Mp Soundwave up on TRU for sale 7/18

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SurlyJ, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Called my TRU and when I started saying I was looking for something in the Transformers section I was cut off by the associate who said "Masterpiece right?", lol. So yeah, none in my area yet which tempts me to buy my two Acidstorms through the online store. Are there any coupon codes out in the wild that don't require you to play some game to get them?

2. jaylay

jaylay Well-Known Member

more like ...to collect ... like all my TFs, they all will be sold sometime down the line ...

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Same with me and my Takara one. I might even have it buried with me.

Yeah, I have 2 Takara Soundwaves, I wasn't sure about a Hasbro one. At first, I was going to find 2 Hasbro ones and keep one and give the other to one of my cousins (Whoever like Transformers) but now I realize they are only babies and it could take years for them to apprieate it.

Speaking of which, Everyone here who really wants Soundwave must be near adults. But think of the children, what if children want this toy but they can't get it?

4. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

5. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be leaving for a while at 9 PST to go out for coffee. Anyone mind trying to grab me one if he goes back up while I'm gone?

6. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So I see the site is sold out. Oh well, I've still got reissue SoundBlaster. And I'll feel less bad about buying expensive Metroplex and Predaking, since I didn't get this guy. I'll probably get that My Little Pony on there for my 4 year old daughter though.

7. MenaceRx

MenaceRx Well-Known Member

I fully intended to play with mine and setup a mini battle, being that this is my 1st MP Purschase ever, this has been quite entertaining and educational. If it weren't for luck in waking up and needing something to drink at 7am and also walking my dog I wouldn't have one. So thank you little puppy for the wake up call this morning.

8. BigMetalUnit

BigMetalUnit Banned

Ebay:
    Lol another tru fiasco .....9am est ?...lol managed to get acid storm just to repaint him but other than those i think i wont waste my time with tru exclusives. Its takara all the way for me from now on...ill buy hasbro mps again if tru is taken out of the loop but not before that. If i happen to zee one i ll prolly buy it but i wont waste my time waiting online or hunting anymore good thing i already have the takara...lol

9. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome post, Computron34. There's a lot of butthurt posts going in threads so that should help people feel better

10. jaylay

jaylay Well-Known Member

i dont think masterpieces are meant for children anyhow...

11. USMCPrime

USMCPrime sky-dweller

I'm kinda new at this so any info would be helpful. When you call tru do you give them the upc, the sku, or just all for it by name?

12. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, this goose appears to be cooked. Congratulations to whomever got the Soundwave that I had already bought and paid for over a week ago on ebay. TRU fucking sucks and I wish them nothing but the worst.

If anyone wants to scalp me for $175, just shoot me a PM. Considering they will settle around $200 on ebay and the take 10% in fees and another 4% for PayPal, I'll be paying the amount you would get on there.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  13. slimsizzle

slimsizzle Well-Known Member

another tru fiasco bites the dust...youre 0 for 2 TRU! remember that!

14. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    It's harsh, but I truly don't give a fuck. I went without a LOT of things I wanted as a child, AND as an adult.

15. Rotoraptor

Rotoraptor Banned

It doesn't matter, my friend. You can call it the Rainbow Pretty Happy Time Master of Love and they're going to feed you a line of garbage anyway.

16. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

After missing it after about 5 minutes or so this morning, I went to TRU just in case. While I was there my 7 year old daughter found all the new Monster High sets and the cruise ship Lego set she was looking for , my 3 year old found some stuffed animal she loved. Total tab was $200 for them. I looked at my kids, said f*** it I have Takara SW and only wanted Acid storm to give his head to igear sunstorm. Easy decision.

17. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now, for those of us who got one... Here is what is going to happen next... Based on the MP-10 debacle, all the units that were ordered this morning will be shipped to the stores instead of the people who ordered them. After that wave clears stores, yet another wave will be shipped, again bypassing our orders. Then TRU will realize, OH CRAP! All those initial orders!?!? And will start shipping from the stores direct to our houses, except half that allotment will have already hit shelves, and they won't be able to cover all of the initial orders.

The End.

18. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:

Alright, you've convinced me! I refuse to order MP Soundwave from TRU until they treat me right and allow me to order MP Soundwave!

19. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would have something to do with far fewer ppl wanting the grimlock/bruticus set. And by something, I mean everything.

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AKA probably no more US masterpiece figures in B&M stores. Fans already burned the masterpiece bridge with Walmart, forcing them to sell their MP Skywarp at a loss. Target has never had a exclusive MP figure and there is no guarantee that they will do better then TRU. TRU might not be the best but they have given us Rodimus, Grimlock, Thundercracker & Optimus before this years MP figures.