MP-52+ Seekers KOs

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ThatGuyCalledBlaster, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

Wait, there are 2 versions of this KO!? That's interesting. Is there a comparison of the differences?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wolfang

Wolfang Well-Known Member

The Eagle branded one hasn't been released yet. I'm hedging. I ordered the Eagle Starscream and the no name Thundercracker... (and a DS Skywarp)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    If you read back a few pages they’ve been discussed :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  4. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

KO just arrived out of the blue. So far just unpacked to see what was sliding around loose in the box. It's the stand that is loose and everything else was well protected in the plastic clamshell. Fhew. Was worried it was another cheap clamshell with my bot bouncing around loose in the box. Thankfully not so. It all appears intact and pristine at first glance.

Got the LED head. And it shipped with batteries installed!! Don't tell the Chinese police. Normally I'm use to an off/on switch but this one appears to just have a button on the side and the eyes go on for 10 or 12 seconds. Never seen that one before.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    This screw is the only issue I have with mine (which showed up from ShowZ on Sunday). The screw hole for the left hip skirt is totally stripped and the screw can’t get any purchase whatsoever. It’s not a big deal, but it does cause the hip skirt to flop around as there is no friction holding it in place. I’ll try a couple of things to fix it, but it isn’t a dealbreaker.

Having this in-hand and having collected TFs for very nearly 25-years, I truly can’t tell this is a KO. Once I had fiddled with this guy a bit, I went ahead and placed a preorder for the KO Thundercracker and I’ll do the same for Skywarp.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Same thing with those hip skirt screws. The screws just spin and the skirts are bit loose. If you find a way to tighten them up please share because i'd like to tighten them up if I can.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sentinel

News Credits:
    (Ordered Bondic for $24 from Amazon with Prime shipping at 7:00 last night, delivered at 10:30 this morning. Not too shabby.)

I coated (not filled) the front hole from the back/inside of the front hip and cured it with the light. This seems to have added enough material for the screw to catch. After that it was a simple matter of reinstalling the screw and hip skirt by applying enough pressure for the screw to carve new threads in the cured Bondic.

I am very pleased with the result and all credit goes to my TF Earth Wars mate Jazzblast14.

EDIT: I also tightened up the floppy thrusters and ankles with Future floor polish. It worked remarkably well on the thrusters - they are almost too tight now - and worked reasonably well on the ankles. At least there is somewhat noticeable improvement on the ankles, another coat just might do it.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

10. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Of all the repaints possible with the Seeker mold, this is the first one they went for? Sunstorm? Bitstream? Anyone not made 99% out of fragile clear plastic?

Well, I guess this means they're not afraid to do original figures with this mold. Promising for the future. Odd that the clear one comes out Late Jan 2022 and you need to wait until 3rd Quarter 2022 for their Thundercracker.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wolfang

Would you recommend Bondic for this purpose over something like gorilla/Krazy glue?

12. Wolfang

What do you like about them? Seriously asking. I feel very meh. Like, in theory they'd be cool if you could sort of see engineering that was otherwise hidden by paint, but that never really seems to be the case.

13. Sentinel

News Credits:
    I absolutely would. I tried Krazy glue first and it didn’t work. This Bondic stuff was incredibly easy to use and really did the trick. Plus, I’m betting it will work to repair other figures if and when I make a boo-boo.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  14. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

I like too see the engineering and also have several of what was called "lunchtime specials" which were internal gifts. They just appeal to me, there's no accounting for taste, I can't understand people who like beast wars figures off any of the bayverse garbage.

15. Wolfang

I ordered it to try and repair a so far unrepairable peg on TE-01. It seemed a little too gummy and maybe too thick for the job, but I like the idea of using it to fill holes for screws. I'll have to try this on FT Thomas where the screw on one of the chest panels seems to have stripped the plastic and won't hold properly. (Screw still seems to have threads.) I was going to try Krazy glue for this, but chickened out -- my last krazy glue effort resulted in an XTB Savant that is stuck in vehicle mode...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2021
  16. Hawktransfan

Hawktransfan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I had a TE-01 that was broken in the box (the head peg (the part that attaches the red square neck/shoulders area) it was diecast and stripped. I could've tried to fix but I had two from Show Z. So they sold it as a Canada sample buy. Seems a really hard fix since the whole chest and arms have to come apart to get at the screw port.

17. Hawktransfan

Hawktransfan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Is it just that the screw is stripped or is it too short?

18. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

needs an mp-03G-ish deco in my opinion. just fully no color trans everywhere is cool but not a ghost SS IMO. sure if you got some skills and translucent red and blue paints...you could do it.

19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Maybe make him a small sheet and cut holes out for eyes. For sure a ghost then.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sentinel

News Credits:
    Screw hole is stripped. I swapped screws from left to right to check before doing anything and the right side works perfectly with either screw. The left side simply doesn’t have any grab. Or didn’t anyway…

• Like Like x 1