MP Wheeljack Full Image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShockWave77

ShockWave77 Well-Known Member

just do a "search" on "ANIME EXPORT" or google it. http://www.webutations.net/go/review/anime-export.com and http://d343355.u107.fasthit.net/boards/showthread.php?t=16227 Don't have to take my word for it. Just read reviews on other boards.

This guy Brum Bot here should be ban from this board.

2. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I've been going back and forth comparing this to the original toy, it seems like the cabin on the real Stratos is more pronounced than either the MP or the original TF/Diaclone toy. I don't know if it's because the physical proportions are slightly different or if it's a trick of the paintjob on the real car. If anything, the MP looks closer to the G1 toy than it does to the real car, and I'm 1000% OK with that.

3. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

well only 7 months to go, should be enough time to set aside some money. Still have to battle the wife over the usefullness of my toys.

4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    A 1000x No!

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seconded.

6. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. Do it right or don't do it at all. That's what classics is for.

7. YOLOrenzo

YOLOrenzo Well-Known Member

I can see this - it would have to be a significant re-mold, but both figures could share the same type of transformation. It can't just be mostly a re-paint like the Datsuns.

8. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    its not that i dont want it ... i just want it as marlboor....

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Nope, I'm more bothered by the lengths some people are going to to find things to complain about and, clearly, just help talk themselves out of buying this figure. Don't like it? Then don't buy it. Gonna let a centimeter difference in window size be your reason to be bothered? Then don't buy it. Think it's "too expensive" or whatever else? Then don't buy it. Don't care for Wheeljack as a character? Then don't buy it. Worried that not every single decal/sticker you might want will appear on the final product? Then don't buy it.

Pretty simple.

10. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thirdededed.

I cannot fucking understand why people want a remold out of this for Sunstreaker. This is the MP line. They are two different cars with some similarities in transformation scheme. We should get a new mold. And anyway, a remold of this would be so god damn extensive that it would be hard to even justify calling it a remold.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Banned? For what? Having successful transactions from a retailer then posting about it? I've had three purchases from AE and all three have been 100% hassle free. Should I be banned too for posting such blasphemy? Get over yourself.

12. skywarp99

skywarp99 proto-Cyclonus

Up until I got back into TFs in the early 2000s, with the G1 toy reissues, I did not know that the other bot in the picture was a main character. As a kid I just assumed the animators had drawn up a generic dead Autobot to stick into the scene. It was only getting the Rhino G1 DVDs and rewatching them all, that I realized that was Windcharger. I had totally forgot about him, or what he even looked like.

Poor guy, Wheeljack is the secondary bot in that picture, yet even dead, he totally steals the show...lol

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    2 of my Manager at work don't collect Transformers, but they would be interested in the cars. I mean I showed Bluestreak to them and they were amazed, one even asked me contently if ToysRUs will get them in.

14. pfcparts

pfcparts Well-Known Member

Detractors sometimes have valuable points that make you think. Very worthwhile and appreciated.

Not much difference between AE, HLJ, or Ami. I find sometimes AE takes a while to ship, even after payment of the shipping... Ami has sent me two instances of damaged figures and they were never resolved. I still shop there for hard to find items lol. I've had no problems with HLJ or Hobby Search.

Ordered from AE again today with the money I had saved for grimlock. I tend to get luckier with better figures from AE. :)  Shipping ends up the same for me, but peace of mind. I am usually not around or awake when ami's preorders go live and they usually sell out.

As for WJ... yes. Hopefully we'll see a deco soon. Proper send off for Hasui isn't it?

15. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only person needing, perhaps not a banning but a warning, is YOU. Quit your ridiculous tirade. There are PLENTY of us who always have fantastic experiences with Anime Export. I see very well why they stopped responding to you, you're a nuisance!

lol you know what, I think I was the same until mid-teens! He does suffer from one hell of a generic looking bot mode in the toon, massively prefer the way his RTS figure looks. :lol  WC didn't have much of a chance, Wheeljack's a legend!

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Looking at that prototype picture, I wish I were playing with it right now.

17. ShockWave77

ShockWave77 Well-Known Member

I was just answering a question about MY own experiences with AE. He was the one that came at me first. Thank you!

18. Funkmasterke

Funkmasterke Custom Title:

News Credits:
    Wow August. They sure like to make us wait. Too bad it's only repaints coming out from now till then.

19. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I think that people are saying that once they have the transformation scheme figured out then it's easy to see the same scheme applied to another model. Now that we have the Fairlady mold done, it isn't a big conceptual leap to get Jazz designed. Now that we have WJ done, a transformation scheme that uses the front of the car as feet and the roof as a chest is workable and that design can be the starting point applied to other models that do the same. Little details are going to be different, body seams may break and fold in different spots, joints may be done differently, but the hard part is figuring out where to hide the arms and legs and robot bits. I don't think people are seriously suggesting quick repaints or half-assed reshells. At least I hope not. You never know.

If you stay in this hobby long enough and deal with enough outlets, you are going to get screwed at some point. It's just going to happen. I've had problems with every retailer that exists now or previously existed. I've even accidentally screwed people I've sold things to. I've tried to make mine right, and most retailers get problems solved most of the time, others don't. Of HLJ, Ami, and AE, I know people who have had problems with each, some resolved well and some not. Overall, I would say that the positive experiences outweigh the negatives for each.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  20. King Kaiser

King Kaiser BEARS!!!!

After Prowl....this is gonna be a great figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.