MP-44 Optimus Prime Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sam, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a heads up to anyone waiting to make the call, Amazon Japan no longer has MP-44 themselves. You can buy it only thru Amazon Japan marketplace. Most of those sellers do not shop outside of Japan. AJ might have sold out of their allotment or they may realist it at a later date. But as of this morning when my friend checked, it was no longer being sold by AJ itself.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    I was planning on doing this as well, starting with about half of the cost from my tax returns, then but by bit every month like a Kmart layaway plan. LOL

3. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But those of us who already ordered are safe, I assume.

• Like Like x 3
  4. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

You assume correctly.

I guess people can now finally bitch about this being $450.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I cancelled my order for a second as we are now going to Greece around the time this guy is released, holiday must come first hahah.

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    In the other thread, not here

• Like Like x 12
  7. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Thanks for giving us this thread Shin!

It feels like ages away but we're at 220 days now people

Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 22.35.41.png

Think when I started the countdown we were around 260 - that month and a bit flew by fast enough :thumb 

I've been thinking about how amazing it would be even to only have MP-44 and MP-36 in a collection. Optimus and Megatron facing off is really something else, especially when they're both to such a high standard.
    It's pretty fantastic that Beast Wars fans are getting the Megatron for their Prime this year, and looks to be the same for movie fans with MPM-8 around the corner.
    As much as I'd love as many G1 releases as possible in the MP line, I think it's fair that every cartoon/version of Transformers should have the chance to own Masterpiece quality figures of Optimus and Megatron, in whatever form they come in. If they put the same smile on their faces that MP-36 and MP-44 will on ours, then who the heck are we to deny them that!

@Cyclonus79 posed an interesting question in the other thread, which quickly got buried with other stuff - how many repaints is everyone in for?
    I'm so down for 44+, and I'd be very tempted by a sleep mode. I know the man @chchchch is working on some great digibashes to visual some other repaints too!
    How about everyone else?

• Like Like x 9
  8. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I might consider a Black Convoy variant...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Mm it would look damn good, especially with the all-over glossy black paint (I know MP-10B doesn't have full paint coverage). I guess they might make him an Autobot this time around, like MP-1B.

If they do MP-44+ first, then they also have the option of packaging in the toy-accurate head with a black version, to recreate the repaint of the G1 toy.

And I seriously would love to see repaints of MP-44+. Was just saying to a buddy how I could see them doing a blue version first (to go with MP-31) - the first ever blue Masterpiece Prime!

• Like Like x 4
  10. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I do also think a toyetic G2 Prime is not out of the question--wouldn't be much different than MP-44+, but the trailer would have the black deco and they could repaint the jetpack accessory black with a silver Autobot symbol to simulate the sound/light pack. It's a longshot, but he was listed on those TT surveys!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  11. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd have to get toy and comic versions for sure. Anything else I'd probably like to get, but would have to see at the time. I'd be worried about things like the Bape decos. Those were cool, but impossible to get.

I'l probably not get any MP-10 repaints now that MP-44 is coming out, but I really like how Spike is painted up with MP-711.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for making this thread man.

I'm down for a G2 repaint with new backpack and guns that can mount to it. That was my 1st iteration of the G1 mold growing up. Hope it gets a toy head.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Michael Payton

News Credits:
    It's back up for now. My buddy bought it for the same 35,000¥ price with shipping to the US as I had. Same August 27 thru 30 delivery date. I might cancel mine. The 3A stuff looks sooooo good and that would pretty much cover the cost of Bee and Blitzscream.

Has anyone heard any horror stories about the toy redeco of Megatron yet? If they botched QC again for something this expensive I might choose to the 3A stuff instead.

14. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Nope, MP-36+ is pretty much perfect. Chrome feels even more solid than the paint on my first-run regular 36.

Those 3A figures look amazing - if only they transformed! Always feel like it’s more money’s worth with a toy with two different modes - it’s a robot AND a truck. Mind still blown, all these years later.

FWIW you have until sometime beginning of August to cancel pre-orders with AmJ. Why not wait til closer to the time, see how you feel then? Surprised that more people aren’t doing that.

• Like Like x 7
  15. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I guess I only answered in the other thread--I had a rule not to buy more than one MP of any character but I might have to make an exception for a G1 toy MP-44+ (or Battle Convoy if they went that route). After that I would only be tempted by...well all of them :lol , but primarily those that appeared in the cartoon (sleep mode, golden lagoon, etc.). Pretty sure my budget will only allow zero to one repaints though.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I would love to see the toy repaint, just like with MP-36+, but I'm strictly a cartoon guy, so not buying it. Like @chchchch I would only be tempted by what appeared in the cartoon and I would have the same budget restrictions too.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Yeah I obviously will be getting the original release . My problem is either getting a + version , or the Akom version. To get both would be a hard pill to swallow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Agreed. I can't justify any repaints at this price level, no matter how fun. I'll just have to enjoy those vicariously!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    If I get MP36+, than I would be obliged to get a possible Mp44+ as well.
    As far as other repaints, I would consider a damaged beyond repair sleep mode, no trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Ahem...Primal thank you! To be honest I wish they'd both had different names, sure it was (sorta explained) but it was a bit naff when they are such different characters. But yes I agree with the sentiment, can't wait for Mp-43, MP of the year no doubt ;) 

Sorry to interrupt please resume MP-44 fanaticism.

• Like Like x 2