MP29+ Shockwave And MP36+ Megatron G1 Toy Colors

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 9, 2018.

1. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Loving it! He looks great in daylight and brighter light. Great shot against the brick wall.

Think I’ll repurchase this guy come the summertime :thumb 

• Like Like x 3
  2. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Love the classic pose, plus the natural lighting in that pic is awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  3. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yeah bro I spent over 17 grand since 2006 or so when I first purchased Car Robots 2 pack Fire Convoy + God Magnus. And just this year alone I spent more then $3,000.00 which is just utterly stupid (Hot Toys and 3A TFs adds up quick). I felt I offered them the same thing as what you said . And even still they pulled that shit on me. If i ever canceled anything it was reordered later that month anyway. I tried to talking to them but now if I want a preorder I have to pay full price. Nice way to treat their long lasting customers. A little warning would of been nice Especially when it says "you can cancel at anytime" everytime u go to order something.

I was looking for a reason to stop using them. That, plus fact I had to spend $300 on taxes on the last shipment, I was pissed. Especially since when I purchased the stuff there were no tax laws. It doesnt matter they still charged me taxes. I'm not used to pay taxes there are no sales taxes here where I shop retail.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yeah me. I think that guys got a hair up his ass I never been treated like how they been treating this year. I used to just deal with women and they were really cool. This asshole has denied me getting new figures of a package that was shipped with 5 broken DX9 figures. Never have been I treated like they did un the past 15 months or so. And I spent more this/last year too. Bah! They said its "policy" a certain amount of cancellations per year or some bs. No way I made any difference from any other year.

5. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

I've been screwed by them in the past too. Had a preorder that I placed as soon as it went up. When the item eventually released, I kept reading on these boards everyone's order shipping but mine. When I reached out to them I was told I was basically put to the back of the line because I had too many order cancels and the item I had preordered was now out of stock and had to wait until the next shipment which they didn't know when it was coming. Needless to say I cancelled that order and haven't preordered with them again. And up until that point I was a longtime customer that probably put one of their kids through college.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How much is "too many order cancels?"

7. Flesh Creature

Good question. You'd have to ask them.

8. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Do you recall about how many it was?

9. Flesh Creature

No idea, Magnus with Chrome. It was awhile ago now. They don't have any warning about it in their policies and instead make a point to promote their "no hassle" cancellation policy, so like many, I'd put a preorder in with them as a placeholder, and if I found a better deal for something elsewhere or simply changed my mind later, I would cancel- no hassle! I guess they felt I'd hassled The Hoff or something, and instead kicked my ass to the preorder shithouse. I just wish they would've given me a little heads-up first that I was being naughty. A little scolding and I would've cleaned up my act with the quickness. I mean, I thought me and them were like tight bros. So many blissful transactions together through the years. But like all good things... I'm ok though. I've since found new friends to preorder with- and so far, no hassle!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I wouldn't go through the trouble of preordering as placeholder from NA retailers. It really isn't worth it. There's no discount incentive for doing so (unlike Taobao or Amazon Japan for example) and the prices remain the same once in stock.
    NA retailers will always have the item in stock. If you prefer NA retailers simply buy from them once the item is in stock. That way you won't have to cancel their preorders.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Flesh Creature

That's pretty much where I'm at these days. I've slowed down collecting as a whole and only preorder if it's something special, like the FT-10+ limited to only 750 and gone almost instantly. Put in a preorder with TCP for that. Or MP-44 with AJ.

Back on topic, I'm waiting to see if MP-29+ goes on sale before pulling the trigger. I don't need it as I still have my custom painted MP-29. But I like the new eye on the + and I can fiddle with him without having to worry about paint wear on my custom.

12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I've never seen the value of preordering from NA retailers. I did it once with FT Soar at TFSource when it was first being released. Once it came into stock it took them nearly a week to ship out my order. Meanwhile everyone else who bought it in stock from them was getting theirs shipped within a day or so. I said never again. If I go the NA retailer route, I'll wait for it to come into stock.

13. Flesh Creature

Yeah, that's frustrating. It used to be different when there would be a preorder discount at NA retailers on certain figures, but those days seem long gone now.

14. kiwijinxter

kiwijinxter Member

I've always wanted Shockwave but the original MP29 with its pastel light purple didn't convince me but now MP29+ with the dark purple, boy, THAT is one beauty... darn it, I saved up for the Unique Toys Peru Kill... and now this MP29+ is starting to get in the way... absolutely love the colours.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Re-posted from the MP appreciation thread in case anyone needs another opinion:

I finally received MP-29+ over the weekend and so far I love him. Electronics all work. My only issue is that there’s a small white spot on the front of his left shin. I always have bad luck with paint issues. It looks like something white got stuck in the paint and it really stands out against the dark purple. I’ll have to pay shipping to return it so I’m trying to ignore it. I’m getting really frustrated with the TT Mall exclusives. They’re more expensive than normal releases and I’ve had QC issues with most of them. I’m terrified of what might be wrong with MP-36+ so I haven’t ordered it yet. Thinking about it because MP-43 was delayed.

I’m pretty sure MP-29+ is painted. The plastic is a different colour and swirly on the inside. Also on mine you can see debris stuck in the paint.

I haven’t placed him on the shelf with my other MP’s yet to see how he matches. But both of my kids much prefer the lighter purple of the original MP-29. They said he looks way more like the cartoon than the new one which I thought was very interesting! I like the new eye and the colour so I’ll most likely keep the new one on the shelf and the original release for alt mode. I think!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    A reminder of what's just around the corner:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course the ass tattoos:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  17. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I’m losing patients. It’s sooo loooong between my toys now. This guys sure is going to be sexy though.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I know right? It's all about those tampos man!! They are gonna be so damn gorgeous in person, just like Artfire's.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Curse you Samuel, curse you. Just when I had cooled-down from my impulses to buy this guy, you go ahead and post this shit!

I gotta say, those tampos, the squigglies on his chest, the red inner legs, the alt-big toy head. Sexy man. Sexy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I mean, I'm not gonna post @chchchch's MP-44+ digibash or anything... but if he wants to, I'm not exactly gonna stop him...

Because you know you're gonna get MP-44+ when he comes, so why not get 36+ already in preparation? :D 

As much as I used to watch my video cassettes I also used to stare at the box cover, so you can imagine how cool it will be to finally have a toy version of this:

[​IMG]

It's gonna be a looooong wait for 44+

• Like Like x 6