Customs: MP Soundwave eye paint color

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by highlander3000, Nov 23, 2016.

1. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I have a Hasbro MP Soundwave and would like to paint the gold eyes to the Takara red. What paint to you recommend to get a similar look to the Takara release? I have Soundblaster and like the sheen of the red paint on his eyes.

2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A paint won't get you to where the Takara release is. The visor is a clear red (or yellow in the case of the Hasbro) lens over a chrome piece.

Personally, I love the look of MP08 Grimlock's chrome red eyes and wanted to replicate it so I got a red foil material, took apart Soundwave's head and stuck the foil over his yellow visor. Then I futured it to gloss it and protect it. I absolutely love how it looks.

3. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    What do you mean "futured it?"

4. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Future floor polish. You'll find lots of discussion about it on the boards. It's a water based acrylic floor polish which means it's relatively clean to use and cures hard and shiny. It also self levels (flattens out) so you don't get brush strokes.

I used it because the foil I used was a transfer foil (all I could find that was thin enough and had the look I wanted) and I wanted to keep it from flaking.

You could probably also find a red foil leaf if you know where to look but that would be more difficult to work with and more permanent: with the stuff I used, I can always remove it if I decide to.