Minor/Repaint: MP18B- Bluestreak Toy Accurate Version

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by deadalertcorps44, May 10, 2020.

1. deadalertcorps44

deadalertcorps44 Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone, today I bring you my blue Bluestreak, toy version. Before I go any further, I would like to say that Ambitron and his toy accurate Smokescreen inspired this project. Once I saw that Prowl-helmet-Bluestreak-Face combo, I knew I had to do it on my mp18B.

So without further ado, here is the figure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the head, the most important part of the custom. Honestly, it was a bitch to get that pin out, and it was almost not worth doing. Once again, shoutout to Ambitron for giving me some insight into doing the faceswap. Other adjustments I made for a toy accurate head include gold eyes and the mistransformed hood panel. It's not much, but I think it helps set this version of the mold further apart from the other guys.

[​IMG]

Optional katana. It's Japanese toy of a Japanese robot that turns into a Japanese car, so why not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Head aside, I swapped out the missile launchers for the omega launchers and spray painted those gunmetal. I also painted the shin detail reddish purple and added a black wash. I think the color goes well with the metallic blue, but it's too dark, especially when I put the tinted windows back on. If I had to do this again, I'd probably add some white to the red and purple mix. The final addition is the gun. The datsun mold has two distinct rifles, neither of which are completely toy accurate. I didn't want to do anything crazy, so I just swapped Bluestreak's gun for Smokescreen's lol.

I think now would be a good time for comparisons.
    [​IMG]

Will the real Bluestreak please standoff?

[​IMG]

Diaclone reunion.

[​IMG]
    Another one rides the bus.

God, I love the 280z, it's my favorite car. I think the datsun robot mode might be my favorite design from g1. You see every part of the car except the roof, a rich harmony of car and robot. It perfectly represents what transformers design meant to me since the beginning. /end rant

That's all I have to show for Bluestreak. Thanks for taking a look, and good night!

• Like Like x 5