MP-44 Optimus Prime Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sam, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Thanks for the reply BrutiKing. Appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 S’goden, s’doodis

I’m going to post this tale here, since the other thread can become a train wreck at times. Sorry to derail the positive vibes, I wish I could contribute some pics of my own. It will help if you read the rest of this with the voice of Lewis Black in your head.

Let me catch everyone up. My package went from Cincinnati and sat at a DHL hub in Canonsburg, PA, which is 45 minutes away from my house, on ‘on hold’ status for over 24 hours. I called this morning, and was assured it would go out for delivery today.

After 4pm, I received a text message that the package was mis-routed and was being directed to another hub. I called and asked what the heck was going on (politely), and explained that the package was formerly very close to my location. The guy put me on hold to look to see where it was rerouted to, and we got disconnected. I called back and got another customer service rep. Of course, they had no record of my previous conversation, so I had to explain everything all over again. She said that it was being rerouted to Lockborne, OH, which was the “closest distribution point to me, and that they only delivered to my area every two days.” I thought this sounded odd (the distance part), but assumed that perhaps Lockborne, OH was close to Parkersburg, WV, on the Ohio river, which is about an hour away from me. After hanging up, I looked at Google Maps and found that Lockborne, OH, is a suburb of Columbus... OVER THREE HOURS AWAY FROM ME:mad: !!!

So, I called back and spoke with yet another service rep, another 10 minute explanation of what was going on and politely telling them that their geography skills leave much to be desired, and asking why it makes sense to them that it would go from Cincinnati, to near Pittsburgh, to Columbus, then to north-central WV. She then said that the expected delivery date wasn’t until Monday the 9th anyway. I told her the rep I talked with this morning said it would go out today, and if I had known it was going back to OH, that I would have driven 45 minutes to pick it up. She agreed that it was stupid that the package would be getting farther away from me instead of closer, and tried to look again to see if it was indeed going back to Ohio. The DHL location code that she found for the hub is it going to was ‘WSG,’ and she had no record of that location code in their system.

Well that’s. just. GREAT.

So the most inept shipping company in the US of A has no idea where my package is, and thinks I should be satisfied that I might get it on Monday. They can get it halfway around the world in less than 12 hours, but it takes them a week to go 300 miles? Someone was supposed to call me back, but I didn’t get the call. I guess I’ll spend tomorrow morning chatting with Amazon JP telling them how much DHL SUCKS. Funny thing is, I got an issue of Figure King from them about a year ago in two days, MASTERPIECE OPTIMUS EFFING PRIME TAKES A WEEK1!!!!!111! :mad:  [maniacal Joker laughter]

Serenity now, serenity now...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Dang man, I’ve never had a problem with DHL (knock on the whole forest). They always get my stuff to me in like 2 days flat. Did have a horror story with USPS once though.
    Got MP Wheeljack + and decided I didn’t want him so sold the preorder to a friend. The box arrived, I opened it up, checked everything, the immediately taped the box back up, went down to the local USPS and sent it off, package shows up two days later with a giant whole through both the shipping container AND figure’s box. Looked liked someone had taken the biggest flathead screwdriver they could find and stabbed the thing as hard as they could...let’s just say I ended up just wishing I’d driven the thing to him when I went to visit a few weeks later.
    Sorry you’re having to deal with this and hope they get it sorted soon!

• Like Like x 2
  4. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    Replacement is incoming. I will explain the process when I get it.
    upload_2019-9-4_21-16-7.png

• Like Like x 5
  5. Sinestro00

It’s just absurd. First world problems I guess, just saw pics and vids of what’s going on in the Bahamas. They’re going to need some serious international assistance.

******THIS JUST IN*********
    I received this email from DHL. Some information has been changed to protect the [sic] impotent.

“Hi [Impatient A$$hole]
    I hope this email finds you well. I apologize for reaching out via email however I wanted reach out to you regarding [tracking number] as soon as possible. [man, that’s a lot of reaching]

Your area is serviced by a sub-station which is supervised by our Columbus station. I expect to see the shipment out for delivery tomorrow the 5th. Please continue to track your package at our website, dhl-usa.com [I’m mashing F5 right now]

We apologize for the inconvenience and are closing the research file at this time [I do research for a living, and what you just did is not research] If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. You’ll find our contact details below. [again with the reaching]

Thank you for choosing DHL, [like I had a choice]
    Jessica” [don’t play with my emotions like this Jess. It had better go out for delivery tomorrow]

[calls up national guard] Stand down guys. Let’s give ‘em another 24 hrs...

