MP Roadrage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by aniline, Apr 22, 2015.

1. DesertDog

DesertDog is probably craving pork chops

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Thank goodness! I was getting a bit anxious about the paint. Aaargh, I hate parcel tracking sometimes!!! My RR is in town now, but it's saying I won't get her until Friday! I'm hoping that she processes in time to be delivered tomorrow, it'd be nice to come home to another new MP after a cold day at work.

I'm hoping that RR sells well enough that, between her and the success of the recent Deluxe Arcee figure and Femmebots in general, Takara sees that an MP Arcee/Paradron Medic is well worth the effort. After completing the original 25 characters from the first checklist I want them to give us the rest of the Movie cast. Arcee, Springer and Wreck-Gar are all must haves for me. I want a Masterpiece motorcycle!

2. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Holy Crap! AE shipped on jan 4 and its out for delivery today. Now that is some ems shipping! Got her and a Eaglemoss Black Widow chess piece coming today. Yay for collecting

3. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

My Roadrage and Clampdown arrived yesterday. I am thrilled with both. I am actually surprised at how heavy Roadrage is in hand. I had not noticed that with Tracks. I will have to go back and compare.

4. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Here she is!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I am surprised people really doubted she was painted, but that photo right there makes it more than clear. Simply stunning.

6. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

i cancelled my order more than once lol but i'm glad i reordered. it looks nice...although i think i'd flip the autobot sign around for a plane chest. to me its "diaclone tracks"....and to be honest i wish they did black diaclone tracks instead although this will do nicely for now. ...afterall...i NEEDED that gun of here for tracks. love the toy accurate gun.

7. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    She really is! And yeah, I love the way the paint shines in the light. Beautiful! Quite different to Tracks.

I'm sure they'll do black Tracks too. In fact, I welcome it!

8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Considering all of the cashing in on Diaclone already with previous car molds, I'm sure Tracks will get another go in probably black. Also neither Tracks or Roadrage has the toy face mask, so you know they have to dip back into the repaint pool to put that out.

9. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Dang, Sixo! DANG! Glad I get to vicariously enjoy the variant MPs through your gorgeous shots! Natural light aside, how do you get that beautiful sheen in your work?

10. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks, buddy! And that's all there is to it. Road Rage is just particularly shiny in the light!

11. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

The carpet. I gotta get some new carpet!

12. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, it's gotta be the carpet. God help me if we ever move. I'll be finished. :lol 

13. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just got her in today had to take down the xmas stuff before i could mess with her. "You must buy a toy every day" says the wife :lol . Not every day baby. I love it, only thing wrong is that floating head. Other than that everything tabs in nice and tight. Did the shaving of the backpack hinge like another board member suggested and it brought the kibble in and down alittle bit, perfect! I must be easy to please because this is as good as the sunsurge i just got last week. Dont see the complaints people had for tracks. I love this mold, great job takara!

14. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

They seem to like to squeak out at least 5 uses per mold where they can get away with it. At least with the less expensive Carbots. I think the bigger question will be when we do see variant recolors of the Vette tooling, such as the Diaclone "Black Tracks" as we call it, which tooling will they use? Male or Female?

15. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Shit why not both :D 

16. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    In regards to the floating head, my RR's was pretty bad. The hinge it sits on was loose and didn't have that "click" that Tracks had. I used some clear nail polish to get some more friction and so far so good!

17. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

Got her in today! Only complaint I have is that when I pushed the side mirrors in, there was like a 1mm size of stress that appeared on the top of the door. But other than that, very happy with her. Transformed her and realized I was missing some tabbed sections from when I had last done Tracks.

Her ankles look like they're supposed to tab in on the leg too, but I can't get them in there. Is it supposed to get in there?

18. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Cool pics!
    Yes, ankles seem tighter on mine than on tracks. Also, the legs weren't as hard to pry apart as on tracks. I'm really happy to have her. I think she may be the only exception to my "toon" only collection. I wasn't planning on diaclone repaints/remolds but this one looked too good to pass up!

Sixo, you really brought out a rich deep red in your photos! I wish the paint job looked that good!

19. DesertDog

DesertDog is probably craving pork chops

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Got mine today, her ankles were pretty tight as well, and it was diabolically hard to get the front tab undone unlike on my Tracks.

??? Her paint job does look that good under bright natural lighting. I also spent a just a few extra $ on better light bulbs and got noticeably brighter colours in my living room. If I take her to my kitchen window she's as deep red as her box art.

20. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks! Although I agree with DesertDog, I think she looks great in certain lights especially. In natural light she really shines! I think she's beautiful, but I guess maybe some people might have preferred the sparkly paint that Tracks had?