MP 50 Tigatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fc203, Feb 8, 2020.

1. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They share zero parts and each figure has to be designed from scratch.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Lizard Lips

Lizard Lips Well-Known Member

24,000 yen is slightly better than I hoped for (probably 16,800 with an AE discount), I'm in for two after all but this has tested my resolve.

Rhinox and Inferno will be 30,000 each I reckon, surely can't be much worse than that...

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The engineering is basically the same, but because the details are so altered, it's not actually a "remold". It's an entirely new toy that just works similarly to the other one.

It's not a great comparison in this case, honestly. Because Tigatron's not like that at all. People are only thinking he's a remold due to superficial similarities. But once you start examining the details, you realize that he's actually very little like Cheetor. It just happens that one of his modes just looks like a bigger version of the other toy. But functionally, they're nothing alike.

• Like Like x 9
  5. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Masterpiece line has become an abomination.I will be in my grave for a very very long time by the time Takara/Hasbro is done the G1 stuff. There is a part of me that doesn't even wanna bother anymore. It should not be odds and ends. Takara needs a solid plan and they need to stick to it.

The prices are too expensive. This toyline is no longer affordable for everybody. It's gonna have a lot of accessories, that will stay in the box for me. They need to have two packages. One that is about 125 dollars max with less accessories and then have one with all the accessories. It's a bummer for people who don't have the finances.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    TakaraTomy has a plan. It's "be Bandai".

This is the reality of the situation. We got complacent when TT was pussyfooting around, dipping their toes into the mid-range collectible market. But they were really just biding their time and trying to work their way up into the big leagues, and that's where we are now.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    There is al of of pointless bickering over 'is he a retool or not' and it really is little more than semantics. Tigatron is a larger figure with a new transformation scheme and therefore no shared parts(unless you count upsized parts then there may be a couple here or there) and very little if any shared engineering... we can all recognise that. He is a brand new mould that has clearly been designed from the ground up and not retooled from the Cheetor mould. However you have to be blind not to notice he shares some resemblance to Cheetor and that although different in many ways there's some similarity, shared sensibilities in design and the orientation of their parts. Clearly some of the joints and sculpt are very similar indeed, I expect the robot shoulders for example work in roughly the same way. I imagine having Cheetor already designed benefited them in designing this figure....that's all that really needs to be said.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Glad the price isn’t as exorbitant as I feared. Don’t get me wrong, this is still way too expensive for what we're getting. I just paid 120€ shipped for a robot figure which is about the same size and has a diecast skeleton + a glow in the dark paintjob. Tigatron will run me about 150€ + shipping.

Is it too much? Yes. Will I pay it? ... Yeah. It’s a bit more than Lio Convoy which is okay by me since Tigatron is bigger and beefier, but he is less than Dinobot as he should be. So still way too pricey, but not enough to get me out of the game. Because man, this figure is gorgeous all around, I love it!

Also: Bonus tax for another reveal of a fully painted test shot with a number and a price tag attached to it. Because that’s much better than gray prototypes with no info on release whatsoever.

• Like Like x 2
  9. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

20200209_105916.jpg

10. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    It could be much worse. TT has yet to launch a $1000 toy where you don't even get its iconic accessories unless you fork over another $400.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I'm less outraged with the price than usual, it's expensive but they could have gouged us for more I suspect so I'm in a strage situation where I might be respecting them for not doing so whilst still feeling I'm getting ripped off lol. At 2 Primals, 3.4 Cheetors, 20% more than Lio Convoy and only 30& less than Megatron that's still a pretty penny. I'll be interested to see the quality of the materials used and what accessories we get at that price.

Extra faces/expressions seems like a given, his beast head appears to work differently to Cheetor's (in that it stays in place in robot mode) so swapping out heads might be out of the window? He has his gut gun...could he have a tail gun? Do those wrist missiles 'fire'? (I dodnt mean are the spring loaded, just are they removable) He didn't really carry all that much in the show... can anyone thing of anything he interacted with in the show that might warrant an accessory?

• Like Like x 2
  12. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    People might be less apprehensive about the price if he came with another tiger :p .

• Like Like x 5
  13. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Heh... Snowstalker did cross my mind as I wrote my post ;) 

It's actually not as crazy as it sounds.... is it? I guess if you double dipped you could pose both modes together and pretend the beast mode was Snowstalker.

14. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    Ok, in the last releases (but Bee) the price was more or less justified, but for Tigatron they throw the shit on the fan: Dinobot is bigger, has A LOT of accessories and is priced the same, Tigatron share a lot of engineering with Cheetor (that has a low price)

15. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lots of close-up pics by Gamerlingual in the other thread:

2020 Winter Wonder Festival Information

Tigatron looks absolutely gorgeous, even if he's twice the price he should be. He costs over three times as much as Cheetor; that's madness.

understood.png

If ever there was a figure begging to be KO'd, it's the Metal Structure Nu.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    I want this-
    0AC4A1BC-66C0-42DE-B8E4-B7CBF463683F.png
    - from A Better Mousetrap.

Just noticed he’s also got light piping like Cheetor.
    B6A8D271-2710-4D5E-A1AD-D7A9C0E7177E.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  17. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

A great accessory would be the traps from the floating island. They could package him with the ones that are boulders that slowly move towards each other to murder anything inside. Better take your Tigatron toy out quickly before it destroys him! (batteries not included)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    A Sonic Emitter unless I'm very much mistake, I don't remember that being synonymous with Tigatron though, I guess he did hold it at one point though.

Aren't those a little on the large side?

19. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Once again with beast wars, I'll wait for the KO. It's getting too expensive now and that price is double too much.

20. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    It’s Blacharachnia’s device but Tigatron is the only one to handle it and look badass while doing so. Honestly, there’s nothing specific accessory-wise to go with unless we just grab whatever random object he happened to interact with for however brief a moment. Megatron held a toothbrush once for less than a minute so everything is fair game.

• Like Like x 3