MPM-13 Blackout

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by williammmw, Apr 15, 2022.

1. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    Not gonna lie; i want this figure.

• Like Like x 4
  2. InsaneJester17

InsaneJester17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do we know when this will be up on Pulse?

3. zoidiect

zoidiect Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    they need to do more of this, got a working sample? show it off as much as possible. showing off the comparisons with other toys right off helps a lot too, now i can see why this is a MPM

• Like Like x 11
  4. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right! This helps build the hype way more. Love that he was willing to answer so many questions. What decent fella!

• Like Like x 4
  5. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Got to be honest. Except for maybe the hands, height, and any extra articulation it might have nothing about this stands out that looks any different than the studio series leader class to me

• Like Like x 1
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The entire underbelly of the helicopter mode, more detailed paint, somewhat more accurate arm proportions, and less crowded shoulder kibble are the big, immediate things. That, and the integrated rotor weapon.

No, he doesn't look like a huge upgrade, because the SS version already did the base design really well. It's only ~4 years of design evolution, and not ~10 like some of the MPMs have been.

• Like Like x 10
  7. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Did his robot size actually change or was it that his legs could extend?

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  8. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

I'd say not looking like he permanently wants to hug is a huge upgrade

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cragglebot73

Cragglebot73 Well-Known Member

My initial reaction, (which I put at the start of this thread), was that they nailed the head, chest and torso, but the arms and legs were hideous. Seeing this in natural light and posing with the the other MPM's in the latest images just released and the fact that I have had a decent amount of time to digest the figure, I am warming up to him some what.

I can live with the arms, but those feet are just terrible. They need to be wider with separated toes. The length of the feet and all the hidden kibble underneath doesn't worry me. They're just too damned skinny. And the fact that half the main rotors aren't able to be reversed so they face each other in bot mode is a BIG let down for me. The feet improvements and main rotor rotation that Hide Shadow brought over the SS were what made it such a superior example of the character imo...

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know these posts have been happening for a bit, but I feel like I woke up one day and we've just been getting a bunch of preproduction info on Transformers lately and its very cool to see.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Decagon

Decagon Funne Helicopter Man

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:

Yeah, they look pretty much the same to me tbh.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 24
  12. Decagon

Decagon Funne Helicopter Man

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 18
  13. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would have been nice if the toes had been on sliders to extend them out to either side of the foot a little to give them a little more width.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  14. LSSJPrime

LSSJPrime Well-Known Member

I'm saying your line of thinking that "vehicle is mostly hollow inside, therefore the robot should be significantly smaller than the vehicle" is incorrect because other robots are far bigger than their vehicle modes even if their vehicles modes are also mostly empty space.

If you think finding logic within the transformations of the Bayverse is a "silly and impossible thing to do" then why are you trying to make sense of it?

Again this excuse doesn't really work because plenty of 'bots have vehicle modes that are mostly "empty space" but they end up huge in robot mode anyways. Some examples include DOTM Megatron (tanker truck), Hound (armored troop carrier), Ironhide (pickup truck), and Ratchet (ambulance). Especially Ironhide, like I get the C4500 is a massive pickup truck but there should be no way that a vehicle of that size has enough mass and material to form a bulky, 22-foot tall Autobot.

Blackout was severely undersized in the first film, plain and simple.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not just a new headsculp, a brand new transformation that doesn't suck. Aside from Ironhide's poor QC, MPM Prime was my biggest letdown, especially coming off the amazing ROTF Leader Prime with the accurate chest and forearms.

Frankly, I understand the complaints about the thin upper arms. However, I want to know if thicker arms would affect the transformation and/or the articulation, because that would make it a moot point.

• Like Like x 5
  16. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I mean technically if they intended for bigger arms when designing it they would have made room for it regardless. Of course if they chose smaller arms there will probably be less space now. I don’t think it’ll necessarily prove much outside of smaller arms needing less space to fit.

17. floper69

floper69 Member

I like blackout but I don't feel like getting a movie figure

18. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    I would have sacrificed the underside of the helicopter to get better arms cause I generally dont tend to display my mps in alt mode unless they're bw mps.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Because for that one bot it makes sense. That's all dude. He's mostly meant to be hollow so having a smaller robot mode would make sense. Most of the other bot's bulk and height make as much sense so I wasn't talking about those.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Slyf5

Slyf5 Well-Known Member

inb4 BUT THIS OBSOLETE 2006 CONCEPT ART SHOWS HIM WITH TERRIBLE FEET!! ACCURACY!
    honestly, this is reaching modern MP sunbowtoon levels of denial, showing these ridiculous frames of bad animation to justify bad design

Blackout was severely undersized in MISSION CITY, in the opening scene he's huge showing his real size because you can see the helicopter mode in a real scale, in mission city Blackout is Ironhide size I think and his helicopter mode is laughable, especially in the scene where he transforms above Sam

• Like Like x 1