MPM-10 Starscream KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xueyue2, Oct 26, 2020.

1. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Interestingly, while on the MPM starscream only the base of the foot and the forward toes are diecast, all the components of the foot on the KO are diecast - the base of the foot, the rear "toes", and the spikey bits that stick up from his ankles. No more metal biceps, although that was a bit of an odd choice to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pitor

Pitor Well-Known Member

Interesting. They really should get a warehouse in the UK or continental Europe. I suppose VAT tax is one of the main reasons they haven't done it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gtf316

gtf316 Nuked in the face.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fully stretched legs gives you this....

IMG_20201113_224242_0.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  4. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    Just what I need. Thank you very much. I had the LS04 beside BA Prime and for me they fitted well, even being a little jet in comparison with the truck. I mean, do we really need a bigger Starscream instead of this?.

• Like Like x 1
  5. svek

svek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I don't :p  My shelf space is lacking so I was perfectly fine with LS04.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LSSJPrime

LSSJPrime Well-Known Member

Starscream with fully outstretched legs isn't real, it can't hurt you.

Starscream with fully outstretched legs:

• Like Like x 1
  7. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    I remember my LS04, it was shorter than BA Prime and it was cool anyway.

Sincerely I don't want to have massively bots on my shelf because of the scale obsession. As someone said already, Starscream must be 55 feet on the movie because of the jet parts, and in some scenes he was smaller or bigger depending the needings :lol 

Take this figure like a "small bot for scene needings" :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  8. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchian

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Bro remember, Blitzwing from bee movie is around 18ft if Bee is 11ft. It means Blitzy is as small as Crosshairs from Aoe/Tlk despite being a F-4 :lol 

9. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    OMG you're right! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He arrived this morning. Gotta say, a beautiful figure with a beautiful paint job. Overall, his joints are tighter than the officials, he’s a lot more solid. I made sure to shave down those ankle joints to prevent future damage and now I don’t really have any issues with him. Only joints that I’m nitpicky on are his right elbow which seems kind of worn down to the point where it’s like a friction joint, and his right back wing which is a bit loose and can’t support the wings weight to stay up, both are extremely easy fixes that don’t weigh down the figure for me in the slightest. Only issue I did have is when transforming the figure, the left chest piece was stuck in place, I had to lube it and pull it out, it took a while but it finally came out, now it comes out quite nicely but it was originally very frustrating to the point I thought it was going to break. I really love the whole butt flap adjustment, really improves the look even though I never had a problem with the flap originally. Hard plastic fingers and weapons are also great. Paint job is excellent aside from the from the silver head which is very distracting irl. The orange buzz saw is weird but easily fixable with the screw. Tighter ankles are great, and I no longer have the issue where moving the left arm on my copy dislodges the chest like on the official. Overall, loved the original figure and this KO enhances it even further with slight adjustments, overall better paint, and overall better joints.

Does anyone know of any paint that is similar to the body? I want to recolor the head

12D7C3E3-4A08-463C-80BD-8DA11D403F04.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 17
  11. ManelFigures

Instagram:
    Can you disassembly the head in different pieces? If you can't, you can use liquid mask and use some spray paints (primer, flat grey, etc).

• Like Like x 1
  12. ColdMangoJuice

ColdMangoJuice Todos saúdam Megatron! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just FYI, an improved Starscream head is being made for both the MPM and KO :) 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  13. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could actually disassemble the original into 3 pieces with a screw on the right side of the head, that same screw is here so I should be able to disassemble it all. Thank you for the advice Manel :) 

Didn't know a KO version was happening too! Hope it's on a ball joint and painted to match the body color a bit better. Looks pretty good, the original head is already molded nicely so I don't see myself picking up that head if it's super expensive

I see why BMB made a silver head, it's the same as the Prime 1 Version, but on the Prime 1 version, the silver is a bit more subtle and doesn't look too out of place like the KO

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  14. Chris C137

Chris C137 Have some self respect. Take the QC sticker off.

News Credits:
    Still haven't had a chance to properly fumble around with mine but I have managed to get his missile attachment stuck in his arm. It's tabbed so well I'm not sure I can get it out without breaking something :confused: 

Can someone show what exactly I need to be wary of with the ankle breakage issue, what not to do and how to fix?

I'll be honest the KO is a smidge too blue-grey on the bot mode parts. If the body were more of a dull metallic like that Prime 1 statue it would probably look less of a miss match with the silver head.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those attachments are hella tight now. It’s the paint added to the parts. I had to slowly wiggle it while pulling to get mine out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you think its worth trying to switch the feet around on the official or is there not a whole lot of benefit?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Hats off to all of you brave test pilots. I feel pretty safe ordering one now.
    I’m also confident that as soon as I get mine they will announce another one with a lighter paint scheme, a head that matches and probably other improvements, so you’re welcome in advance. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  18. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the box labels this figure as “A” so my guess is we are going to be getting a “B” version that will be the ROTF tattoo screamer

you will gain a little stability in the feet’s side to side movement.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  19. raptor22

raptor22 @TFBotShots on IG

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah his head is a more a shiny silver than the rest of his body. It is kinda distracting tbh. However the camera can capture it a little different and it is a bit toned down in certain lighting.
    I looked at many clips from the 2007 movie and he does have a brighter highlight to his head from his body. Also the Prime 1 Studio statue does give his head a slight Metallica sheen from the body although not as pronounced as this guy.
    I still recommend this guy. Last pic shows him next to Black Mamba KO OS Studio Series Starscream. Maybe someone can make an aftermarket head for him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  20. Panzertron

Panzertron Well-Known Member

Why aren't the heads of the original hasbro/takara's figures accurate??? Optimus', Megs', Ratchet's, Jazz's and Starscream's ones arent accurate... Why..