MP Grimmy - Takara vs Hasbro TRU

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jerryitus, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I have to say Imprefer the Hasbro version. I sold my Takara version when the Hasbro one was announced. The joints on mine aren't that bad, and I prefer the crown to the Takara accessories. And I got $80 back from the cost of the Takara version compared to the Hasbro. Win.

2. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If these things make it to clearance prices I will probably pick up Hasbros.

For once I almost like it better than Takaras. But I'm very happy with Takaras and have no intention of paying anywhere near 70 for a second one.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I've seen the US version up close and I think it's on par with the Takara version. The only thing I don't like are the oddly placed red stripes on the robot arms/dino legs. But I still prefer my Takara copy.

4. Kranix

Kranix Banned

takaras is better, tighter joints, nicer looking plastic, better chrome and everything else said. i have a hasbro version too and it is junk compared to takara version. but like anything transformers, the jap version is ussually superior to america's (guess thats why america is in such crisis, we cheapen everything) and to those of you that want the crown, get the better takara version, then the ig-tf003 upgrade set on ebay for 5 - 10 dollars and have it all.

5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I have all 3 versions and I prefer Takara's because I really like the waiter accessories. It's not nearly as loose as the Hasbro one, and I don't care for the painted stickers on the Hasbro one. Here's a detailed description of the differences I wrote on the TFWiki.

Randy

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro's is better. When I heard the announcement the Hasbro release, i sold the Takara one. Who cares about the apron. You really don't notice the differences unless you are REALLY looking. Save your $$

7. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

It's basically a $70 apron w/tea set. If I paid that much for some doll accessories I'd probably be saying it's a great thing to have too. I'm sure you can go to Micheal's or some craft store and buy a little doll apron and bottles for the US version and still be under $90 (with a crown).

If my MP Grimlock came with shot joints, like some of you are saying yours has, I'd go exchange it for one with good joints; because they're out there. I own one with tight joints--no issues there.