MP Starscream 3.0 Wishlist/Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sam, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if a v3 Starscream OR Soundwave followed up MP44. In the meamtime, they can come out with the missing car bots and if they really want to knock it out of the park, some Insecticons.

A v3 Starscream needs the right colours, expressive faces and ankle tilts to bring it home. And none of the sliding hip garbage of MP11...lock it in. A mini Megatron should be with him too, rather than Soundwave.

If a v3 comes out for the original car bots, though...my collection will go back to what my MP colection was supposed to be: all Decepticons.

2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

1. Animation accurate face sculpts--nobody's gotten the smirk right yet.
    2. Modern articulation--nothing fancy, but he could use ankle tilts and a waist. If Maketoys Meteor can do it, this guy should be able to do it better.
    3. Toon-accurate proportions, but when the toon looked good--see @fsfeedback's post, the first pics looks great, the last one looks awful. Let's stay away from the "animation guides" that they only ever used for the earliest episodes. As in: let's have Starscream's "pants" around his waist, not his navel.
    4. A reasonable price--If they want my money, it's gotta be able to escape the wallet. MP-44's price is not realistic. I ain't spending $500.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    You guys know it’s transformation is going to be overcomplicated, involving it literally exploding like MP-36 and MP-44, and it’ll cost $300, right?

• Like Like x 3
  4. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I want included with StarScream 3.0 ---- Cobra Commander!
    I feel StarScream and Cobra Commander are soul mate.

index.jpg

fff91cd4c7385cc11e76dd87bd0cfdf6.jpg

Starscream-Sky-Striker-05_1312434502.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  5. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want a better face sculpt, MP-11's face I absolutely loathe! Looks like one of those celebrities that had too much plastic surgery. In addition out of the entire sculpt all I would really want is Thundercracker, my favorite of the trio. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    2 words: Better Crown

7. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh yes please! If this happen, I would sell away Meteor in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Aussiebot

Aussiebot Well-Known Member

I can totally see TT doing a V3 Starscream with better articulation, a real cartoon aesthetic and nice bunch of acessories. Unfortunately it will be probably follow MP-36, MP-39 and MP-44 in having lots of seams, gaps & panel lines etc
    My biggest wish is that it costs nowhere near 50000 jpy!

• Like Like x 1
  9. TexasBEAST

TexasBEAST Arch-Analyzer

The Province of the Solitary Astral Phenomenon
    I went all in on the YM MP-11 Seekers and Coneheads, plus the Hasbro panel-lined MP-03 Starscream and RH OS MP-11 Starscream, so I really don't want to reinvest in these guys again. MP-44 don't impress me enough to dump Hasbro MP-10 OP.

But if I may...

Lock dat torso down!!!

Waist swivel. Ankle tilt. Etc.

Longer tabs to lock the wings into the back in bot mode. This would allow greater upper arm articulation without popping the wings out of place.

If the vertical and horizontal stabilizers fold up inside the lower legs, then the folding hinges should have ratcheting detent positions so the stabilizers can easily unfold back out into their intended shape and lock into place. I hate loose, fiddly, crooked-ass, multi-jointed wings.

If the rear stabilizers do not fold up completely inside the lower legs, then the vertical stabilizers should at least rotate forwards to be parallel with the lower legs. The tops of the verticals should point towards the bot head. They should not point out behind the legs.

The rear engine nacelles/lower legs should taper toward the exhaust nozzles. There should not be a squared-off flat surface back there. Curvy is mo bettah. The flared-leg, boot-cut look of the animation bot mode model should not trump a realistic alt mode.

Cluster bombs should plug in underneath the wings and be separate from the armiture-mounted null rays. Let him wield both--not just either/or. Null rays should lock in, in alt mode too. This means multiple weaps attachment points under the wings. 1 is not enough.

Hollow out the tips of the null rays.

