MP Red Bumblebee Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Aug 21, 2015.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

You know, when all is said and done, we are going to have one terrific collection of Pre-TF Diaclone/Microchange Masterpieces. More than we've ever had in any other line, thanks to the nature of MP-line repaints. It'll be wonderful.

2. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

For me, this is a let down, thought it was cliff. The red looks kind of dull. It is nice for some collectors that they are paying homage to the pre transformers.

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    You and I may be the only people excited about that.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Haha! I'm sure there are more than we think who feel the same, but yeah, possibly still a fairly small group.

But hey, as long as they remain the most viable repaints for MP figures, the future looks bright. :) 

5. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to this release as well. When I was little, I got the red version of Bee after I had broken my yellow one.

6. Morbo

Morbo Knowledge Brings Fear

So let me get this straight: people are whining because they saw 'Red' and 'Masterpiece', assumed it was Cliffjumper, then found out it wasn't? :peoples:  C'mon now. You don't want your MP Cliff to be a Bee repaint and you know it. They'll get to him sooner or later, if they get the license. That's no reason to get mad at the other random repaints they do in the meantime. This in no way shape or form affects any thoughts/plans they may have for MP Cliffy.

Personally, I'm kind of exciting. Red Bee was the one I had growing up (and still have). He's my first Bee, and still one of my most favored TFs. I'll have to see about importing this one.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And me!!! (waves hand furiously)

8. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

This guy really needs a toy accurate head more than anything. That would have really sold me on it. Complete with smaller horns, side vents, and no forehead crest.

9. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I don't know what the Cybertron Satellite exclusive thing will look like, but if it looks like the one you get from X2 Toys jet pack and base kit, this red bee will be a super easy pass.

10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    They should have done a toy head on this and made it a new character. Preferably not Stinger, considering that really isn't even a character anyway.

As is, I will probably pass. I felt G2 Bumblebee was already a pretty weak effort and I hate the horns on this mold.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Now all we need is for them to do blue Bluestreak in G1 reissue, Classics, G1 Legion and Robot Heroes (of course that would mean actually releasing the Prowl, but I digress.)

12. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

Roo-Bee (Ruby) Too Gobots?

13. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I'm not going to complain about red Bee, since I know I'll end up getting him. I'll just make a display shelf dedicated to Bee and engrave the words: The Bee Hive into it.

14. hugoboss

hugoboss Well-Known Member

Sooo...you're saying it'll be another MP-11T exclusive, which by the way we're still waiting for preorders to open up?

I don't want to jump the gun but if I must, I'll preorder through RK now!

15. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

I reaaly want this, but I gotta know if its gonna have the battle mask?

16. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup. WST Blue Bluestreak too.

Probably, yes. With RK already having a preorder up for a decent price (before shipping), I'm thinking this may be available in Asia too like Thundercracker. So US retailers should get it in too, but we won't have the option of taking advantage of the yen's exchange rate (without an actual middleman) thanks to its Japanese retailer exclusivity.

17. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

I still think that this mold could be re-molded & re-colored into a very decent GoldBug (like making SandStorm from the Springer mold, or the ConeHeads being made from the Seeker mold). Plenty of re-molding would be needed to make it work. He'd need a new head & face sculpt, of course, plus all new upper-arms & thighs, and a simpler, squarer waist. It would require a lot of new parts, but the belly/torso, shins, forearms, hands, and feet are nearly the same and could remain. The "hoodie" look could be achieved with the mold as is too.

The cartoon basically squared off the bot-mode design in such a way, that it is not possible to get a rounded VW Bug roofline from cartoon-GoldBug's flattened, square belly, at least not without using faux-parts like PowerMaster Prime's chest, which I think is silly. The cartoon's box-like "hoodie" would also prove problematic for a rounded VW Bug roof-line and rear-end.

A very elaborate new mold would be needed in order to turn what is a very rounded car into a square bot, and though difficult, it might be possible, but a lot would have to be compromised. I just don't see Takara making that a priority at this time. (If Takara did make an all-new GoldBug mold, since they have VW's cooperation, why not make him the new New Beetle instead? That would be an awesome up-grade, and isn't that the whole point of GoldBug anyway?)

In the cartoon, GoldBug's car-mode was no longer chibi-fied, but was drawn a more normal VW Beetle shape. So, if people can accept a non-chibi VW beetle for MP BumbleBee, then why not accept a heavily re-tooled GoldBug from this Bumblebee mold? That leap should not be nearly as big, should it?

(Images courtesy The Transformers: the Ark, & VW)

Attached Files:

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, I was the first one with the Ladybug name here...

I love retroactive Diaclone/MC G1 characters! I'm still waiting for MP Clampdown and Deepcover! I just hope TT changes their mind and "officially" makes this a new character so I don't have to. I'm still buying it, but an official new character would make me feel better :lol 

19. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

OK ThunderShot, I guess great minds think alike. :thumb  "LadyBug" is a perfect name for a female Red Bumblebee! Personally, I've always imagined my Red Bumblebee as male (un-named thus far), and my orange G1 Volks as a female with a Spanish accent like Beast Machines Botanica, and she'd be a message courier for high ranking Autobots.

Besides "Stinger" what male name would be good for him, I wonder?

20. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I would order from RK, but I've heard the shipping rates are astronomical. I'll wait for one of the other sites to post it.

I wonder if RedBee's preorders will be up before Thundercracker and Ironhide.