Mp-55 nightbird

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jhund, Jul 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The blurrier the image, the more intense the arguments. Do you even internet, bro?

• Like Like x 16
  2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    It would by virtue of being a recolor of G1 Optimus Prime. Same as Road Rage and friends.

It's not a super specific list. Those three categories break down to A, B, and A+B. This Nightbird has no direct link to the original toy lines (A) or G1 cartoon/comic (B). It's a double retcon if you're referencing the Legends retool that retconned Enter the Nightbird.

I'm not going to get Internet upset about it but it does suck that the focus is drifting even further from what I'd like to see.

(If it was a non-transforming Nightbird, it'd fit better, but probably wouldn't do what Takara wants in sales/ROI.)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  3. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well yeah. Bottom line is that for Takara that is what matters most and the sole reason for them to make any of their products, let alone it also being the likeliest of reasons they decided for Arcee's repaint/retool to make a Nightbird instead of a Lifeline.

4. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

grannyb00b-gate II...

:ev: 

:gen069: 

• Like Like x 3
  5. kshaps

kshaps Busting Deceptichops

Ebay:
    I'll be sitting this out but pretty sweet to see it.

@Sam you called this one way back in the Arcee thread right?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Gonna get this, but, cartoon accurate Nightbird as a RED fig would be a great alt for this character.

7. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OLD AND BUSTED: Is Nightbird sentient? Was Megatron in love with her? HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME! WE MUST KUNG FU FIGHT!!!!

NEW HOTNESS: Is Nightbird important enough to be a $200+ official Masterpiece toy?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Always happy to have a reason to get a mold I might have always skipped. I went with MMC for Arcee, but wanted to try this mold too. Win-win!

(For anyone worried, I would not be shocked if Lifeline happens too)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Nope I never would’ve guessed that TT would make a Nightbird from Arcee! Not in the MP line.

Pleased that they are though, but I fully intend to purchase this, rip off the backpack and make whatever mods it needs to be more toon-accurate (shoulders to start!). Will make a fantastic base figure though.

• Like Like x 8
  10. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Just wait until we get some better pictures.
    tenor (8).gif

• Like Like x 6
  11. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Right now, I cannot justify paying the ridiculous amount of money Takara is going to want for this, only for me to surgically remove that ugly assed backpack. They can reduce and streamline backpacks on their other MPs. Even Roadrage has a minimal backpack compared to Arcee. Why is it so fragging hard for Takara to give more bot and less backpack on these other Femmes. :mad: 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are people are saying that Takara's going to charge a ridiculous amount or have it be $200+.

Wasn't MP-51 only around $140 at western retail and even less then that and Japanese retail (I haven't used places like Amazon Japan for my purchases before so I don't know for sure how that works)?

• Like Like x 2
  13. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

No way is this figure worth $200.
    After discount, I paid less then that for V2 Starscream.
    I'm convinced they price these figures so ridiculously high that a discounted price on a site like AJ seems like a bargain. Even that "bargain price" is overpriced.

14. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still not sure on this one, the Arcee mold is alright, my only issues with it is her default face and limited leg articulation out the ways and backwards (largely due to her Autobooty cheeks), since this has what we can assume is a nice new sculpt (Looks like she has a unmasked face plate too!), that's one issue away, but I doubt they'd change the legs, which as some have pointed out, ain't good for a ninja.

Her chesticles look about the same as Arcee. Since they're throwing cartoon accuracy to the wind, they should go hard like the Sakamoto comics and wap a Double Ds chest plate in there (the Ds stands for Decepticones), that, or a swan mode with dedicated molding, I'm not picky.

Like I said I'd prefer her to not be a transformer without the backpack, but for a MP, that's obviously a no go, I suppose I could say this is her after being rebuilt by the cons, would be nice to have a girlbot on the cons shelf.

15. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

How much is this going to be?

16. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How long have you been here? She'll be $250 by tomorrow.
    Sadly this place runs on gut-reaction more than actual facts and logics.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

This is the single most bizzare entry into the line if it's true and probably the first I have little desire to own outside of redundancy. It looks really good mind you; Nightbird's deco is a nice contrast to Arcee. But this is the type of retool I would expect from literally ANY other line. This made sense for the Legends line but it's odd to make a "Masterpiece" of a non transforming robot be a classics style retool. After all the jokes about "Sunstrekor" and characters being retools of characters they just had no relation to in the original show and toyline we've really gotten exactly that. As obvious and maybe worn out for some Lifeline is, she'd have made sense. This just feels like it fundamentally goes against the line and that's not something I'd ever say lightly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of scratching my head on this one, just looking at the facts you know and how they've gone about things this is far from being out there. Honestly it was the only real general release option for Arcee.

Seems like people have built up all these"rules" Takara allegedly follows and this contradicts it for them, when in essence it's right along the lines of what they have been doing.

• Like Like x 7
  19. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is great news for the MP line. Nightbird will have an official cannon toy entry linking the OG cartoon to a character. I’m extremely excited for @oblivion01 to translate her extended bio.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Didn't Arcee sell out 4 or 5 times on Amazon Japan? They seemed to sell quite a few, that's for sure.

Arcee's chest definitely looks off but it is much better in person and does not ruin the figure for me. The faces are also much better in hand than the marketing pics.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.