotb

I don’t think it’s especially rare for people to go all official. The KOs are definitely an option for some, but a lot of people (myself included) just don’t want figures that big. I’d never say the paint on the officials is breathtaking or anywhere near that but they do a reasonably good job and complement the amazing sculpt and design work really well without making me scared I’m going to chip a ton of paint (aside from Ironhide and Jazz). I know I’ve personally also just had a bad time with the few KOs I’ve experienced, with Thunder Leader especially feeling really unpleasant to handle.

Plus the official boxes are just really satisfying imo.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Khelthorn

Khelthorn Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I didn't realize how many giant holes there are on the top of him. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I can understand some where the turret is attached to the body of the tank but from some of these pictures, it looks like it's basically just a frame with a turret on top..

17. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

We need Black Apple back in the game to make this figure justice. Integrate his arm weapons and claw into tank mode and fix some minor problems like that visible head. Other than that I think this thing is great.

18. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah we are just biased because we're deep into this hobby, and are on these forums. Plenty of people don't even know the KOs exist, or don't assume that they're better because of the negative connotation of "KO".
    This is very true.
    What? This figure is already great from all reviews so far. We wouldn't need BA to completely overhaul it and do massive redesigns like with Optimus and Ironhide...

• Like Like x 6
  19. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I'm not talking about massive redesigns. I wish someone could find a way to integrate his weapons into the alt mode instead of just slapping them on top of the turret.

20. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    It seemed impossible but the original leader did such a cool job integrating the weapons. I'm keeping mine just for it's engineering despite that the studio series and MPM beat in significantly in accuracy

• Like Like x 3