Mp Soundwave up on TRU for sale 7/18

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SurlyJ, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't he be able to?

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Crap. I guess this bastard is staying in bot mode :tongue:  Still getting a kick outta seeing MP-03 in the instructions though :D 

I guess AS having stiff legs is a normal thing too. It was a bit hard trying to pull them down during transformation.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just thought there'd be more change to the Hasbro Soundwave than the Takara Soundwave.

4. BigMetalUnit

BigMetalUnit Banned

Ebay:
    i had the same issue with mine.....but with mine the black piece that holds the wing on was just really tight so the wing would pop off beforethe piece moved....its better now tho

5. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Did it take just moving it around a bit? Because I noticed once I transformed it, and popped the wings back on....it seemed to stay better. But I haven't tried transforming it back to alt mode yet.

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

*Sigh* When will TRU.com realize how shitty this is? Once someone puts the item in their cart and clicks to proceed to checkout, then that should be it. Item locked to the purchaser.

This is essentially like going to an actual TRU and having someone walk up and snatch your MP fig before you and the cashier finish the transaction, and the TRU staff just shrugging and saying "Sorry".

7. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

It costs money to alter a figure. Switching paint apps or plastic color Creates nominal price changes. Hasbro will only spend the money to alter a figure if its safety or quality related.

8. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

^^^^^^ That's what happened to me when I saw the only MP10 prime in TRU last year. It was in my shopping cart as I was in the store shopping for my daughter's Bday when i saw Prime. The guy took it out of my cart and his response was" Well it wasn't yours yet because you haven't paid for it...hahahaha". If I was the same person I was as a teen 20 years ago, I would have knocked a tooth out. All I could say was" If this is what you are reduced to while collecting or scalping then I hope you sleep well tonight". I will never forget that.

9. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

You can't be serious man!

10. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    Yeah, forgot about that. They weren't nearly as stiff as trying to collapse Quakewave's legs though (which came the next day ironically). I was convinced I was gonna break something.

I had to put them on after the hinge was already rotated. I don't transform my transformers much but I do prefer them to stay in one piece. If I'm feeling daring I'll try filing out the cavity a bit. That worked for the stabilizer that was giving me trouble.

I hate people. [​IMG]

11. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

I wish I wasn't serious. I was steamed,but it made me sad more than anything. The guy was lucky that it was something for me and not some hard to find item for my daughter.... it wouldn't have gone the same......

12. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    The store manager or employees couldn't help you?

If you said anything maybe you would have gotten it back..or, at the very least, he wouldn't have gotten it.

Cameras are everywhere.

I feel very angry for you.

13. BigMetalUnit

BigMetalUnit Banned

Ebay:
    yes....i just took the wing off and just moved the little black hinge piece back and forth until it loosened a bit.....and its fine now...they were both extremely tight on mine .....the piece connecting the 2 nosecone sections together was very tight also the piece with the front landing gear niside it

14. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Well, apparently it wasn't his either since he hadn't paid for it yet. That sucks though. I know Karma will have her way with this guy

Yeah I noticed it was very tight/stiff in certain areas. Oh well, I guess I'll mess with it some more later.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm shocked this thread has over 630 pages.

16. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Well mine wasn't scheduled for delivery till tomorrow, however, UPS delivered it to my town this morning at like 7 AM and it said it was transferred to my post office shortly before noon. My mail usually doesn't come till 4 or 5 PM, but knowing my luck I'm sure they probably just didn't bother putting it on the truck beings it technically wasn't slated for tomorrow <_<

17. DumpsterJ

DumpsterJ Well-Known Member

Id have rammed him with cart and snatched it back. screw people like that. Id taze someones ass for a mp10 at retail.

18. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Acid Storm box is coo coo cachoo, will check the figure tonight.

19. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I know mine was delivered to the USPS by UPS a full 24 hours before it got to my doorstep.

When next you see this man... turn his cart over and piss on the contents. Then set fire to the pile. The old burning urine never fails.

20. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

So yesterday I sent a message to [email protected] indicating that my Soundwave box had been damaged due to poor packing. I said that I was fortunate to receive a figure that was undamaged, but that TRU should spend more time making sure they send their products to their customers in one piece. I also said I didn't want a refund or to exchange it, but just wanted to let them know the situation. I was very polite in all ways.

Today they responded by apologizing and refunding 15 percent of my purchase price directly to my PayPal account, which amounts to $18 plus tax. I would still have preferred to have a box in good shape, but I feel this is an adequate response to poor handling of their product.

I encourage everyone who had a damaged box to email them and politely let them know. Its the only way they are going to do something about this in the future, and you might as well get a refund for their bad practices.