Minor/Repaint: MP-47+ Hound

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by deadalertcorps44, Dec 28, 2021.

1. deadalertcorps44

deadalertcorps44 Well-Known Member

Hey all, just wanted to show off my new project inspired by tfsource: Toy accurate MP Hound!
    [​IMG]

I have most of the parts painted right now. Toy Hound has a very simple color scheme, so I would have him assembled now. However I'm going to replicate the stickers on his arms, legs, and feet to the best of my ability as for the rest of the stickers, I'm probably just going to order some reprolabels for G1 Hound. In the mean time, I've got some progress pics below.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I think it's going along pretty well. Most challenging thing so far has been leaving the warmth of my bed to paint lol. I coated the green Jeep shell with a matte clear coat, and pretty much everything else in a gloss coat, so that should be interesting. I'm hoping it will create a nice contrast.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 14
  2. deadalertcorps44

UPDATE: I'm basically finished now. I painted some of the sticker detail. I just need to clear coat the arms, feet, and lower legs. Also when I tightened the feet, I accidentally glued the ankle joint shut. I tried to loosen it using a soldering iron, which worked on the L foot, but not on the R foot. When I tried to pry off the R foot, I ended up shearing it off. I managed to repair it by drilling new holes, sanding down the surfaces, and attaching a brass rod to the ankle joitn and foot.

Let's take a look at the pictures below:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I didn't have metallic green spray paint, so I decided to try out gundam markers and free hand the squares. It's rough but from a distance, I think it looks ok. If I was to do this again, I would definitely use spray paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Toy Accurate Group shot:
    [​IMG]
    I'll post vehicle mode pics once I'm ready. I might have take the legs apart again and paint the insides. Also, I gave him Bluestreak's gun since its pretty fclose to Hound's rifle, but it's not 100% accurate. I thought about modding it, but I think I'll use it as a placeholder until either someone makes a rifle, or someone sells the Fanstoys or Maketoys' rifle on ebay. I also lost the Jeep mode turret, so if I can't find it, I might have to scratchbuild one lol.

• Like Like x 13
  3. spencer1984

spencer1984 Well-Known Member

Much improved, that looks great!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    It would be nice to see version of Hound that isn't entirely toon faithful...

... and doesn't run the risk of breaking at every hinge.

• Like Like x 1
  5. deadalertcorps44

I forgot to mention this, but this custom actually uses the KO. It was very loose, but actually solid. Never felt as if I was going to break it. The foot shearing off was totally my own fault.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deadalertcorps44

Hello again tfw2005! I had to put this project off for a little while due to 1. waiting for reprolabels to arrive and 2. The left arm was glue in place, so I had rebuild the joint.... again

Here is the vehicle mode, decorated with a combination of repros for G1 Hound and Maketoys Gundog
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robot mode:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  7. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Does look REALLY good.

Just wish Takara would officially release this deco. Then, and only then, would I buy this mold. :) 

• Like Like x 1