MP-44 Optimus Prime Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sam, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Gah! Meant to say "Megatron for their Optimus"! I think the characters are similar enough that they work well with the same names. Anyway, I'm about to place a pre-order for the Primal reissue, so make that Megatron for my Optimus!

I may well get MP-43 too, so I'll actually be in a first-hand position to judge which one is MP of 2019, unlike some people ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Accept no imitations

News Credits:
    I'd disagree on the similarity of character but that's not really a discussion for this thread. Very pleased to hear you have a Primal coming, it's IMO the one of the best MP's but I'm bias...talking of which, it's my opinion that you have quite the G1 (toon especially) bias, of course I will be interested to hear your preference between MP-43 and 44 BUT will take that with a pinch of salt ;) 

Plus I also expect to have some first hand experience of MP-44 as a friend of mine is definitely getting one, however just compairing the two in photos MP-43 seems such uncompromised perfection in comparison that I can't see my mind changing.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Well that was distinctly passive-aggressive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    :lol .

In all seriousness, I'm kind of surprised they're weren't more initial pics of him interacting with other MPs, I guess in the upcoming months we should start seeing some pics like that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    Heh..it wasn't meant to be, Sam and I are buds (I think?). I'm just well aware that G1 (specifically the toon aesthetic) is number one for him and that my preference tends to swing the other way these days. No aggression passive or otherwise intended :) 

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Heh yep, always buds, sometimes frenemies when it comes to new G1 MPs :lol 

In terms of ticking off nostalgia and most-wanted boxes, MP-44 obviously is going to win. I've been waiting 25 years for a super-articulated and toon accurate Cullen Prime, he's a childhood hero, probably gonna be my favourite toy ever (seeing as MP-36 currently holds that place).
    But that doesn't mean that I can't be objective in a comparison between 43 and 44. I really dug Megatron in Beast Wars - equally as charismatic/interesting as G1 Megatron. 43 looks like a perfect rendition, and unlike the other BW MPs so far there don't even seem to be any compromises in beast mode. A very impressive Masterpiece indeed (which I just put an AmiAmi pre-order in for last night :thumb )

I'm still waiting for the photos of him with Megatron! Should be a no-brainer, right? I'd love to see a three-page spread of only that in Figure King magazine. Maybe they're saving it for the display at Winter Wonder Fest. It's on the 10th of February, so actually pretty close! Hopefully our chance to see fan photos of a painted up MP-44 test shot (only ever had the grey prototypes on display so far).

• Like Like x 5
  7. Booster Gold

News Credits:
    Exactly and I didn't mean to suggest you couldn't be objective. More that in all likelihood your heart will overrule your mind when it comes down to selecting your favourite....and why the hell not! That's what is all about right?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Heh yep, exactly! Come September we should have a thread of 'MP-36 + MP-44' vs. 'MP-32 + MP-43' - decide and discuss which pair most successfully recreate their cartoon rivalries! What a time to be a G1 or BW fan :thumb 

• Like Like x 5
  9. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I've finished my next little digibashing project (with great input from @Sam once again): the MP-44+ repaint, repainted again as toyetic G1 Ultra Magnus. And wouldn't it be so great if the cab was compatible with MP-22's trailer as suggested by so many?!

MP44 - G1 Ultra Magnus Toy - Standing - Turquoise.jpg

MP44 Truck G1 Toy Ultra Magnus.jpg

MP44 - G1 Ultra Magnus Toy - With MP22 3.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  10. e prime

e prime Chosen by the matrix

Great job. Come on takara get on this. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Haha thanks man, I keep tweeting them this stuff and they never respond!!! :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  12. MrBigFeathas

MrBigFeathas My rocket pack?!?

For others that have used Amazon JP in the past, has anyone used the DHL On Demand site to do a signature release? Or, has anyone changed the shipping address on a pre-order? I was thinking because of the signature requirement I may want to have it shipped to work so the receptionist will be able to sign for it. But I don't want them to cancel the order if I change the shipping address.

13. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I’ve done the signature release a few times and it works well. But if there’s a risk your package might get stolen I wouldn’t do that. If they can’t deliver they will bring it back to the DHL depot. If it’s not too far away you can pick it up there later. You can most likely also tell them to leave it at the depot and just get it there if that’s easier.

They also allow you to select a side or back door for delivery if your place has one so it’s not visible from the street.

I think I’ve heard that changing the delivery address may mess up the AJ order so you may not want to do that. But I could be wrong!

• Like Like x 1
  14. jackisking

News Credits:
    I should probably contact them when Wheeljack ships, they haven't been sending me a DHL shipping email, so I can't use electronic signature. Normally I'm home anyway but on the off chance I don't hear the door I prefer for them to leave it.

15. RL1701

RL1701 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If this is still true, the next best price I’ve seen it is at tfs-express - $384 including shipping to the U.S.

16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    For those who missed the news thread:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rear bumper of the trailer slides out to reveal under-carriage storage - as I predicted :thumb 

We also see that the rocket-pack is compatible with Sideswipe in alt-mode (and presumably robot mode)
    Screenshot 2019-01-25 at 06.33.02.png

And Roller can wield the Ion Blaster too:

Screenshot 2019-01-25 at 06.30.09.png

• Like Like x 15
  17. e prime

e prime Chosen by the matrix

It seems just when you think you have seen all mp-44 has to offer, takara says oh btw here is this little detail too. Come on August.

• Like Like x 12
  18. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

Not sure of how many variants I’m in for yet. Since I have two on order, and based on my collecting history of the MP-10 mold, I can see myself going for MP-44B.

19. jackisking

News Credits:
    It would be nice to see a "Roll out" scene in one of his spreads before release. Maybe they're saving that for Hound/Bluestreak +, but it would be nice to see Convoy with a "convoy". It would be a great way of cross selling other bots, with the chance we're due for some more reissues/pluses.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    The under trailer storage is pretty darn cool. I'm more and more impressed with MP44 with each new set of pics.

• Like Like x 6