Heavy/Scratch: MP-Scale Terrorsaur

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DJsCustoms, Jan 16, 2019.

1. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yet another project I abandoned due to my lack of skill years ago, I decided to finish it rather quickly after discovering it. An MP-Scaled Terrorsaur. Or...As close to MP-Scale as I could manage without messing up proportions back then.

DSCN0575.png

- Starting with a base figure of Generations Rattrap, the head came from a BW Cheetor while the neckjoint came from an armada minicon.
    - The forearms are BW Magnaboss Prowl's legs, with BW Dinobot's front claws as the pterodactyl feet and the hands from GEN Rattrap. The shoulder wings from a BW Terrorsaur's wings.
    - The torso was lengthened using Transmetal Rattrap's torso&crotch plate, which also provided the new hipjoints.
    - While Gen Rattrap's legs were used, they were flipped backwards and the back half was covered with Prime BH Smokescreen shins upside-down to fill out the beast mode. The new feet were built from BW Sonar joints with BW Tarantulas feet+BW Inferno feet forming them. Some details notwithstanding, the heels came out great because of this.
    - The backpack was reassembled using the removed back rat legs and new revoltech joints were attached for the wings to peg in. While the rat head was shaved into oblivion to form the hind section.
    - The Pterodactyl head&neck came from a BeastMachines Skydive with the headcrest added. The jaw opening mechanic has been kept in-tact. The neck is from...I believe a BW Waspinator? Can't recall.
    - Wings were built from scratch using cloth wrapped around a Revoltech joint system to allow full articulation to the wings and letting them fold up for robot mode.
    - And the gun is a simple donor from PotP Jazz, who won't be needing that gun.
    - Contour putty everywhere to try and distribute extra weight to the legs or smooth out SOME surfaces. It was also needed to completely rebuild the upper thighs from scratch(since they were originally the hollow backs of rattrap's thighs).

- Robot Mode -

DSCN0557.png DSCN0560.png DSCN0561.png DSCN0562.png DSCN0563.png DSCN0564.png DSCN0565.png DSCN0566.png DSCN0567.png DSCN0568.png DSCN0575.png DSCN0576.png DSCN0577.png DSCN0578.png DSCN0579.png DSCN0580.png

- Beast Mode -
    DSCN0581.png DSCN0582.png DSCN0583.png DSCN0585.png DSCN0586.png DSCN0587.png DSCN0588.png

Something that must be said is that this is definitely a partsformer. The wings you can remove to make the robot mode look much nicer, but the chestplate MUST be removed to transform. Due to the headsize, it cannot flip over the head. It's VERY easy to remove since it's the original friction pegs, but it still needs to be said.
    You can also leave the wings entirely untransformed if you want to get the original 96 Toy look, so that's something.

- Comparison Shots -
    DSCN0584.png DSCN0569.png DSCN0571.png DSCN0573.png
    DSCN0574.png

It feels great to be knocking out customs that I once gave up on. I'm finally realizing I've come a long way since I started.

• Like Like x 24
  2. Chefprime

Chefprime Radicon

Robot mode is awesome! Neat use with those wings

3. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

The beast neck is a tad skinny but overall this turned out great! Glad you didn't give up!

4. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Bravo for attempting that character. Excellent work! The bot-mode is definitely a winner.

5. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Originally I was going to have cloth velcro-wrap around the neck&shoulders for accuraccy...But every attempt either put too much strain on the neck or just looked awkward.

6. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats amazing. I would love to have that