Mp Soundwave up on TRU for sale 7/18

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SurlyJ, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Stitches

Stitches Well-Known Member

Acid Storm was supposed to arrive tomorrow for me, but now says it will be attempted to be delivered today from UPS (specifically says package will not be transferred). Mine weighs 2.7 lbs, which should be more than a box with cardboard in it, but I'm still worried.

2. Jazz1992

Jazz1992 Adult Toy Collector....that came out wrong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same, also same goes for my SW

3. Big McLargeHuge

Big McLargeHuge I don't need this

That is seriously messed up. Better contact TRU right away, and send them the pictures -- they need to make that right!

4. bonewire

bonewire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there anything better than a happy ending?

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I want a TRU Soundwave to preserve for years, but after breaking my MP Laserbeak I don't know if I should replace it with the TRU Laserbeak, Keep the TRU Soundwave and give away the other cassettes, what should I do?

6. Jazz1992

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Paint Buzzsaw to look like Lazerbeak. I doubt many people would part out Lazerbeak like that.

7. bonewire

News Credits:
    Now I'm worried my MP SW was in a UPS distribution center from Friday morning until Tuesday evening.

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I could do that, but the cassette side is a sticker.

9. bonewire

News Credits:
    You know if a loose Laserbeak ever went up on Ebay you would pay through the nose, You have a few options, buy a Takara one and sell the the Soundwave you don't want on ebay, that is the most honest choice. The other option is to buy another one from TRU and return the broken one, saying that you opened it up and Laserbeak was broken.The really dishonest choice, is to return it and not say that laserbeak was broken. I would do choice 1, that way you can have the option of having an MP to sell or to display one in robot mode and in tape player mode.

10. darthJMZ

darthJMZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tracking says Acid Storm is on the truck...a day early!!

11. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So did anyone else on back-order get the "Sorry we have no idea when we will get this item back in stock, we recommend canceling and looking elsewhere." email from TRU?

12. sm0kescreen

sm0kescreen Member

That sucks. Good luck-I once had that happen with Best Buy. Bought a $300 Raptor hard drive, got it home and it had been swapped with an old 500MB drive. ANd it was sealed/shrink wrapped. Took it back, BB refused to do anything, and accused me of trying to steal from them (they even threatened to call the cops on me). Called my credit card company, when they opened a case with Best Buy they (BB) told the credit card company I had attempted theft from them, and my claim was denied. Finally emailed Consumerist and it made the front page, and was noticed by BB Customer Service who finally reached out to me.

So, don't take any crap from TRU. If you get push back initially, see if they have a CS Twitter account and tweet them.

13. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    The "last location" thing hasnt updated for me since last friday, does this just mean it has been on a non-stop journey here or something? Its last location was hodgkins, IL

14. DarkSkyfire

DarkSkyfire Well-Known Member

I one time bought a camera from Amazon and literally got an empty box in the mail with a packing bubble in it. Amazon was good about it, though, and sent a new camera right away. Somebody else posted on Amazon that the same thing happened to them, so it looks like someone in a warehouse somewhere was trying to pull a fast one.

15. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could buy that 3rd Party Swoop cassette and paint it up like Laserbeak. Nobody would know the difference.

...maybe.

Ok..joking aside you can just keep combing Taobao and ebay for a loose one. Also, there is a KO Soundwave in the pipes..one of the "loose" MPs that have been turning up. Wait and see what those look like because it may be a slightly cheaper alternative to get some spare parts.

16. bonewire

News Credits:
    That is the black hole where mine was sitting, so i upgraded for 3.50 and then all of a sudden it found its way to Houston and now its out for delivery. go to the website and sign up for UPS MY Choice and it cost 3.50 and you get it a day earlier, I talked to the UPS customer rep and she said it could speed it up faster than that, because when we opted for free shipping, we got UPS real slow service that piggy backs on USPS. So it leaves UPS goes to USPS and crisscrosses, so it sits in distribution centers, like the one in Hodgkins, IL.

17. Optimus423

Optimus423 Toys"R"Us & Target veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    My local store is indeed limiting to only 1 Soundwave and 1 Acid Storm per person and they're pretty adamant about it.

18. TitanCi

TitanCi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WTF! Now what???

19. Vrawr

Vrawr Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just got acid storm and it's a nice reprint of mp-11 but it is also a remold in the feet that flip out now and slight cockpit changes during the transformation. Haven't seen anyone posted anything about it

20. Jazz1992

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you know if repo labels has made anything yet? to replace the sticker that is

Option 1 sounds pretty good too. I mean, yeah, it'd be a little expensive initially, but you can come out of it only losing $30-$60 like you planned.