MP Sunstorm at TRU retail!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deceptigtar, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That's not how IP works. If they didn't take the photos, they don't have the rights to use them unless the photographer gave them permission, sold the rights to the photos, or attached a CC license to them. If they bought the custom and photographed it themselves, that's all we ll and good, but it's still a dick move to cover the box with pics that don't have anything to do with the toy inside.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  2. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    From what I've read Hasbro has the figures touched up in house, by some guy called "Etipsone". He's the guy called out on Acid Storms left cockpit. All of the masterpiece, and generations promo shots I've seen the last year have been touched up in exactly the same style. He probably paints what he's told to paint. The question is, why was he given MP-3 to paint? Was this the original plan for Sunstorm before he was switched to the new version? Maybe they accidentally used an old pic and no one caught it in time. I don't see any evidence of underhandedness from Hasbro, just human error, and more questions than answers. I definitely don't see them ripping off the same customizer 30 odd times in one year. Unless this is all an Al-qaeda plot to bring down the west with nerd rage. And since virtually no one without some familiarity with the character is going to buy it anyway, most of us know what we're getting into. This mistake is nothing but a blip on the radar. Calm down.

3. Warper of Sky

Warper of Sky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep in mind the back of the MP Thundercracker box from TRU had an enlarged picture of the classics/generations version of TC, so this has all been done before and will probably continue. Also remember the side of the TRU AoE Strafe evolution set has a picture of G1 Strafe on it, so mistakes continue to happen.

4. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lynnhaven, VA has tons of 'em.

5. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So it's ok for the picture on a windowless box to not depict the actual product inside? Would you have the same opinion if you didn't frequent these forums and bought this figure based solely on the packaging? Your opinion that the MP-11 mold is superior is not universal.

I am annoyed at Hasbro because I would actually buy Sunstorm if he looked anything like what he does on that box. I want that custom. not the product Hasbro is selling.

No-one is arguing that this is the first time Hasbro slapped an inaccurate product picture on a box. No-one, myself included, cares that MP Thundercracker and AOE Strafe have incorrect products depicted on their packing. Why? Because those figures (along with every other example cited here) came in largely transparent packaging; you could actually see the product you were buying. When you opt to use a windowless box, you push consumers to use your representation of that product on your packing in their purchasing decisions. When you do that, it better be accurate.

6. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    I'm sorry while Sunstrom is really cool. When are we going to get a Skywarp in a Mp11 so I can the three main seekers all in the same mold for cheaper than the Mp3

7. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    In before someone says they got the MP-03 Mold repaints at Wal-Mart for Clearance "forever" ago.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    $79.99 isn't a half bad price. I think this will be the version of the MP-11 mold I'll pick up.

9. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Except prices for a mp3 thundercracker is ridiculous. And never had a us release.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    It's a "derivative work". Which means legally the customizer not allowed to use it commercially without Hasbro's permission, but Hasbro is not allowed to use it commercially without the customizer's permission either.

If I photograph you, I cannot legally publish the photo I took of you without your permission, but you cannot legally publish the photo I took of you without my permission either.

11. EMP Starscream

News Credits:
    Not gonna wait for the...Slipstream...Bitstream...or Hotlink redeco?

I kid I kid.

12. Shipmeadow

Shipmeadow Inaction Master

Why is everyone saying Hasbro stole a customizers work when its clearly the deco used on the actual figure on the wrong mold?
    It even has the flame tampos and the bronze head??
    Hasbro marketing makes mistakes like this all the time just look at the swoop evolution packaging???
    Do you guys just enjoy being mad????

13. EMP Starscream

News Credits:
    I just noticed the TRU Exclusive Bumblebee Evo pack also has the High Octane Bumblebee for the Packaging art. lawl

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  14. Optimus423

Optimus423 Toys"R"Us & Target veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Are they on clearance?

15. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Sunstorm is avaliable for the buy one get one half off Transformers promotion. Picked one up for a friend and spliting the cost!

16. Racetrack

Racetrack Well-Known Member

Can anyone give me the item number for Sunstorm? It will be on the receipt.

17. Cliffatron

Cliffatron New Member

Well, everyone who is going to buy it already knows how it looks, so I would say this is a non-issue. I think the underlying problem is people are mad the paint isn't as good as the box, which I agree with. However, this version is way less McD looking than the Takara one. As an avid fan of Decepticons, this is going to look great next to my other seekers. I just picked up Acid Storm yesterday for $60, can't wait to own the insane seeker Sunstorm. Be happy guys, and crush the Autobot scum!

18. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    It's on the first post but I will repost it for ease.

19. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    Maybe they planed to release Sunstorm with the old mold first, but changed it later?
    It's strange, both versions have the same colors, but somehow I like the old one better.
    Anyway, let's see some in hand pics now!
    (...need help to decide if I'm going with the Takara or the Hasbro release)

20. Racetrack

Racetrack Well-Known Member

Thank you very much