MP 50 Tigatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Feb 8, 2020.

1. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

(Sung to Dust In The Wind)

Tools in the wind. All we are is tools in the wind
    :music 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    NOT SO FAST! Now, granted I'm just looking at photos, so I can't be 100% sure as it isn't in hand - but even though the MP-10 looks just like MP-1, and even though we know all the parts end up in the same place, I think they may transform differently.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

That just isn't knowable from photos.

• Like Like x 4
  4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Haha! Love how you guys are taking the piss :D 

• Like Like x 1
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If appealing to logic and fact doesn't work, laugh 'em outta the house.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Waitwaitwait, IIRC, it's Cameron Diaz that gets something in her hair in that scene from "Something About Mary"...

7. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Ben Stiller got it on his ear, and Diaz put it in her hair thinking it was gel.

And I'm very grossed out now.

8. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Ben Stiller fared far worse. That bathroom scene. *crosses legs*

• Like Like x 1
  9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    After watching Leo Convoy short video I am more confident that Tigertron will have an exquisite amount of ratchets!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lizard Lips

Lizard Lips Well-Known Member

I'm certain that Dinobot is more powerful than Tigatron.

Some characters introduced during a season kicked ass in their first appearance but often we didn't see them repeat those feats again and I believe Tigatron is one of those characters.

Tigatron blasted Megatron off his feet with one shot and Air Razor convincingly defeated Terrorsaur in their first appearances but I don't recall them being consistently that powerful in later episodes, or at least they never demonstrated it. Tigatron got beaten quite badly in a later episode by Tarantulas so his durability is also a little suspect.

In contrast Dinobot was consistently powerful throughout seasons and demonstrated it on numerous occasions. He took on Optimus Primal in single combat and lost narrowly, he bested Megatron in single combat during Chain of Command, he also beat Transmetal Megatron after taking on the rest of the Predacons single handedly.

Its hard to say exactly who has the most raw power but it has to be one of Optimus Primal, Megatron, Dinobot, Rhinox. However, of those 4 I believe Primal and Dinobot are the best fighters.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    tigatron was also a pacifist though and rarely truly invested himself in battle, when he did go all in he consistently kicked ass

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'd say Rhinox is probably the most powerful. Dinobot was damn afraid of him. Throughout the whole series, not once does Dinobot try to mess with Rhinox, and as soon as Rhinox puts his foot down, Dinobot stands in line.

Yes, there is the pretty obvious "I'm in a bad mood, understand?" scene, where Rhinox whips Dinobot into shape, but there's honestly a much more subtle, but far more telling scene later on in the season.

Dinobot just passed on the Golden Disk to Megatron, and Rhinox is trying to work out what it may say. He makes a comment like "It would be a lot easier if you didn't give it to Megatron", and Dinobot responds with "I had my reasons, as I explained to Optimus".

Rhinox responds to that with "Sometimes Optimus is too trusting". That's a straight up Rattrap type dig, and had it been literally anyone else who said that Dinobot would have had some sort of retort, or would have snapped at them or something. But no, Dinobot shuts the fuck up. Rhinox can say what he wants and Dinobot will take it, cause the dude is scary when he's mad.

Everyone is just lucky Rhinox would rather spend his time building stuff than tearing shit down.

Other that, I think it is very situational. Different characters can win the one-on-one depending on the scenario.

• Like Like x 10
  13. Marneyy

Marneyy Ain't that a kick in the lugnuts!

Agreed. Like the time he tried to build a technological empire and overthrow Megatron. #JustBeastMachinesThings :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  14. MarikZero

MarikZero Monika

That's an interesting interpretation, but I think in that specific case it was most of a mixture of respect and guilt on Dinobot's part. Those words hit Dinobot hard because, after all, that was what he was thinking about himself as well. And something like that said by someone like Rhinox (whose speaks his mind only when it's REALLY necessary) was too much of a blow for him to be snarky about it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    So Rhinox more expensive than Dinobot justified?

16. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    It's just a cartoon, they are only as powerful, weak, vulnerable to damage etc... as the writers need them to be for the purposes of the story... and regularly that fluctuated. ;) 

However broadly speaking I think Rhinox had more brut strength, Dinobot more combat prowess. Tigatron's strength lay in his connection to his beast-mode and the natural world.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Yeah, it definitely wasn't a regular thing. I mean, you'd imagine season 3 Primal would be the strongest, and yet if a paper airplane happened to strike the the right way he'd collapse, so the show was definitely not big on consistency.

• Like Like x 5
  18. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    See: Rampage.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Don’t have much to add, but just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the Rhinox chat in the past page guys.

Now I want MP Rhinox as well!!

• Like Like x 5
  20. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Booster is correct here. It does largely depend on the needs of whatever the story was as to who suddenly got powered up/down or who was suddenly able to inflict disproportionate damage on someone they previously wouldn't have been able to.

In terms of Canon power levels I think Megatron had the most "power" overall, but Optimus and Rhinox had the most strength - angry/Evil Rhinox probably shading that. Dinobot and Inferno next with Dinobot being a much better fighter and all-round Warrior - hence being able to go for to toe with Megatron and get a result without actually being stronger than him.

Tigertron may have been next in terms of strength, but I think he was more about finesse and fighting capabilities than being a bruiser. Also stealthy when he needed to be.

Rhinox was probably "strongest" - highlighted as having the most potential to play the Strongman/bully by his Predacon Cosplay episode - Megatron did NOT want to "dance" with him. And it foreshadowed his use in Beast Machines when he did become a straight up brute who could dominate others......if he wanted to.

And now back to waiting for a pre-order to go up.........

• Like Like x 4