Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by f90happy, Jan 12, 2019.
I wish Megatron came with his fusion cannon, still not gonna stop me from getting him.
Damn Megatron; did you have to grab him by the scrote too?
He does come with the fusion cannon. You can see it in the display pics sitting under his jet mode.
Turning cheatbots into physical toy form has come a long way.
It is pretty damn good.
Er, but I'm not complaining?
Thats a horrible way to go out, He felt two kinds of pain in his last seconds before dying.
I see it, thought it was supposed to be his mace piece but now I realize that's what's missing.
The mace isn't missing either. He comes with a chain that attaches to his arm. The mace end is just his hand, which is movie-accurate. You can see that right on this page in post #1384.
I can't wait for Jazz's normal face.
I don't plan on getting it, but that Megatron is so damn beautiful it annoys me. Jazz is also great too. Dat Megatron though! Loving his fusion cannon complete with bloody attachment! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It's so lush!
I'll admit it, they got me. Hey, maybe I just need the Autobots. Damn, these things are moving so slow, maybe I can skip the line. Nope, those son of a bitches got me.
Too Soon! Wait it's been more than ten years. Never mind.
His hand was never the Mace. It only went inside his forearm.
Okay well you've got me there. I don't know if I'd say the hand goes inside his forearm so much as it just disappears, but the mace end certainly isn't his hand. Guess that was the good old 2007 leader messing with my memory.
Jazz just looks so amazing, but here’s a list of minor nitpicks I have:
1. The visor doesn’t appear to be able to fold away or anything like HA. I don’t think Jazz should be without a visor ever, but I still find it strange how they didn’t include that.
2. The visor looks to be transparent gray. That’s not too bad, but it probably should have been slightly less transparent and either been black or turquoise, considering it wasn’t see-through at all in the film or promotional artwork, which were blue and black respectively.
3. The thighs use faux parts. The lower taillights are supposed to form the thighs, but here, the thighs are their own piece, and the lower taillights make up the calf. I don’t mind it too much, since it probably would have made the thighs too thick like with HA Jazz. They also aren’t painted red.
4. The feet aren’t painted. Not too big of a deal, but they could have used some gold there.
5. The gold and brown in the shins seem a little too bright and stand out a bit too much.
6. The backpack uses faux taillights, despite having the real ones right behind it.
7. Obviously the doors make the arms really big, but considering they can’t store anywhere else and are probably essential to the headlight forearms being accurate, it makes sense.
The thighs look better here. He probably is outright better than the HA version. (not that it mattered, I'd get him either way)
The big question is am I getting Megatron? It's pretty good execution, but such an awful design. Do I really want to spend nearly $200 and have to make shelf space for that? Not sure. Never bought the original 2007 versions.
Yeah it is strange but I guess they didn't want to compromise the head for flip out visors, my only issue with the head is that they painted his mouth gold? Not sure why they did that but he could do without it. I wish the visor was blue, it would really make his head sculpt pop even more. I don't really care about the taillights not forming the actual thigh, it's better that they used an actual thigh piece which looks much nicer, would be nice if they painted it but it's minor. The feet are die-cast and they usually leave that unpainted which I hate, I wish they painted their die-cast parts like with Barricade, if you get a bad die-cast piece at least you wouldn't know it's bad and sometimes bare die-cast looks distracting and detracts from the overall aesthetic of the piece such as the die-cast this Megatron appears to have in jet mode. The paint seems to stand out a lot on the legs due to lighting. The backpack uses faux tail lights to replicate how his back looked in the movie, if they used the real ones right there I think it would ruin the shape but it is kind of funny how it's behind the faux part.
They're really going for recreating scenes this time, the Allspark can even be put into Megatron's chest
A true masterpiece toy to be called masterpiece should be able to do all that you see a character do in a movie or series.
Scary to think what a DOTM Ironhide would include then.
Oh damn I was right about the allspark in his chest bit,that’s a neat feature.
I hope Megatron’s arm joints are stiff enough to carry Jazz’s pieces.
Separate names with a comma.