Mp Soundwave up on TRU for sale 7/18

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SurlyJ, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm happy to see that the order I placed before bed last night wasn't cancelled when I got up, and I'm feeling even better now that I see that Soundwave went up three more times during the night. That means there's more of a chance that this was legit. :) 

I see that Acidstorm is up as well but I'll wait until he's in store to buy my two as I'd much rather help my TRU clear their shelves of their stock once it comes in. Well, that and I'm hoping for a coupon release soon to help with the cost.:lol 

Congrats to those that got one and eff you to the scalpers that made off with ten at a time.

2. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Certainly they can win. All they need to do is set up a site to conduct a poll. Start out by letting fans know which molds are available for the exclusive. Let fans discuss the various repaints that could be attained from said molds. Use the poll to gauge interest. Order from Takara/Hasbro based on results. Market research is actually quite simple, and it can save those involved many thousands of dollars in rotting product.

3. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    oh silly TRU. if I didn't already have takara MP-13 I would be livid right now.

but its to be expected. maybe this will lighten their site traffic for the 18th or they'll just remove the listing for soundwave now alltogether :lol 

4. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On a side note, I had Acid Storm in my ebay cart and just couldn't pull the trigger. I've noticed that my tastes tend to follow the norm, so I'm wondering how many of those will clog shelves starting the 18th? It's just not purple and black enough to compel a purchase.

5. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I get for being sick and going to bed at 9pm last night. Oh well.

6. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm always a pessimist, so I'm still assuming I'm going to jam refresh on 7/18. My gut tells me this is too good to be true. My fear with this is that TRU doesn't do anything with our order till late 7/18 only to cancel.

7. nicholas1108

nicholas1108 Active Member

Ebay:
    I can't believe the scalping has already started! Buying 8 and 10 at a time! Its one thing to assume people are doing it its another to see it in black and white. This is Transformer Fandom Hell isn't it?

8. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    The amount of negative feedback people would leave on eBay would be through the roof :lol 

9. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Hopefully there will be plenty and the Scalpers with get fucked trying to unload their inventory.

I certainly wouldn't call it Fandom Hell. This is so exciting to have an MP Line. It's a bit of a thrill trying to acquire these.

10. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Well you can only leave 1 per order/bid right? That'd be like ~250 since some people bought multiples.

Looking at TRU's previous feedback, I don't think they'd care too much :( 

11. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

So glad I got on here before going to bed. I snagged one. I think we will be ok. If this was another retailer, I'd be worried,but this was TRU, I don' think they would risk that much neg feedback with cancelling that many orders.

12. jcru

jcru Well-Known Member

I hope all of the scalpers get f'ed. One person actually has them up for $200 more than TRU is charging for them.

All I want is one so that I can keep my Takara ones in their boxes. If I can get two, then the second one will be for my godson as always.

13. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

Has anyone contacted seller(TRU) to ask them about the auction and if it's legit. I personally feel pretty safe,but just for the sake of asking....

14. Steroid Prime

Steroid Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TRU does not have anyone knowledgeable on the payroll. Someone just jumped the gun in listing it. Your fine.

15. blugel

blugel Well-Known Member

Hoping in vain that more may pop up throughout the day...but I fear this ship has sailed...

16. jcru

jcru Well-Known Member

It has most likely sailed.

I'm guessing the only way left to get one at retail is to hope that you can score one the morning of the 18th, but there will be half the original number allotted.

17. nicholas1108

nicholas1108 Active Member

Ebay:
    They relisted him 3 times that's 300 Soundwaves! WTF Toys R Us what's the point of a street date if you are gonna pull BS like this!

18. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eff me and I was up too.

19. therealdriverx

therealdriverx Recon

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was lucky enough to get one in the second batch that went up. However, my concern at this point is if they will actually start shipping them out. The auction said "Receive on or before Friday, July 12th" but I would not be surprised if they drag it out and not ship them until next week so that the arrival date hits the 18th.

I hoping that is not the case and TRU just dropped the ball, because I'd love to have Soundwave in hand this week. Here's hoping that people start getting shipping confirmations!

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully it goes back up. I don't want to sit around stressing.. I just want one. Not like these assholes buying 10...