MPM-10 Starscream KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xueyue2, Oct 26, 2020.

1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    I appreciate it. I tried searching and it brought a LOT of results. Must have missed the "OS" one.

2. wboender

wboender Impatient Overspender

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    selling the movie 1 version for $60, everything included except the box, nothing wrong with it just want the bigger version lol
    please pm if interested

edit: sold

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    9E50528C-12E8-4F1D-81A1-97B770A57A12.jpeg 3026CABB-0E10-4A60-8D9C-7CB9B54C920F.jpeg 1F03EA2B-ABE7-411D-AD05-9BCF5D5A0069.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  4. Temenos88

Temenos88 Well-Known Member

0180cea967ff718ad6df7848fd4448b23d8e4420fb.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  5. wboender

wboender Impatient Overspender

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    E2637DFB-B5F0-4562-AEED-8104E9E602A9.jpeg so…just my luck that i would try to order the OS and i get shipped the movie2 deco regular sized. i asked terry if i could send it back and he said hed rather me keep it in exchange for cash being sent with my original order.
    that being said, selling the regular sized MPM10 ROTF deco $60+shipping, never taken out of the clamshell

• Like Like x 2
  6. Slyf5

Slyf5 Well-Known Member

I needed Starscream and Barricade to complete my 07 cons team so I found a good deal for both of them
    overall a great figure, amazing paint, great joints BUT
    sadly this figure has to be the one with the most problems in my MPM collection, the problems involve both arms
    the right arm was very loose, with no ratchet joint at the elbow, and the left arm had a ratchet joint but it felt different, with almost no sound, the whole body has great ratchet joints and this was very disappointing so I removed the pin to take a look at the joint
    the right arm came without the ratchet joint, and the left arm came with a fake ratchet joint (no spring just a piece of plastic)
    also at the moment of assembling the elbows, I realized that one pin is slightly different so if you put the left pin on the right arm, it's going to be loose even with the fake ratchet joint installed
    so now I need to replicate the joint for the right elbow and find a set of pins to replace the pins on both elbows
    but before, if someone managed to disassemble MPM Starscream or the KO ver. can confirm that his elbow "ratchet" joint is just a piece of grey plastic without a spring inside?
    View attachment 29571199

Attached Files:

7. xscaralienx

xscaralienx "Cowards do survive"

arent the elbow ratchets joints supposed to be like that tho? no actual spring and just friction ratchets?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  8. Megalotron

Megalotron More ferocious than a deathclaw

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have mine in front of me, but Im pretty sure those elbows arent friction, so your's was most likely missassembled at the factory. To work properly they should have those small toothed pieces on springs, else the ratchet gear won't be able to firmly engage/disengage, as you can see. If you bought it from a retailer I'd contact them and see if they can get you replacement parts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slyf5

Slyf5 Well-Known Member

Ok, managed to fix the arms with a joint replacement, the smoking effect in right side of his chest was badly painted so I removed it in both sides and sealed with a matte finish coat, surprisingly it matches better with the other grey pieces on his torso which don't have the smoking effect
    What can I say, this is maybe my least favorite figure in my MPM scale collection, the main problem being his arms, the articulation is so outdated, horrible, to the point that any good pose with the buzzsaw is impossible, the articulation relies on his hands, sadly when you install the weapons the articulation on his hands become useless, any basic figure needs a swivel at the elbow, waist swivel is optional, but arm swivel is VITAL, the missile launcher works because you barely need articulation for the shooting pose, the legs are a complete nightmare to pose besides having strong ratchets
    The thing is I had LS04 before, and that figure being an SS OSKO has better articulation than this thing, and that's just unacceptable, LS04 had a better leg articulation and better arm articulation, my main problem with that figure was the friction joint on his elbows, but compared to this thing, it is one problem vs 10 problems with this mold, not this figure, because I had the chance to compare my copy with the original MPM yesterday and if I feel disappointed for buying this thing at an acceptable price, can't imagine how the people who paid for the MPM feel, because that figure is this thing with all the flaws but worse in every way
    This figure has many good things yeah, great paint, strong joints, he's not a bad figure, but a complete disappointment after things like WJ Brawl Blackout and TFDF Bonecrusher, and isn't even near to the quality of Leader/Dreamfactory Starscream in terms of articulation and design.
    I'll buy LS04S because I need a really good starscream and will keep this thing only to complete my 07 team, this figure shows perfectly how "MUH SCREEN ACCURACY" isn't worth a damn when you can't even design good articulation/playability StarscreamMPM.jpg

10. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Really, cause looks wiseI feel like he’s Hasbro’s the best looking one or up there, really like how he looks. Hopefully I can find the original for a good price or this KO (TF1 version).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Megalotron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah it's a really awesome figure, given the design of the character and how close they were able to get to it, it has pretty forgiving articulation. I mean, the mpms arent really hyper articulated anyway. The only thing it really lacks though is an elbow swivel. There's a dna kit that made one but ofcourse they don't match the kos well, and I'd prefer one for my osko.:rolleyes: 

12. Slyf5

Slyf5 Well-Known Member

That sums perfectly what this figure is, good looking, nothing more, is a background figure that looks good, LS04/LS04S looks good and is a great figure, very fun to play and transform and pose, Dreamfactory Starscream looks good and is imo the best Starscream figure ever made the amount of gimmicks and detail is mindblowing, MPM Starscream just looks good standing, that's all

13. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I get that but when I just look at the HFTD Starscream and the MPM I just think the MPM looks way better. The HFTD isn't bad but just the new one looks more appealing and better me (by so much, IDK it looks dated to me than others think). Hopefully I can find the MPM for a good price at some point (as someone who no longer collectors MPM's)

• Like Like x 1
  14. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I disagree.

• Like Like x 5
  15. LegoLiamNeeson

LegoLiamNeeson Well-Known Member

On tf direct they say that they have some stock of this figure but everyone else says that they still haven’t gotten it yet. Weird, also wonder when a reissue of the tf1 paint job will be back in stock

Attached Files:

16. Rustwave

Rustwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, guys. How is this figure holding to the passage of time? I've been thinking about getting some of the KO MPM.

17. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Figure good.

18. Megalotron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had this figure and the osko, and they've both been completely solid figures. There's no fragility at all on them, and the plastic they used hasn't shown any signs of deterioration, *cough* shockwave osko.
    Only issue this figure has had are the ankles, they've been known to snap due to the diecast. Easily fixable with a little bit of shaving. If you can look past the limited upper body articulation, and the usual movie SS kibble, it's a great mold that's very true too the films. So good I got both repaints.:p :D 

19. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Love mine. It's perfect, especially after I painted and installed the DNA kit forearms!

20. xscaralienx

xscaralienx "Cowards do survive"

still holding up good for me