• Like Like x 3
  6. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My dude, if you have the National Guard on retention, remind me to friend you on facebook.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sinestro00

Nah, that’s just a joke. :wink:  I do know some SOCOM guys though. And, I don’t book face.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Simon Mashirito

Simon Mashirito Well-Known Member

What about Bumblebee or Hound???

9. Simon Mashirito

Simon Mashirito Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that dude. I have the same issue with USPS when I find better deals on BBTS. My orders take over a month to get here (assuming that it doesn't get lost a couple of times first). Better yet, when I have to return things for a replacement. Happened to my Prowl and Thrust and when I got it back, my copy of Prowl was still messed up. Hopefully you'll get it soon. Excited for you to experience the hype that some of us have already had the chance of enjoying.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    Info about overseas returns:

Amazon Japan Conversation Notes:

Question: Will reimbursed for shipping?

Yes, you will receive the shipping fee for return.

We will arrange a refund once we confirm your returned item and the following information.

・Order ID

・Tracking number

・Shipping fee

・Image of receipt *We recommend saving your document as an image file (JPEG, GIF, PNG).

Do I have to return the item by the return date, or do I have to ship the item by the return date?

The returned item should be received at our return center by the return date.

If I am not able to return the item by the return date, can I extend my return time?

I am afraid not, but when you check the tracking status and you expected the item is not returned by the return date, please contact us again. We will confirm your tracking status and we would be happy to assist you.

Amazon return policy states that the product will be reduced by 50% on the refund if it is opened, but the user wouldn't have noticed the issue without opening it. I also forgot to type all in the return description. Will I get the full refund?

Please note that we will arrange a refund even if the item is opened if the item is defective, damaged.

If the replaced product is also defective, what should I do?

I will check our stock and ask your intention.

I see. For the refund for shipping, what form will the money be? Will it be put into my credit card?

We reimburse a return shipping cost maximum 12,000 JPY to your original payment method. If the amount is exceeded 12,000 JPY, we will refund the difference via *Amazon gift card. *Amazon gift card is valid for 10 years.

Does amazon have a DHL account I can use to ship back?

I am afraid that we do not have DHL accounts.

• Like Like x 2
  11. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that PhamDuc ‘finally’ posted pics I can show off my bee as well. Good it’s been a terrible ~3 weeks waiting to show this off.

B83DCD15-9A2D-43CC-ABD9-B5A4BE04ECBD.jpeg 5709C743-000E-48A6-8186-22E5F1E17351.jpeg

This is Bee now. 21 is just a toy. This is literally Bee. He’s in my forever collection. Complex. Fun. Friendly and charming. Yellow as hell.

I love this new direction the line is taking.

• Like Like x 23
  12. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    Sometimes I wonder, how do people even get these things?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Living in Asia helps I guess.

• Like Like x 4
  14. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m just a chatty guy with a penchant for asking for stuff without caution hahaha

• Like Like x 6
  15. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    The only flaw I’m seeing is that the mouthplate is wayyy too long at the chin. It should cut off a bit before then and be closer in alignment with the rest of his helmet (just a fraction of a fraction longer).

It throws off the headsculpt for me. Big sore thumb on an other wise great figure

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    You've got the touch

20190904_202310.jpg 20190904_201637.jpg 20190904_201752.jpg 20190904_201908.jpg

• Like Like x 44
  17. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    No, we won’t get a new Soundwave, and if so, not for a very long time. We’ve got the whole cassette gang. Apart from a waist tilt, what more could you possibly want from the current?

A seeker for sure in due time. But Soundwave? Before the Insections, Jazz, Galvatron? Bro u crazy

18. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    That’s a great way to live life!
    I had an overbearing dad as a kid who’s mantra was “kids should be seen not heard”, sometimes not even seen.
    Thanks for sharing your figure with us

• Like Like x 3
  19. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, so got my V3 today, and WHAT A FIGURE!! The only thing is.. does anyone else seem to have very loose hip movement, front to back?? Mine are pretty loose. Sadly there are a few paint chips, but transformation isn't nearly as daunting as I thought it would be. Overall, definitely worth owning!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

• Like Like x 1