MPM-10 Starscream KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by xueyue2, Oct 26, 2020.

1. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Mine should be here today provided FedEx isn’t telling me lies

what do you need?

2. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    From whom did you order it?

3. rego0012

News Credits:
    Show.Z

EDIT: got him.
    I have no doubts that this guy is BMB, This thing feels like a BMB product (take that for what you will)

The ankles are ridiculously tight on mine, but are getting better with some working in of the joint. The joints in general are all much stronger than the official product, you won’t be struggling to stand or pose him at all.
    The silver head stands out pretty badly under bright lighting, but looks fine otherwise.

Both of my ankles parts and back tail fins have QC check stickers on them.

8132C713-C8EF-4DC9-A4B1-6998EF6DD9E1.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 17
  4. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks so beautiful... If only it was a little bigger.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than a Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    QC stickers? BMB = Fanstoys confirmed? :confused2 

• Like Like x 2
  6. rego0012

News Credits:
    More thoughts:

You can immediately tell hasbro has the ankle parts incorrect on the MPM release as this one has soft locks in 45 degree increments inwards. The parts are the same but the official being backwards loses this feature as it doesn’t engage properly.

Zero stability issues while standing as a result. Stand him as wide as you please and he will stay

something I would always have to do on my official would be to hold the torso together when moving the arms as the ratcheting would dislodge the whole arm connection from the main body...that’s totally gone with this.

F8D59203-63F7-49CD-90D0-8773F11B1D60.jpeg

• Like Like x 24
  7. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Picklejho

Instagram:
    The head of yours is darker! Beautiful.

8. rego0012

News Credits:
    the lighting really affects how the head looks. Under dimmer/room lights it looks great, under harsh light it looks very silver and stands out from the rest of the figure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does his overall, color scheme look too dark in person?

10. rego0012

News Credits:
    Lighting really affects how dark it looks, but overall I wouldn’t say he looks too dark. It’s extremely close to what the broken foot pic looks like a few pages back in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rego0012

News Credits:
    One last post now that I have had some time to transform and work with him. Everything fits and feels great. transformation is a little more difficult due to tolerances being tighter, be extremely careful with the first go around and work the tabs a few times. The ankles will feel like they won’t want to move past half way at first. Go slow and work the joint and you will be good from that point out. they are scary tight the first few times you move then. Just don’t try and force things and watch where you are putting your leverage and you will be good.

I still can’t get over how solid this feels. My official has zero chance if holding this position without the arm being at risk of falling or his legs letting go, but this thing handles it like a champ. I can pick the toy up shake it around and nothing will move at all. It’s a total brick in both modes.

63119B92-CC1E-4758-BC2C-C53CFE1D512B.jpeg

• Like Like x 26
  12. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    You're really making me want to pick this up and sell the original I got...

13. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Great to hear some good feedback. Can't wait to get mine :) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Picklejho

Instagram:
    Put half drop of WD-40 (silicon lubricant) into the knees. Magic will happen. Or unscrew the knee and sand a little bit the pieces.

15. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    That looks really good, thanks for your in-depth write-up and pics! Can't wait for mine to come

• Like Like x 1
  16. LSSJPrime

LSSJPrime M'gann M'orzz

I'm not arguing with you nor claiming you came up with those numbers out of nowhere. I'm simply using the most accurate frame of reference we have for Bayverse Transformers and according to that reference, the KO Starscream is too short by a few cm to be true 1/30th scale. I don't think Red Goblin's charts can be any more wrong than your source either as they're both from ILM so either way those assets were used in the films.

Also I think Starscream being 31 feet tall would be just his normal stance, i.e. hunched over with his legs bent. It makes sense because Starscream transforms into a massive jet so he'd need to be as squat and wide as possible to be around Optimus' height. He'd be way taller than 31 feet if he stretched his legs out all the way. And yes, I know, even then he still undergoes huge mass-shifting since if he actually transformed into a robot that keeps the integrity of his vehicle mode parts as they are on the real jet he'd be over 55 feet tall if they scaled it accurately, like the previous chart you posted.

I really hope a slightly ovoersized KO run is produced. I would genuinely buy at least two of those so I have one to fall back on just in case something happens to the one I display. This MPM Starscream mold is just so good it's such a shame Black Mamba didn't oversize this by even like 3cm or 1 inch. They nailed the paint and got rid of the butt-flap, so now it's time to make him true 1/30th scale.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Panzertron

Panzertron Well-Known Member

Same here

18. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    In case anyone was still curious about the color differences, here you go:

Twoscreams.jpg

Handfeel wise it's a night and day difference. The KO's joints are tight all around - if it ratchets, the ratchet joints are tighter. If it's a friction joint, the joints are smoother. The ankles are probably the biggest improvement as my MPM had a tendency to be pretty wobbly if I wasn't careful. The KO I can slap down in just about any pose and even if the ankles untab themselves, they're so well balanced in their tightness that he just holds fast.

The silver head DOES stand out, it sort of gives me the impression of a "rocketeer" or pilot look, where starscream is in a flight suit but wearing a shiny helmet. I think it works well enough and the paint quality really makes the normal MPM look junky by comparison.

Oh, and the chest is super stable on the KO, as are the flaps behind his arms and the boosters on his back, all loosey goosey annoyances on my genuine MPM.

I don't feel super bad about getting the KO after getting the official since I got the official for 50% off in the first place - they're both fine figures, but I do definitely like this KO more.

• Like Like x 18
  19. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than a Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    Mine arrived today from a UK address, no overseas postage labels. ShowZ must be doing some expanding?

I don't have much to say opinion wise just yet as I've not had time to pose him much or learn the transformation. I don't even know if it's correctly transformed out of the box. The paint looks nicely done though and everything feels tight so far .
    20201113_140638.jpg

I'll probably be looking to take the head apart to paint the eyes as they could do with a bit more brightness
    20201113_140734.jpg

Also for people that don't like the orange sawblade, it can be removed with one screw so I'll be painting that a metal colour also.

• Like Like x 13
  20. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy The “Blue Text” Spammer

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Looks like I have found the figure I could possibly buy after getting Knight Orion! Only 9000¥ on Amazon and the official MPM is about 20000¥ so it’s an awesome Deal.