MP-60 Ginrai / MPG-09 Super Ginrai

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onilink, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fair point. One I surprisingly overlooked this morning when ordering and I'm usually pretty on the money with this stuff. I think because I've always swerved it when ordering directly from threezero (they use FedEx, it's nine times out of 10 over the threshold), I've thrown caution to the wind here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. theguru1974

theguru1974 Well-Known Member

Powermaster Prime was after my time as I grew up in the early G1 era, so sorry for the newbie question, but what is the difference between these 2 guys? If I buy MPG-09 can I skip MP-60? Is MP-60 just a cheaper version without the trailer?

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much. MP-60 is the same cab robot, just painted to look a bit more like the original toy. MPG-09 adds the trailer, and the core robot has an anime-inspired deco instead.

4. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Easy to get carried away...i can easily see this being £280+ in the UK so you should hopefully still get a decent deal.

It does look really good, what gives me pause right now is the unknown height, and that i've already got the KFC trailer with a 3d print cab, and i'm very happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. theguru1974

theguru1974 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. I'm far from a completist when it comes to repaints and alt. decos so I'll grab MPG-09. Eventually I will get to watching the show! Headmasters was a little tough to get through in parts.

6. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

can ppl order these two from Amazon JP Stateside? I can never find things on their site using the search function, always need a link. Is Anime-Export good for this one? Their shipping costs have been crazy high lately bit I know that's a legacy of the pandemic etc ...

7. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Ha !im an idiot … guess Takara wasn’t kidding about that base model MP-60 :p 

8. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    somewhere between tomorrow and yesterday.
    I’m getting the single. Possibly the set.

9. EMPEROR NOVA01

EMPEROR NOVA01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I’ve been telling myself that I only want MPG-09, but MP-60 being the “final” Masterpiece and the commemorative booklet thing are starting to get to me. Those bastards.

• Like Like x 3
  10. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve never been a MP collector but I do love me an Optimus Prime Super Mode toy so I had to check out Super Ginrai/Power Master Optimus Prime and I’m not really impressed. So my first thought on MP-60 is sort of what’s the point? Okay, I guess if you want the MP Ginrai on a budget it’s an option, but the whole point of the original Ginrai/PMOP toy was the combination gimmick with the trailer to for the super mode. I feel like if you’re going to get Ginrai/Prime and you’re going in for Masterpiece then you’re going all in and grabbing the whole thing. The only reason I could see MP-60 being a thing I guess is if you want to double dip and display both Ginrai and Super Ginrai together and now you don’t have to drop the extra cash on a trailer you weren’t planning on using.

Speaking of the trailer, what is up with that? I know the original toy had the arms sticking straight up in the front but they never stuck up that high. Is that show accurate? I wasn’t able to find any images of Ginrai in truck mode pulling the trailer so I can’t confirm. I did find an image of PMOP from the Marvel Comics and the arms definitely didn’t stick up that high.

upload_2024-4-10_9-34-46.jpeg

The super mode also looks odd to me. It looks like they were going for toy accurate with the truck cab slightly sticking out but that’s bizarre. Whether you’re going for PMOP or SG’s look, both have a flatter chest more in the style of the original Optimus Prime/Convoy toy.

I was considering possibly making this my first venture into Masterpiece because as I said I do really like an OP Super Mode. However, considering the issues I’ve heard coming from the MP line over the last few years and just some of the overall strangeness I’m seeing in this toy, I think I’m gonna sit this out. I hope it ends up being a really cool piece for those of you who get it, but it’s just not for me. I am very curious to see how this guy looks beside MP-44. Hopefully we’ll get some prototype images with comparisons soon enough.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IGEBM

IGEBM A Loremaster

According to JTPrime (in like the very early days of the thread), he’s gonna be MPG-10, but we’ll probably also get a God Ginrai giftset

12. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yes. But you'll need to create an account. Your Amazon USA doesn't port over to Amazon Japan, although they can be connected via the app. but even then, you're just switching from one account to the other and they don't "talk" to each other. I think part of it is because AJ uses a point reward system that can be applied to future purchases whereas Amazon USA does not (but they should).

• Like Like x 2
  13. JohnRhogan2501

JohnRhogan2501 Well-Known Member

I\'d get them both, the full version and the Ginrai only version/

• Like Like x 1
  14. IGEBM

IGEBM A Loremaster

I hope we’ll also get to see some photos of him with BlackZarak. I wanna know how they scale lol

15. mizuki088

mizuki088 Well-Known Member

I wonder when will God Bomber will announce? The trailer is just testing the water and see how many people is willing to pay for extra DLC. We have Black and Fire Guts repaint.

They did victory saber and ditch Victory Leo.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

ordered through hobby genki, total cost was a about $262

• Like Like x 1
  17. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Basically every Amazon requires their own account. Same for UK, Australia or any of the other countries they operate in.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:
    Digibash I saw from baidu. Probably won't happen but it can be a reference for future upgrade kit or something else.
    dwedwe.jpg ewdw.png

• Like Like x 1
  19. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    Wait, including shipping? I've never ordered from them and was wondering how that works, and if they have good customer service.

• Like Like x 2
  20. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    True. But he's asking about Amazon Japan specifically.

• Like Like x 1