MPM-12 Optimus Prime (Bumblebee Movie)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by oku, Feb 9, 2021.

1. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    At first glance, the robot mode just doesn't really do anything for me. I know it's based on BB Optimus but it just looks almost too detailed in places (especially the face scuplt) but the truck mode looks decent enough. I really want to like it, but I just can't. But I'm not going to sit here and absolute bash it though and I'm glad it's there for people who do want it though. :) 

2. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    All things considered, what I mostly care about is whether or not this is a GOOD TOY. I can look past the kitty ears and inaccuracies if this is solidly built, fun to transform and holds together well in both modes. So far the only BB Movie Optimus toy Ive handled that fits those criteria is the oversized WeiJiang KO of the Studio Series figure, and that one is a little TOO oversized for me. This one looks to be the perfect size, so if it is fun and solid then I’ll be satisfied.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Wildrider696

Wildrider696 Well-Known Member

Thank you, your honor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    I might buy this if the paint job is good.

5. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

Thanks for this comparison. Very interesting. Wonder what exactly happened here...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Oh my, "fans" complaining? That's a 1st!

Everybody should be happy...

...Realistic Prime based on G1 model for those who "hate" MP-44 for looking like Prime...

...Looks like an updated MP-10 for those who cling to MP-10 (and prefer the stylization). Gorilla arms and all...

...The best of Bayverse meets G1 for those in between...

...A 2nd, yet different MP Prime for Bayverse lovers...

You can't go wrong with this one. They've combined MP-10, gimmicks from MP-44, Bay MP Prime, real world astectics, stylization, AND screen accuracy in one feel swoop. Some people are just never gonna be happy I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if HasTak learned to just start ignoring a majority of it.

• Like Like x 4
  7. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Nah, I am pretty sure HasTak only ignores fans whose opinion you dislike.

• Like Like x 2
  8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Eh, it's alright. Will probably get him if I see him, but just another Prime so I ain't sweating it.

9. GAUGE

GAUGE Big Firebird Toy Hype Guy

News Credits:
    Maybe it's just because for the last few years I've seen so many impressive interpretations of Bee Prime from various offerings, but this one seems a bit off.

I actually thought the SS voyager version looked more like him that this one. they voyager was pretty amazing.

The vehicle mode looks a little wonky to me from the front. especially the window section.

robot mode is ok for the most part. I just think the Voyager pulled it off a little better.

10. SideSwipe154

SideSwipe154 Not a Decepticon

I might sound crazy, but does anyone else think that the kneepads are backwards? When comparing the shape of the kneepads to the cg render, it looks like the side that are facing outwards is supposed to be on the inside. If it is indeed in the correct position, then the moulding for the knees are almost completely off.

11. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Wow! I thought the original image was fake.

1. Love the design
    2. Excellent Matrix addition!
    3. Truck mode is sick! I love it the way it is.ZERO wrong with it.
    4. Very cool articulation.

One small quirk is the head looks strange. Doesn't look right.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy pass for me. At this point, I just have enough Optimus Primes.
    I'm down for new designs like when they were doing stuff like Super Fire Convoy/Galaxy Prime/Armada Prime, etc....but I have amazing figures that look like G1 prime already.
    So I'm good.

I can see why people would be upset at this figure. It's got a lot of positives to it, but then some weird stuff like the cat ears in vehicle mode. Like, I can't even see how those pieces MATTER in robot mode, so why have them? I'd say its more important to nail the silhouette of the vehicle mode first, since most of that other stuff is greebly garbage anyway.

About the folks who are upset at being upset. I mean, are you new to the fandom? I've been posting/reading on Transformers message boards since 1998. Back then it was alt.toys.transformers, ffs.
    And this isn't new! People have opinions, they present them, some will be "constructive" and some will be "rude". And there will always be those people that always want it to be positive all the time. Dude, I was there once, I used to get irritated at opinions unlike my own as well....when I was 19, lol.

This isn't just TFs. This is every thing on the planet that has a fandom.
    You will do well to save your blood pressure and accept that it doesn't matter how awesome something is, someone is gonna hate it. And you also gotta realize that someone hating something DOESN'T AFFECT YOU. Or at least it shouldn't. I LOOOOOOVE the Star Wars sequels (because I just love SW...all of it. OT, PT, ST, don't care). Obviously MANY people disagree with me, lol. Who gives a shit? Random people on the internet mean literally zero to me and they should mean zero to you too unless you know them in person.

It's a hunk of plastic and some people do not find to be aesthetically pleasing. Cool, right? No biggie. What's for dinner?

• Like Like x 7
  13. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    Only just realised this thread existed, I'd been posting in the other thread for the same figure in the same forum :confused: . Can the two not be merged together?

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Haven’t read the thread... might be in the minority on this, but...

... is that really the best they can do?

• Like Like x 3
  15. LeoJ

LeoJ Well-Known Member

Really can’t get over how much this just looks like a bigger ss 38

• Like Like x 1
  16. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

Hmmm, the robot mode looks good but I can\'t help but feel the Studio Series figure did a better truck mode, especially where the legs formed the back of the truck. That section looks a bit too long and the shins just stand outa lot.  I\'ve given up collecting Masterpiece figures but I\'d consider this one if the price was right.

17. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hard agree.

My theory for the Studio Series fig is that the toy was likely being designed before the filmmakers were too far into the movie (and maybe hadn't even decided to film that bit at the end), so the toy designers just went with the most recent cabover vehicle they had on file (and, as Marmon no longer exists as a company, a truck design that they probably didn't have to secure the rights for).

However, why they used the Marmon '97 for THIS figure, two years later, is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

I don't have a need to dislike anybody's opinion. If we're keeping it real, this shit is actually funny as hell. I just try not to "kick a man while he's down" so to speak. It's gotta suck being pissed off allll the tiiime! About everything! I wouldn't wish that in anyone. After a while though, you just gotta laugh; like when a 2yr old throws a cute-ish tantrum.

If it were my company, I would focus on quality control and distribution issues. That's about it as far as "fandom" complaints are concerned; just stay passionate about my craft (as an artist) and watch that bank stack up (as a business). Especially after what... "critics"...have become over the past 20yrs. Ignore the rest; you can't get anything done inviting that type of noise into the creative process.

But fortunately it's not my problem, so I have the luxury of just being entertained! :p  Good times.

Stay positive. It's worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    Why does it have a Matrix? If they're giving the figure stuff Prime didn't have in the movie, why not give him an Energon Ax to go over his hand?

20. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because a sword is better.

Duh.

• Like Like x 2