MP29+ Shockwave And MP36+ Megatron G1 Toy Colors

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I mean they could just give us both by including optional parts.

• Like Like x 3
  2. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ha, great point - I forget they have swappable parts. Then everyone can be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Although it might be hard on what to actually name the product. I guess whichever is more legally in range.

• Like Like x 1
  4. analogue

News Credits:
    They have used both names in the past, Galactic Man on the recent Siege repaint obviously and Astro Magnum was used on the Cloud version to describe his arm cannon/weapon.

• Like Like x 2
  5. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...galactic magnum!..

...anyway, as long as we're pitching wish-lists, i want my toy-based deco to include satin metallic thighs, toes, innards, and decepticon sigil, matte metallic grey parts, a matte black arm-cable, an illuminated eye, and to be substantially oversized: my shockwave was a menacingly large 'bot, outsizing the seekers and facing off against jetfire for the '84 the holiday season...

• Like Like x 4
  6. analogue

News Credits:
    I support this.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Any possibility for a black Friday sale for either of these guys?

8. bumblebrad

bumblebrad Well-Known Member

I received MP29+ the other day and I'm totally smitten. The darker purple makes a huge difference. Unfortunately, my copy is completely missing the battery cover on his right arm, and the right shoulder joint is insanely tight (so tight I think it'll strip the ratchets if I try to move it). Reached out to Chosen Prime but haven't heard back yet. In all honesty, I'm pretty pissed that an official figure that costs this much would have such careless QC. Still, if my came w/o those problems, I would 100% recommend it. Even the light piping for the eye looks so much better.

• Like Like x 3
  9. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    I can see Megatron being on sale since he's already been discounted a few times this year. One of the sales is where I picked mine up and I love him.

Part of me is hoping that Shockwave will be put on sale as well since I like the color. The part of me that doesn't want him to go on sale is the part where I really should save my money. Hahahaha!

10. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Based on BBTS's previous sales on these, it wouldn't surprise me. Don't expect deep discounts though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mrmcscuffles

mrmcscuffles Active Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I found a MP-29 for 140. I go for the cartoon accurate color but something is tell me to wait and see for a Black Friday deal

12. mrmcscuffles

mrmcscuffles Active Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I found a MP-29 for 140. I go for the cartoon accurate color but something is tell me to wait and see for a Black Friday deal

13. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

One thing i never understood was neither the vanilla or the + version has the chest area painted light purple instead of having the transparent plastic. If one of them is for toon accuracy that area should be painted the same color as the hands. Personally I feel like it should have been painted as it would look better.

14. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

neither one is the toon version. People seem to identify the "plus" version as the toon version but really is the opposite: "plus" is the toy version, "standard" is a anime version wannabe. Neither one is truly great imho.
    Great toys, not great representations

15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I think the only people who say it’s toon are dissatisfied with the original release.

• Like Like x 2
  16. gigtigre

I have both and I am dissatisfied by both XD

17. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I have 29+ and I freaking love it.

It's always been the toy-inspired version to me. Sexy dark dark purple. I'm so glad it does have the translucent chest with the greebles behind it; it's the most visually interesting part of the toy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:

to be g1 toy inspired it should really be darker :)  which if they decided to do i would snap it up without thinking

"edit" as can be seen in B13's post

19. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Also Takara: ;) 

【タカラトミーモール限定】トランスフォーマー マスターピース MP-29+ 防衛参謀 レーザーウェーブ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Destron executive `` Laser Wave '' who leaves the absence of Megatron in the masterpiece series is an anime color version and appears as a Takara Tomy Mall limited item!

Destron executives are now available in anime color! Executives leaving the absence of Megatron's mother star Sabertron! A popular character drawn as an ambitious person who turns the counter flag against Megatron in the first variant of a gun with one arm and an overseas comic. The ultimate laser wave with a characteristic optical gimmick! !

Inserting an optional battery illuminates the arm of the robot and the muzzle of the SF gun mode. In SF gun mode, the size that a person can hold and the muzzle glows purple by pulling the trigger. After the pattern is turned on by switching the switch on the side, it automatically turns off at a fixed time.
    In robot mode, pressing the switch on the side of the arm automatically turns off the laser on the left arm automatically after a certain period of time. The old toy can be transformed without removing the muzzle that was removable at the time of transformation. In addition, a stand to decorate with SF gun form is also included, and it can be closer to the shape of the animation setting by deforming the stand and attaching it to the backpack. Each joint has a clutch, so you can decorate it with free poses. Die-casting is used for each part, and coil springs are used for the left arm cable. A number of replacement wrists are also included, making it an impressive salute pose and a transparent fist of the old toy image. (Transparent movable fist left and right included) Comes with a laser wave type hand gun that appeared in the play. By rotating the tip from the elbow, you can change to the respect mode (old toy shape) where the cable grows from the front of the arm.

More faithful reproduction of anime colors at the time!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“Battle!” Broadcasted in Japan in 1985. "Super Robot Lifeform Transformers" reappears in the anime color that reproduces the figure in the play! The body color is changed to dark purple symbolizing Destron! "You are a laser wave! Isn't it !!

Newly modeled parts!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The head of the monocular, which is a characteristic design, reproduces the shape with a new mold! The light gathering gimmick revives the image in the play that shines brilliantly! I told you that! ”“ A red lie !! ”

Additional clear parts are included!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, the product is completely transformed from laser Vulcan mode to Robot mode! Laser Vulcan and wrist muzzle, which are clearly molded by LED gimmick, emit light! "Take the invaders of the vain Cybertron in their hands! Laser Wave !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    * MP-29 + Defense Staff Other than Laser Wave sold separately.

• Like Like x 6
  20. gigtigre

SURE!
    So wait... Lilacwave was... TOY?! AHAHAH LOL
    Nice try, Takara.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.