Customs: Mp Rodimus hand replacements

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by chadwokie, Dec 30, 2012.

1. chadwokie

chadwokie Member

hey guys iv had mp Rodimus sitting on my shelf for ages and his hands have always bugged me and i want to replace them with something better but iv no idea what to get.

I was thinking gundam hands would work but iv no idea on what scale or where to buy?

any help would be super awesome thanks

2. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm working on the same project.

I have some 1/100 Gundam hands, but they are slightly smaller than MP-09's already too small hands, so I won't be using those. The next Gundam scale is larger at 1:60 scale and is much too big.

The problem with replacing the hands with some larger more powerful looking ones is they won't fit when the figure is transformed into car or Winnebago mode. There's very very little clearance as it is with the small originals.

If you don't mind removing the hands, and storing them in the trailer or wherever else when in alternate mode, or like me will not be transforming your MP-09 into alternate mode anymore(I already have broken hinges on my V2 after one gentle transformation). I have found that the MP Seeker hands look nice on MP-09, I've already tested this on a purple set of MP seeker hands.

There are some available here with added articulation: MP Seeker hands (peg wrist variant) by fakebusker83 on Shapeways

I have already placed an order for a white set. I'm planing on mounting them on the wrist pegs from my broken V1 MP-09(It's a fragile figure). I'll just paint them, and slide them into place on the V2.