MP change list!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Sep 21, 2012.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Changes? Fifth class please. Rager.
    Mr. Teger went on and on about how cool grimlock was. And we only go what? a level and a half of him.

RAGE CLASS! Come on!

2. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Is it just me or is the Charge Rifle a total piece of crap now. Did HMS even test out these changes? Holy crap the charge time takes forever.

3. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I remember way back when the game we got was the game we freaking got. I think devs are catering wayyyy to much to the players now. Nerfing and boosting is crap...Learn how to adjust your play style. I complained (not to the point to ask for nerfing), but have figured out how to counteract a lot of how i was dying..

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Developers continually balancing games is a cornerstone for healthy competitive play. Look at the fighting game genre...developers are tied to the hip to the world's best players. This is because they have enough knowledge and skill to be able to analyze the game on a level that lesser skilled players can't, so they can provide extremely good feedback on what needs to be nerfed, what needs to be buffed etc.

I don't get that feeling from High Moon though. A lot of these changes seem very arbitrary and it seems like they're just listening to anyone who complains enough about a weapon without really considering if it is really just bitching or actual, good feedback.

Like the Scrapmaker. I'm OK with the accuracy being nerfed. It's still damn powerful and it only means I have to get just a little closer than I would pre-accuracy nerf. That's cool 'cuz I still got the Slime Cannon and Whirlwind to deal with pesky players who think they can beat me in close.

Energon Harvester however bugs me. It SHOULD be stronger than the Scatter Blaster, period. What I think was wrong about it, is the rate of health gain. It's too easy to stay alive with that thing. So this is a case where I see High Moon just putting an arbitrary nerf without really seeing what the problem is. If it's just as strong as the Scatter Blaster without the Scatter Blaster's ROF, then what's the point?

Nucleon Charge Rifle nerf is another thing that bugs me too. They already admit that it takes a lot of skill to get good with the weapon...and then they make it even harder? Why? Even on a fully charged shot it still takes a follow up shot to finish off a player, and that's assuming they stand dead still after they get hit with it. It's a completely arbitrary nerf. Same with the Pathblaster. It takes finesse to use now...and again the nerf it got for the Crosshair upgrade is totally arbitrary.

5. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    Meh, I was pretty pissed about it, but then I sat down this morning and went sniper for about 10 games in a row. Honestly, it's fine. It's a one hit weapon, on anybody, if you head shot. Even with an energon recharger, even if it's a Titan with a shield. Hit them in the head, fully charged, and down they go.

Honestly, the 'nerf' just makes you actually play like a sniper. You don't get five shots. You get at best two, three if they're a moron. Once you adjust to the new delay it's not really an issue. I had one match where my K/D ratio was 20/1. Several others that were like 15/1 or 13/1. And I don't even have the Deadeye perk since my scout is still at 23 after Priming.

It's more about knowing where to hide in the map to get yourself nice clean shots. Also, using the third Cloak perk(The one that lets you stay cloaked after attacking. I can't remember what it's called) can get you the time needed to get more shots in if you can't head shot.

6. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My issue is that it's more of an arbitrary nerf than anything else. It's a nerf that doesn't really do anything from a functional standpoint. The ONLY thing it does is just make it a little harder to use...and I ask, what's the point? It was already good enough as it is.

The development time and energy that it took to tweak the variables for that weapon instead could've been used to tweak something else, like a little buff to the Pathblaster, or nerfing life gain on Energon Harvester, or something along those lines that are more noticeable and functionally different than what we've got now.

7. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    Err, the point is that it's arguably the most powerful weapon on the field. It's wielded by a class that can turn completely invisible, and is the ONLY weapon in the game that can drop ANYONE on the field in a singular hit. Making it slightly harder to use is still going to have a fairly serious impact on the game for those that use it. I'd argue more-so than any of the other changes, except possibly the Gear-Shredder homing.

Honestly, this is coming from someone who LOVES sniping in these types of games. With the Deadeye perk, before the nerf, the thing fired to quickly. The nerf was about stopping the Deadeye perk from being overpowered. And since they effectively made the deadeye perk equivalent to the old normal version, the normal version had to be pushed a bit too.

Ask the people who I was dropping like flies. Their cursing at me between every match implies they're certainly happy it got nerfed.

8. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Fair 'nuff. I don't touch that thing. I barely see it used myself.

Understandable then. I cannot really use the Charge Rifle as an example...however, in my belief the other changes I've spoken about still apply. This is just an issue with an example, but nevertheless it feels that many changes are still not really intelligent changes. Like the Path Blaster and Scrapmaker, for instance, and the nerfing of the Harvester damage rather than life gain.

9. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

The problem with headshotting in this game is from a long distance, everyone's head is either tiny(moreso than other shooters), or in between massive shoulder-pads or other giant shoulder things.

10. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Screw High Moon. This last update was a load of bullshit. The Energon Harvester is a piece of shit, Slime Cannon lost the point to its best upgrade, Charge Rifle is a piece of shit, and they nerfed the Path Blaster even MORE. The game was just about balanced BEFORE this bullshit of an update.

11. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    1. The charge rifle still works great if use it right
    2. The energon harvestor still works great it just needs to be used right
    3. I agree with the path blaster being bad

12. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Remember, you are just one person. Thousands of people play FOC Online, and at least 100 of them will complain to High Moon

13. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Why is the Energon Harvester as weak as the Scatterblaster?

Yeah no shit I'm just one person. But so are you and It's not like you know how many people are upset with the changes. Can you honestly tell me that more than half of these changes made the game better? Look them up because I seriously doubt it.

14. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Your forgetting the harvestors purpose is to give your enemies health to you.

15. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's went loco!

16. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    Tell us how you really feel, and after that, cry me an Energon River. Do you really think I don't know how much I hate most of High Moons nerfs? Destroying the Path Blaster and Charge Rifle pisses me off as well, but you gotta live with it. Change your play style, or just suck it up and play the game..

17. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    please please please no more nerfing and/or improving!!!

18. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Hahaha that was awesome

19. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Oh I didn't know I wasn't allowed to voice my opinion on how bad I hate the MP Changes on a thread ABOUT THE MP CHANGES.

There is gonna be complaints in a thread about the changes, so how about you suck it up and just let people post about how they love/hate the changes? Damn

20. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    I don't disagree with opinions, but complaining on here about it ain't going to do much.