2D Artwork: MP Megatron design TRU fan event

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by cromagnus, Aug 1, 2005.

1. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

I did this whole piece while heavily under the influence of poison ivy. That stuff invaded my forearms and brought new meaning to the word weeping.I closed my eyes and felt the cold dark...
    3 weeks of misery untill I gave in to steroids which cleared house like a gulf hurricane. I wish that upon no one. yes I have scars. these drawings are covered in blood. I had to send copies.
    So Megs' alt mode is a humvee half-trac. The transformation is pretty simple. Originally the cannon base was going to be a minicon after the sword was removed. I still want to add that.
    The runners/fuel tanks under the doors remove and extend to become cannons that attach to his forearms like G1. The smaller cannons on his arms are also the shock absorbers which slide further up the arm near the wheel/shoulder area in alt mode. It is essentially a ring w/a shock attached around his bicep that slides.
    The roll bar swivels down and lights are readjusted. The center section of the bar rotates to reveal the head through the hood. The rest is pretty standard fare.
    Props to Lobo's kitbash posted in the radicons forum. We must have been riding the same brain train! After seeing that I had to post this. C+C welcome.
    -amitabah
    :dj 

2. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Looks pretty good! Sorry about the poison ivy episode, glad you've recovered. I know firsthand how terrible rashes can be.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    whoa

a most excellent design

glad to hear you've gotten better man
    thats tough :\

4. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

truly amazing! i really like the bulkiness in both modes

5. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Wow, that's pretty damned impressive! Great detail, looks like it could have come straight from the BT drawing boards. :thumb 

And definitely glad to hear you've got over the poison ivy - sounds like a proper nightmare, and no mistake! :( 

Rob

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Poison ivy? Ouch, I feel for ya man. I really do. But you did manage to produce one heck of an art piece.... or is it two pieces? Looks really good, kinda like a Megatron version of Arm Bendy Prime. My only crit is that the head looks a little funky and a little too snarly. Maybe just clean that up and you're there. Nice stuff.

7. Jetstreamx

Jetstreamx Lord Jettington

Sorry for the Poison Ivy. Sounds lame.

Onto the drawings, I'm really diggen the designs. Meg's is looking purdy leathal in these.

8. Roadbuster

Roadbuster Well-Known Member

Nice design!
    Megatron's bot mode-head looks a little squat(or oversized maybe), but the rest is pretty solid! I like the take with a armored jeep thing.