Starscream's null rays are energy weaps, so they shouldn't have gun powder stains. Meanwhile, Skywarp has machine guns and Thundercracker has incendiary guns, so they should show gun powder residue.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if they will have the robot-mode null rays fold into the arms for jet mode, and the jet-mode missiles fold into the wings for robot mode. So they don't try the MP-11 trick of moving the same parts on armatures.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ReximusPrimal07

ReximusPrimal07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey if it looks good and we get at least skywarp and thundercrscker and doesn’t cost 5947284948 yen I’m in

• Like Like x 1
  12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OH, GOODIE!! ANOTHER THREAD I CAN FOLLOW!!! THANK THE TFW LORD'S!
    Ok, wants...
    Interchangeable faces
    Dr. Archevil
    Personality chips fore the Combaticons
    Little Engergon cubes, also for the Combaticons
    Transformable null rays
    Pee pew sounds (you know they're including electronics at this point, with larger figures)
    The obvious ones would be aesthetics would be right
    "Modern" articulation on par with newest figures
    His head to come out from behind the pilot seat, instead of under the nosecones body. Then the front of the nosecone could use some of that dead space and fold into itself, and have a much cleaner back in robot mode. (I think this would give better transformation possibilities, as well.)
    Coronation hear. Maybe a wire cape? And, maybe the shoulder gear could have larger shoulders in them, to recreate the look even closer!
    While I would love to see Cobra Commander, I don't think they'll be looking at Western crossovers like that, regardless of sharing voice actors.
    Maybe could include a part to help him hold Megatron, akin to inferno and alert? Maybe something a flight stand could double as.
    Damaged foot from the movie.
    Find a way for the wings to condense in size.
    Stabilizer wings completely hidden. And after seeing prime, I fully expect it to be possible. Maybe they don't even need to be part of the legs transformation!!

I'm sure there's more I can add to this, but it's been a long day of finding ear infections and gathering medications. Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm thinking the days of super affordable "high-end" tf are all but gone at this point. Takara is all in for the true Japanese high-end collectible market, it seems, and looks to be giving that audience far more bang for their buck.

14. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'd be up for anything. It's been so long since MP-03 and we've carried baggage from that mold for so many years. A new fresh mold with some clever tricks would interest me. They pulled off Dinobot, They've hid all of Optimus' wheels, they can do magic for Starscream.

My one biggest want though?

FINALLY DO THE G2 REDECO! (ramjet too, actually I want G2 Ramjet more than G2 Starscream...)
    Can't believe with all the revamps officially, and all the unofficial versions that it never happened. IIRC, one third party did try to make G2 Ramjet but it got cancelled for some reason.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    giphy.gif

Also if everyone's going to come with battle damaged parts then I want Starscream's foot.

• Like Like x 6
  16. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I would love to see an official toon styled Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

subscribed.
    So much lively discussion right now! TFW2005 is back, baby!
    ...entry 2,793 in my wishes that will never come true bucket list...
    Starscream 3.0 will come with a voice chip that plays many classic Latta quotes, including the "Ooooowww... my foot!"
    I'll (partially) echo this sentiment, as several posters have mentioned it now... I don't so much dislike the new face--its LEAPS AND BOUNDS above the current MP-11 sculpt. But like MP-44 Optimus Prime, and Inferno before him, I'd love if Starscream came with a couple of faces to flesh out the different 'looks' he had in the show. I like his softer 'doughboy' look--when he is almost cute/innocent--the perfect disguise for a malevolent schemer.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  18. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I think all the seekers need that smirk face. Due to how the seekers sold in the past, I wouldn't be surprised to see a gap between Starscream and the others. It would probably be in their best interest to see what type of demand TC and SW had.

• Like Like x 2
  19. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    if they could do to starscream what hastak did to mp36's articulation, face and torso i'd be a happy camper.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He had missile pods in his chest one episode, the spot that opens up for landing gear on the Classics mold. That would be the niche thing I'm after, otherwise just make sure to get an expressive face or two dozen.