MP 50 Tigatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Historically Kapow and InDemand charge about the same with TFS-Express often coming in slightly cheaper, sometimes TFS-Express will offer a deal to existing customers that will come in as low as Japanese retailers. To be fair, ID's price is below MSRP (24,000 yen/£174) so it's not like they're taking the mickey or owt.

As i understand it AJ charge you some form of import fees on checkout which will at the very least push the price up to AE levels. Then you have to run the gauntlet of HRMC, I cant see a company like Amazon under-declaring on the customs declaration...so Im skeptical it would work out cheaper for UK buyer. Plus it's Amazon and they are evil.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DeGoisis

DeGoisis The Big Bad Robot

Boom!
    Pre-ordered on Show.Z

• Like Like x 1
  3. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Hummm £141.77 that's not so bad considering their free shipping. AE will no doubt be cheaper (Around £125 I suspect) but I'll have to pay up front AND pay shipping.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I don’t know how it works for the UK, but here in Canada at least the import and duty fees being charged at checkout is specifically so you don’t pay once it goes through customs. Verses other sites where you’ll have to pay at the door (because if it’s over $100 you usually get nailed in my experience) it still works out cheaper than AE. How much cheaper usually depends, but for expensive items like this it’s usually pretty tangible savings, and AJ has far better customer service.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Yeah I do wonder about that but I've no one from the UK has been able give an account of using them to confirm this...which rings alarm bells and doesn't attract me to being the first.

I can pretty much guarantee I wont be charge at the door when ordering from AE. So I feel safer with them or maybe Show Z.

Don't get me started on Amazon customer services... or the countless other issues I have with them as a global company. MAYBE Amazon Japan are better but really it's a drop in the ocean of the reasons Amazon will always be my last option.

• Like Like x 1
  6. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    I share your feelings on Amazon, and on the two attempts I made to preorder Hound (yes, that Hound) on Amazon Japan it wouldn't let me and directed me to Amazon.Uk which of course, didn't have MP Hound on order. A couple of UKers have managed to get accounts with AJ but clearly they did it using some secret-squirral method of which I'm not aware. Possibly a proxy service.

I'll be waiting to see what AE looks like on price for Tiga, £145 for LioConvoy domestically was a bridge too far for me and I won't go over that sort of figure here however much I might want one. RobotKingdom's price isn't bad, but their shipping rates are awful and they are a customs magnet to boot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I’m in Canada as well. I’m not sure why but I’m getting refunded for ALL of my import fees from Amazon Japan lately. I used to receive a small refund about a month after I received a figure because they were adjusting the taxes I paid after the price dropped. But now when I get that refund it’s 100% of the import fees. For me in Ontario it’s 13% so it’s significant. For MP-48 it’s around ¥2000.

Anyway I’m not sure if the tax and duty laws changed for Canada or what but I’m paying what the U.S. residents are paying now after my import fees refund for each figure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just went onto Amazon JP and created an account. No special tricks or anything. I am glad as MP-48 is only costing me £110 while Kapow has it for £140

• Like Like x 2
  9. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I managed to create an Amazon Japan account but I'm loathed to use it. Amazon have been right shits to me on numerous occasions and that's ignoring their business and tax practices.

I agree £145 is a lot of pay for Lio (I assume that includes postage?) With the normal AE discount Tigatron should come out around £125. I'm tempted to go with Show Z as I've ordered from them before and had no trouble or been charged customs... but it feels risky. I'm also a little catious about pre-ordering at all given the QC issues of late.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'm assuming they refund you if they themselves are not charged duties/imports. (it happens. I wasn't charged for MP-36 despite being the single most expensive item I've purchased overseas at the time) Because Amazon Japan basically pays those fees on your behalf, if they're not charged they refund you. I mean, I've not been quite so lucky to receive full refunds on duties, but I've received up to like 30-50% depending on how off their calculations were and how much the yen/dollar conversion has changed.

That's why I like AJ. They actively work to keep the customer happy, rather than acquiescing only once you've brought up an issue.

I mean, Amazon Japan is pretty separate from US/UK/CA etc. They have, for me, been a totally different experience between all three countries. (CA/JP being the best, US being whatever. I had an issue once and while they did eventually get me a refund, I recall it being a long thing instead of the previous two who practically don't even ask questions)

I can't say anything to your opinion of them as a business, but as far as customer service goes I've never heard a problem with AJ that wasn't resolved by AJ. In fact I struggle to recall any specific instances of a problem at all.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Yeah Show Z having an early P.O. is a pleasant surprise.
    If their price is only £20 or even £30 more than AE then they still may be my best option because I've always found their shipping to be quite excellent- fast, free and always avoids a customs charge unlike AE- because I always double dip, the packages are a bit larger and I guess there's only so much they can under-value a big box with multiple figures in it. Show Z got my JX Megatron to me unscathed with no added fees which I thought was a miracle so right now they're the front-runner.

I can happily live with £125 for Tigatron or £250 for a pair, plus I won't have to go through that fuss of waiting for AE to tell me they have stock so I can request a shipping invoice, then waiting another day or two for that, then several more days till they ship it. With Show Z, I may not be the last one here to get my MP for once!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Its £141.77 at Show Z not £125 but I totally get you point, I might even go with Show Z myself this time around just so i don't have to pay up front. However I want to wait and see what TFS-express come in at. I'd rather be dealing with someone domestic if I have any QC issues.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 9999eachhit

9999eachhit Well-Known Member

A part of me feels like AJ incompetence depends on where you live? I've ordered from them every MP since Dinobot with zero problems. They usually get in that monday or tuesday after their friday release. I live in Texas

• Like Like x 1
  14. byronicbluez

byronicbluez Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Gotten Megs, Fembot, Hound, and MP44 from AJ with no delivery issues, usually the week of release. I didn't keep Hound and 44, but the BW stuff came without any damage to the figure. I might switch to show Z because they have good aftermarket service. The preorder is up with 180 $USD:

[Pre-Order] Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-50 Tigatron

Amazon JP will probably be in the 160-180 range but you will have problems getting replacement parts if it is damaged. ShowZ probably the safer gamble.

15. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Just be aware that Tigatron comes with this warning on the Show Z listing-
    ***IMPORTANT NOTICE: Takara will not provide any replacement part for all their products.

Is this usual practice for TT?
    I’ve never needed a replacement part from them but it’s pretty crumby to outright refuse especially at these prices. JX has been getting some stick lately for their limited window to request replacements but at least they have a window.

• Like Like x 2
  16. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Stock pics coming.

• Like Like x 1
  17. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 41
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  18. levandowski

levandowski Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whelp, thats it. I'm going to have to order 7 of these.

• Like Like x 7
  19. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    upload_2020-3-3_16-31-47.png

upload_2020-3-3_16-32-16.png

• Like Like x 21
  20. Reygn

Reygn Leader of The Abyss

@oku Thank you, you nerd.
    This beast mode is magnificent, eat your heart out Grape Megatron.
    If they make a repaint, it should either be Orange Tiger, or Oni Panther.
    Oni Panther would either be purple and black, or red and black, to GH o alongside Shadow Panther.

• Like Like x 1