MP-60 Ginrai / MPG-09 Super Ginrai

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onilink, Mar 28, 2024.

1. RussianSentaiFan

RussianSentaiFan Well-Known Member

Seems like Takara has figured out how to implement combination into MP figures... I suppose that the next \'grand project\' after the Raiden project will be Devastator. After all, he is an iconic feature of the show. 
    And yeah, I\'m back on TFW and quite happy about it. 

• Like Like x 1
  2. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Depending on where you live, you've got the exchange rate on your side. MSRP is 42,000 JPY (sales tax is only for Japanese residents). The actual price will be 20% to 30% lower than MSRP, because that is how things work in Japan. If you're in the States, you're looking at a maximum of $230 USD before shipping, which is honestly a pretty good deal for such a large figure.

• Like Like x 11
  3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I got my MP-57 for the equivalent of 225 USD in the Philippines.
    If this Super Ginrai MPG09 truly is 40cm tall, the 230 USD price sounds right in line.

• Like Like x 6
  4. lord ginrai

News Credits:
    The 40cm listed by one of the online retailers is the length of the cab and trailer.
    The same retailer lists the cab robot mode height at 20cm, which would make the Super Ginrai mode around 28 to 30cm tall.
    Keep in mind though, that historically their measurements have been off by a centimeter or two, so we don't know the exact sizes yet.

• Like Like x 2
  5. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Still, very similar to MP Skyfire and I'm good with that.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

The thing that worries me the most is that I have Skyfire and while he has basically every point of articulation you'd want fir a big bit (except waist swivel), he's sometimes hard to pose because the kegs and ankles have ratchet joints with too few clicks. I don't know if it was done for stability, but I hope Super Ginrai won't suffer from the same problem.

• Like Like x 2
  7. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Uh…. Didn’t power baser come with swap out blue eyes? There’s plenty of pictures with him having blue eyes.

• Like Like x 5
  8. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A japanese deco set into the MPG line, and maybe separate US toy deco as MPs?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob

Rob Fanatic Films Supporter: Optimus Prime reborn!!!

News Credits:
    Hey I'm sorry, I don't really understand your statement and I want to respond in kind :)  .

If this thing is $250 I would pay it without complaint of size, put it on my Yolopark AMK shelf and call it a day :)  .

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  10. FirehawkThexder

FirehawkThexder Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    All this talk about the eyes, but what really bugs me is the chest windows. For me one of the defining features of PMOP/Super Ginrai is the extra two 'windows' he gets from the trailer, on either side of his cab chest. I can't tell for 100% but it doesn't seem like this figure has them? I guess they weren't depicted in the anime? Looking at the toy I always imagined that when the cab docked in the trailer for super mode, that the inside of the cab somehow opened up to have a wider 'command center' that included those windows on either side.

If there is going to be a separate 'toy' version of the super trailer that includes the side windows I'd wait for that. If there are going to be stickers to simulate those windows, well, I guess that's something.. but I'd much prefer actual translucent plastic for them..

When the Kabaya gum release version of Super Ginrai came out it didn't include stickers for these windows. I made and applied my own little blue stickers there because they are that important to me for the look of the figure :)  I also hand-made little red ones for Nucleon Quest Super Convoy because for some reason he came with blue ones that didn't match, lol.

11. Rob

News Credits:
    Regarding the eyes, I think in the toy's content description it states that it comes with a "toy" head and a "anime" head.

12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Not that I'm aware of. There was an add-on kit with a red-eyed head and then the reissue made that version standard.

13. Sandman0079

Sandman0079 Well-Known Member

It's difficult to discern from the low res images even when upscaled, but at least to my eyes the super mode seems to have some measure of sculpt detail for the side windows (yeah, they were not a thing in the anime), so the included toy accurate stickers may have you covered.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or, like, get a gundam marker or something? :)  Someone not buying a figure they want just because of the eye colour is dumb.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Rob

News Credits:
    Maybe not dumb, but yes get a marker and find someone with a steady hand or disassemble the head and paint the eyes.

But again, I think the Super Ginrai pack comes with alternate heads for "toy" and "anime" so I assume you can do the old head swap.

Also, anybody find it funny how Hi-Q/Ginrai is too big for the truck mode? Like every other ground based vehicle has the humans too small to match the robot modd, but this one who should most benefit from a human partner as it's part of the lore. I guess you could make the argument the power armor makes him taller.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  16. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    the inevitable toyhax set for super ginrai will undoubtedly come with red and blue eye stickers and the trailer chest windows

• Like Like x 4
  17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more I look at it the more I'm on team shadow/chrome on the thighs. I don't think they are hollow.

• Like Like x 3
  18. lord ginrai

News Credits:
    Good lad. Welcome to the side of reason :D 

• Like Like x 10
  19. animetal

animetal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing Super Ginrai's thighs are a darker gray similar to the MP44 toes. The picture shows the "color" of the MP44 toes in different lighting.
    灰色.jpg
    The leaked images of Ginrai are now 3D renderings rather than actual images. For example, in these images, Super Ginrai's shoulder guns are rendered with a similar sheen to the thighs, but the shoulder guns are supposed to be a darker gray by both the cartoon and the G1 toys. Guessing the renders haven't been tweaked for lighting yet
    upload_2024-4-1_22-32-20.png upload_2024-4-1_22-35-8.png

• Like Like x 12
  20. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

Give Takara a break, they're new at this and still figuring out computers and pictures.

• Like Like x 10