MPM-10 Starscream KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xueyue2, Oct 26, 2020.

1. ib4cx3pt

ib4cx3pt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did they improve vehicle mode at all?

• Like Like x 1
  2. VVa

VVa I play to win, and I'm not a good loser.

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm happy for those who WANTED a bigger Screamer but eh, my days of wanting bigger figure are gone.

Unless of course it's upscaling a mainline class figure to Masterpiece KO.

• Like Like x 2
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Idk why a lot of people seem to expect the Jet to somehow be improved. That would require either insane amounts of reworking, or a whole new mold

• Like Like x 14
  4. VVa

VVa I play to win, and I'm not a good loser.

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I thought they just wanted it to be bigger in bot mode with better articulation.

5. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

Appetites tend to grow...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

checked showz, about $120, price pretty close to sentinel prime

man.. I remember a year ago, tossing up whether a $70usd megatron was worth it

• Like Like x 3
  7. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    YES OS SCREAMER! FINALLY!

8. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny thing is their Megatron is still around $70.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

As much as I wanted an OS Starscream, I have to ask if its "$30 and worth the space" more.

For a new mold, like BA modded, smooth underside SS...no question. This? Ehhhh.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Panzertron

Panzertron Well-Known Member

Ohh mama!!! Yeeesss!!! Now we need the OS tatooed version!! Xdd... Waiting for Ratchet

11. Bweep

Bweep Well-Known Member

I found it at least to be more considerable understandable when Starscream and Megs should somewhat tower over the likes of BA Prime

even taking account the forest battle, in that one brief sequence in where Prime headbutts Starscream, or even when he headlocked and kicked him away, the mass of his size and height mostly reflected on that scene very highly, as even Prime needed to grab high when he severs his arm off before Grindor's demise

Seeing him in 34 centimeters (probably with his legs not even extended all the way makes him feel more practically sized since he's a massive F22 after all-

Size discrepancies are to blame for the movie pretentiously cheating with the sizes just for general flare-

i can kind of sympathize for those who were a bit disapproved by the lack of any bicep swivels being modded into this bigger version, but really, detaching the folding strut that tucks into the bicep can already constitute as an inward bicep rotation to make him rub his palms maniacally-

i'd probably add a ball joint for the neck for quizzical tilting so that it gives him more character when posing, and hopefully he doesn't suffer as much similarly to the Tattooed version of the non-upscaled MPM starscream in terms of joint tolerances and loose ratchet gaps in the hips

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I think the price is fine it's still cheaper than the official and is bigger than the normal KO. Not sure what's the issue, that said, this is not for me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bakarina

Bakarina Well-Known Member

The issue is OS KOs have basically doubled in price in the span of about a year. To the point that many of us are being priced out of the hobby of even getting the cheaper counterfeit versions of these characters. If your finances are such that the rapidly inflating prices does nothing to curb your hobby, than I am happy for you and it's not your problem. But if you're left scratching your head wondering why some fans are concerned, there you have it. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  14. Megawillbot

yeah i remember looking at the scale a while back, i was thinking bout taikongzhans starscream being the best bet, which was about this height iirc

15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

im kinda curious if it would be possible to add a waist swivel to this

• Like Like x 2
  16. Megawillbot

found jobby's tfw2005 alt

• Like Like x 6
  17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    On the contrary, I understand your sentiment and it's one of the reasons why i missed figures such as WJ Optimus, however most figures are getting expensive overrall. It doesn't help these companies make them so big in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bweep

Bweep Well-Known Member

to which this is already going to be our very best bet for a 1/30'ish scale of Starscream for out MPM collection-

Granted that it doesn't follow movie scaling so well in some occassions, but of course, movies have the free will to cheat their sizes to begin with, and with figures- not so much

so even if a lot can nag much about this, or the OS Sentinel even- Its going to be our most convenient options rather than waiting a decade or so to have official companies make something more nuanced to probably be something more worse to what they charge for-

19. StudioSlash

StudioSlash Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Hey! Now I'm not a frequent visitor here. This time I was late, but the day before yesterday a friend from China wrote to me, who said that he had bought a batch of increased MPM10

As I wrote to you earlier, the OS version will be made as it was with the honey badger and then with the T08. Who argued turned out to be fools again?)

This is made by the Black Mamba, they disguised themselves as a m-wizard. I must say that it turned out poorly, the design of the box has common features and words, but the fonts, the distance, the indents and the picture are different)
    Who cares - the real Wei Jiang appears and disappears again. They appear, sell from an unknown source of a batch of toys and disappear again. Sometimes they sell figurines made long ago, before the raid. Sometimes new.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

That figure was way larger than this. He was almost titan sized.

Edit: going back at looking at the pictures you might be close? I think that old one was still around 15-16"

• Like Like x 1